Protesters explain: Kochs must not buy LA Times because … tolerance-video

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
oh dear me

SNIP:

posted at 9:21 am on May 31, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Yes, this is like shooting fish in a rain barrel, as Reason TV discovered when it began asking protesters in Los Angeles why the Koch brothers shouldn’t be allowed to buy the Los Angeles Times. Zach Weissmueller finds that either the protesters couldn’t articulate any clear reason why the Kochs would be bad owners, or believe (erroneously) that the Kochs are hard-right activists (they’re actually libertarians). But the best explanation — by which I mean the most stunningly hypocritical — comes at about the 50-second mark, as one protester explains that it’s all about tolerating other points of view. As long as they’re reliably liberal, of course.

No, I am not joking:

VIDEO and the rest here..

Protesters explain: Kochs must not buy LA Times because ? tolerance « Hot Air

Not surprising that a knee jerk rw fool thinks its a good idea that big money own our media.

OTOH, its the same fool who hates all Muslims EXCEPT the MUSLIM that controls what he/she/it sees on fux.

Not surprising that a knee jerk rw fool thinks its a good idea that big money own our media.

OTOH, its the same fool who hates all Muslims EXCEPT the MUSLIM that controls what he/she/it sees on fux.

Big money has owned media for a loooooooong time.

Why is that only a problem now?

No.

I have been posting about this from the first time I came to this board. I have posted repeatedly about a documentary called Orwell Rolls In His Grave. Its available to stream. WATCH IT.

No.

I have been posting about this from the first time I came to this board. I have posted repeatedly about a documentary called Orwell Rolls In His Grave. Its available to stream. WATCH IT.

fair enough

Liberals want to decide ownership of a business concern because of irrational and unfounded fears it may upset their utopia.

No.

fair enough

Actually, I believe this is the most important issue (after the killing of our planet) that faces this country today. There was a time when journalistic integrity was a given. We knew we could trust Murrow, Cronkite, Huntley, Brinkley, Rather, etc and we knew we could trust the nightly news.

Now, fux is nothing more than a shill for the wealthy on the right and they have the biggest share of watchers. That means that more people get political advertising and believe they're getting news.

"You" can say that MSNBC and others are as bad but that's not really true. But, its not a distinction that really means much because all "news" today is colored by someone's agenda. We have the right (money) to thank for this. It was Michael Powell, son of Colin, who was head of the FCC and bought out by big money.

And, I'd bet that close to 99% of the internet is nothing more than someone's opinion being passed off as fact.

Watch the documentary and do a search for media ownership.

Allow me to sum up the actual liberal reason;

B/c we were told the Kochs are bad people by our leaders.

They don't know why or care, just following orders.

No.

fair enough

Actually, I believe this is the most important issue (after the killing of our planet) that faces this country today. There was a time when journalistic integrity was a given. We knew we could trust Murrow, Cronkite, Huntley, Brinkley, Rather, etc and we knew we could trust the nightly news.

Now, fux is nothing more than a shill for the wealthy on the right and they have the biggest share of watchers. That means that more people get political advertising and believe they're getting news.

"You" can say that MSNBC and others are as bad but that's not really true. But, its not a distinction that really means much because all "news" today is colored by someone's agenda. We have the right (money) to thank for this. It was Michael Powell, son of Colin, who was head of the FCC and bought out by big money.

And, I'd bet that close to 99% of the internet is nothing more than someone's opinion being passed off as fact.

Watch the documentary and do a search for media ownership.

I don't need to watch a documentary, I accept the premise.

I don't think the solution is more government regulation because the government is just as corrupt and harder to tame.

I don't accept the notion that Murrow, Cronkite and Rather were trustworthy. They were hacks with political views coloring their journalism. Murrow was a propagandist for Kennedy, Cronkite lied about Tet, and Rather pushed the fake memos.

Liberals want to decide ownership of a business concern because of irrational and unfounded fears it may upset their utopia.

We used to have hundreds of independent newspapers and radio programs in this country. Different viewpoints are healthy for a free society. We're getting down to eventually one or two very wealthy individuals and corporations owning all communication media..
My question is why are you for a couple of thieves owning a very large communication concern? What's in the sick makeup of republicans on this board that has them always defending the rich and powerful? Especially these two thieves that were convicted of stealing oil on government land. Now don't all get upset and start buying more guns and ammo and marching in the street to defend their right to manipulate public opinion. It was years ago and they got off with a fine. Major corporations are considered citizens now, but they don't have to go to jail like the rest of us if we commit a crime.

Last edited:

Who should own the media if not someone who can afford to? I know...You think the Government should own that too.

We used to have hundreds of independent newspapers and radio programs in this country. Different viewpoints are healthy for a free society. We're getting down to eventually one or two very wealthy individuals and corporations owning all communication media..
My question is why are you for a couple of thieves owning a very large communication concern? What's in the sick makeup of republicans on this board that has them always defending the rich and powerful? Especially these two thieves that were convicted of stealing oil on government land. Now don't all get upset and start buying more guns and ammo and marching in the street to defend their right to manipulate public opinion. It was years ago and they got off with a fine. Major corporations are considered citizens now, but they don't have to go to jail like the rest of us if we commit a crime.

And now there are millions of independent websites. No need to allow the government to pick favorite media owners.

Who should own the media if not someone who can afford to? I know...You think the Government should own that too.

What a bizarre planet you must live on, where everything is owned either by Big Gummint or by Big Bidness and that's all there is.

What the hell's your problem with small business? With decentralization? With we the People?

smh... it's like some people aren't happy unless they're given a boot to lick.

What a bizarre planet you must live on, where everything is owned either by Big Gummint or by Big Bidness and that's all there is.

What the hell's your problem with small business? With decentralization? With we the People?

smh... it's like some people aren't happy unless they're given a boot to lick.

Why don't you read what I wrote, and what I was responding to again and think long and hard whether your response made any sense whatsoever.

Forum List

Back