Rand Paul strike different chord in New Hampshire

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-new-hampshire-023735557.html

While Paul strives to reach young voters, his travels have taken him to historically black colleges, where he has spoken out against the ongoing federal drug war and imprisoning of millions of young black men for nonviolent crimes. It is through this message, Paul says, that Republicans can find an opening with a constituency that has largely voted as a bloc for Democrats since the civil rights era. Some of this push is also reactive: Paul has previously come under fire for making controversial comments about the Civil Rights Act, and Democrats think he is extremely vulnerable on racial issues. But that doesn't mean Paul's views are insincere or will have no impact on GOP thinking longer-term.

So, has Rand Paul replaced Christie as the top GOP Presidential prospect for 2016? Can the GOP accept his Libertarian views?

Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are (imho) trying to move the Republican Party back toward sanity. They have both recently made statements that are much more moderate in tone than the far right wing of the party is comfortable with. I applaud these efforts and look forward to seeing if the GOP can become a party that I can support again. I sincerely hope so.

I still have major reservations about both Bush and Paul. I'm not sure I could cast a ballot for either of them. But I fully endorse their taking courageous stands towards moderation.

Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are (imho) trying to move the Republican Party back toward sanity. They have both recently made statements that are much more moderate in tone than the far right wing of the party is comfortable with. I applaud these efforts and look forward to seeing if the GOP can become a party that I can support again. I sincerely hope so.

I still have major reservations about both Bush and Paul. I'm not sure I could cast a ballot for either of them. But I fully endorse their taking courageous stands towards moderation.

The GOP keeps running moderates and keeps losing. Don't you think there's a lesson to be learned from that?

You would be one stupid fuck if you voted for anything other than Republican even if Bush or Paul were the only choices.

Forum List

Back