Pump Fake on a Free Throw???

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

Back when basketball was more civilized and playground rules didn't prevail, players were forbidden from entering into the "paint" until the free throw had touched the rim/backboard/whatever. When that rule became ridiculous because nobody followed it, they just abandoned it, resulting in today's free for all, which occurs as soon as the player releases the free-throw (foul shot).

So what is the result when a player pump-fakes the free throw, causing nine other players to storm into the paint, looking foolish for having done so?

A Delay-of-Game violation(?), which automatically turns the ball over to the other team.

Interestingly, the offending player - whom nobody outside her immediate family has ever heard of - is called a "superstar" in the article. They must have lowered the threshold for that title while I was in the rest room. Superstar? Gimmeafukkinbreak.

Back when basketball was more civilized and playground rules didn't prevail, players were forbidden from entering into the "paint" until the free throw had touched the rim/backboard/whatever. When that rule became ridiculous because nobody followed it, they just abandoned it, resulting in today's free for all, which occurs as soon as the player releases the free-throw (foul shot).

So what is the result when a player pump-fakes the free throw, causing nine other players to storm into the paint, looking foolish for having done so?

A Delay-of-Game violation(?), which automatically turns the ball over to the other team.

Interestingly, the offending player - whom nobody outside her immediate family has ever heard of - is called a "superstar" in the article. They must have lowered the threshold for that title while I was in the rest room. Superstar? Gimmeafukkinbreak.
She is a superstar, to those who follow the WNBA. There are also many cricket superstars. Name two.

You can't?

Cricket is a British invention and game. Why would I know ANY cricketeers?

Basketball is an American game. Wimmin's basketball is basically a club sport, funded out of pity by the NBA. It has a following that is microscopic. THere are NO superstars in wimmins' basketball. Or soccer.

Forum List

Back