Raiders' Al Davis saw something great in him & traded to acquire Daryle Lamonica. next season, Lamonica became AFL MVP & Raiders AFL Champs: RIP DL

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Legendary Former Raiders Quarterback Daryle Lamonica has passed away, according to his son, Brandon. He was 80. RIP

FQ46zc8WYAAVAAW

FQ48qfbVIAAeERh

FQ4v9e3XwAEtrDM

Franchises whose single-season record for TD passes pre-dates the merger:
Raiders: Daryle Lamonica 34 in 1969
Washington: Sonny Jurgensen 31 in 1967
Giants: Y.A. Tittle 36 in 1963
Oilers/Titans: George Blanda 36 in 1961

My Senior year (1975) Our coach sent me to Oakland to pick that Autumn Wind highlight film, I NEVER imagined Madden would bring it out to me. He was a GIANT human, he was huge.

The Mad Bomber would have been a perfect fit in todays pass happy NFL

He was fun to watch and helped create the Raider dynasty

RIP
Curt Gowdy every time he broadcast a Raiders game would repeat the phrase..."They call him the Mad Bomber here in Oakland"! I only remember it because he said it enough times. The old AFL was wide open. Stabler was a back up for awhile.

Curt Gowdy every time he broadcast a Raiders game would repeat the phrase..."They call him the Mad Bomber here in Oakland"! I only remember it because he said it enough times. The old AFL was wide open. Stabler was a back up for awhile.
As was George Blanda

Legendary Former Raiders Quarterback Daryle Lamonica has passed away, according to his son, Brandon. He was 80. RIP

FQ46zc8WYAAVAAW

FQ48qfbVIAAeERh

FQ4v9e3XwAEtrDM
Al Davis had a knack for seeing something in a lot of people that others simply could not

He should have had Ray Guy kick his idiot son out of the stadium when he was a kid

FQ46zc8WYAAVAAW

FQ48qfbVIAAeERh

FQ4v9e3XwAEtrDM
WOW!!!.Look at the shape he was still in. Being 80, an NFL player, and having all your marbles is a feat

Especially in his day when there were few rules and these guys got their heads knocked in

WOW!!!.Look at the shape he was still in. Being 80, an NFL player, and having all your marbles is a feat

Especially in his day when there were few rules and these guys got their heads knocked in
Godboy is 48 and is in sick shape, he tells me

Forum List

Back