Reforming Saudi Arabia

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
images

On Start the Week Andrew Marr looks at the fortunes of Saudi Arabia. The academic Madawi Al-Rasheed challenges pre-conceived ideas about divine politics and uncovers the religious leaders, intellectuals and activists who are looking at modernising the country. William Patey is the former UK ambassador in the region and argues that although the House of Saud is resilient, strains are starting to appear. The American economist Deirdre McCloskey sees fault lines elsewhere in the country's failure to promote and encourage innovation; she believes that although Saudi Arabia has capital accumulation and oil, without creativity and ideas it will not flourish. The historian Ian Morris takes the long view as he studies 20,000 years of international relations and argues that each age and region gets the great powers it needs, and what that means for Saudi Arabia.

AUDIO
Reforming Saudi Arabia, Start the Week - BBC Radio 4

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit, and I, Mr. Taxpayer, don't want to pay for it.

images

On Start the Week Andrew Marr looks at the fortunes of Saudi Arabia. The academic Madawi Al-Rasheed challenges pre-conceived ideas about divine politics and uncovers the religious leaders, intellectuals and activists who are looking at modernising the country. William Patey is the former UK ambassador in the region and argues that although the House of Saud is resilient, strains are starting to appear. The American economist Deirdre McCloskey sees fault lines elsewhere in the country's failure to promote and encourage innovation; she believes that although Saudi Arabia has capital accumulation and oil, without creativity and ideas it will not flourish. The historian Ian Morris takes the long view as he studies 20,000 years of international relations and argues that each age and region gets the great powers it needs, and what that means for Saudi Arabia.

AUDIO
Reforming Saudi Arabia, Start the Week - BBC Radio 4

We Tried It!!! Didn't Work!!!!!

bushholdinghands.jpg
20050805_v080505db-0546copyj-1-515h.jpg

22fb43d530b82bc554a8290efe4cf07b.jpg

Last edited:

Although our so called "intelligent" services are normally only a bunch of idiots, they are right to say so. But in this case they had only to study the history of England and the USA in the last 200-300 years and to compare the situation today with the situation of the Osman Empire. (By the way: Don't trust in Erdogan!) Who gave for example president Bush the order to attack the Iraq? He himselve? How - without brain? The terrorists from 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia - so it made sense to attack the Iraq because of weapons of mass dissapereance - and to fire all soldiers of the Iraqi army and to replace them with some nice people in uniforms. This new american army gave tons of american weapons in Mossul to some Daesh who attacked the prison of Mossul, where they liked to find new criminals for their "spiritual" way of massmurdering human beings. 800 of this Daeshiots were able to conquer a gigantic area with american weapons because of what kind of politics of what kind of idiots? And 30000 Muslims from the western world - cannon fodder - try to help this "state builders" in the spirit of the Saudi Arabian Wahabits. ... What a desaster ...

Last edited:

Although our so called "intelligent" services are normally only a bunch of idiots, they are right to say so. But in this case they had only to study the history of England and the USA in the last 200-300 years and to compare the situation today with the situation of the Osman Empire. (By the way: Don't trust in Erdogan!) Who gave for example president Bush the order to attack the Iraq? He himselve? How - without brain? The terrorists from 9/11 came from Saudi Arabia - so it made sense to attack the Iraq because of weapons of mass dissapereance - and to fire all soldiers of the Iraqi army and to replace them with some nice people in uniforms. This new american army gave tons of american weapons in Mossul to some Daesh who attacked the prison of Mossul, where they liked to find new criminals for their "spiritual" way of massmurdering human beings. 800 of this Daeshiots were able to conquer a gigantic area with american weapons because of what kind of politics of what kind of idiots? And 30000 Muslims from the western world - cannon fodder - try to help this "state builders" in the spirit of the Saudi Arabian Wahabits. ... What a desaster ...

It almost amazes me how some people can be so blind as to believe any country that treats women and children as second class citizens should be exalted as favored allies. Then I have to go back to the Word and recall how the story goes with Ahab when this (spiritual host) king believes on his own false prophets and goes out to war. I can see the prophecies coming alive as this all plays out.

It almost amazes me how some people can be so blind as to believe any country that treats women and children as second class citizens should be exalted as favored allies. Then I have to go back to the Word and recall how the story goes with Ahab when this (spiritual host) king believes on his own false prophets and goes out to war. I can see the prophecies coming alive as this all plays out.

One problem of the USA is to see themselve as a kind of sacrosanct state on their own. The USA is far from the point of view to see themselve like any other nation in the world. In Vietnam for example today will die some children on reasons of the war in Vietnam. From my special point of view the USA was able to start the war in Vietnam - but it never was able to end this war finally, although the people in the USA wan this war by forcing the government to stop it. Agent Orange - somehow the alpha and the omega of the devil "dioxin" - still murders innocent human beings there. A tragedy which shows: to make mistakes is one thing - to stop mistakes is another thing - but to correct mistakes needs a much longer perspective and a completly new behavior.

Meanwhile the USA took often a stone and threw weapons against other nations. The more weapons it threw the more became weapons a kind of anathema within the USA itselve. I don't know how to interpret this - but it worries me. If in the end someone with a weapon in the hands will win, then an idiot will win.

Last edited:

What does the US care about? Human Rights, democracy, freedom OR Money, oil, oil money, MONEY, money, OIL????

It's clear what the only thing that is essential to a partnership with the US.

What does the US care about? Human Rights, democracy, freedom OR Money, oil, oil money, MONEY, money, OIL????

The USA - like all other western nations - hurts the human rights essentially with abortions. And Germany is for example not a partner of the USA - otherwise the USA would not spy in every toilet in Germany, what's indeed like a declaration of war. I guess the USA is for the most nations in the world only the less evil choice.

Last edited:

The USA - like all other western nations - hurts the human rights essentially with abortions. And Germany is for example not a partner of the USA - otherwise the USA would not spy in every toilet in Germany, what's indeed like a declaration of war. I guess the USA is for the most nations in the world only the less evil choice.

Oh, jeez, let's just make it all about your single issue.

No one forces you to learn something from a stranger. But two big problems of the anglo-american world are intentional ignorance and senseless agressions. And this has consequences. You are self-fullfilling your own world of irreality.

Last edited:

No one forces you to learn something from a stranger. But two big problems of the anglo-american world are intentional ignorance and senseless agressions. And this has consequences. You are self-fullfilling your own world of irreality.

Yes, there are consequences, but what does this have to do with abortion?

The answer is nothing, by the way.

Abortions - Guantanamo, Abu Graib or other torture camps too - also the very idiotic behavior of men against women or racism in general or death penalty and so on - show very clear that the god given natural human rights are not in the vitality of values of the people in the western world. Lots of people in our world are hypocrites with a high pseudomorality for others.

the answer is nothing, by the way.

Answer on what question?

Last edited:
So here are few considerations one may want to mull over in two very different videos. The first one is very graphic from a place near Mecca. The second one is a portrayal of the American hicks in the sticks that certain people here call "Goyim" and "trailer trash" in their obvious attempts to slander. A lot of things to think about if you take the time to consider it all.

The Saudi justice system at work;
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

A white Trash Christmas

Abortions - Guantanamo, Abu Graib or other torture camps too - also the very idiotic behavior of men against women or racism in general or death penalty and so on - show very clear that the god given natural human rights are not in the vitality of values of the people in the western world. Lots of people in our world are hypocrites with a high pseudomorality for others.

Answer on what question?

What on Earth are you going on about?

You're claiming to speak for God? You say God gave people Human Rights. Rubbish. We made Human Rights. Are there animal rights? Does God not give a damn about animals? Do you eat Animals while complaining about abortions?

A lot of people don't follow Human Rights, however they are a human invention which only exist because Humans exist and can understand them.

Answer on what question?

What on Earth are you going on about?

You're claiming to speak for God?

God needs no one to speak for him. My problem with god is only that he always gave me what I asked him for - and much more.

You say God gave people Human Rights.

That's not directly what I said nor what I think. This process is over and not over the same time. We are all learners - not teachers - in this context.

Rubbish?

We made Human Rights. Are there animal rights?

I'm not astonished about to hear you say "animals give themselve human rights". A problem in this context of discussion could it be that my respect for animals could be even higher than your respect for human beings. To kill an animal and to murder an animal is for me personally for example a big difference.

Does God not give a damn about animals?

God gives no "damn" at all. He loves animals. No one can doubt about who knows Noahs Arch.

Do you eat Animals while complaining about abortions?

Hmm. Your point of view is crazy now. Let me take the position of an extratererrestrian to give you an adequate answer: If I would see a member of a species on planet Earth which eats a member of another species then I would not be astonished. Everyone needs energy. But if I would see a member of a species which kills a baby of the own species, while this baby is in the best protected position hidden in the own mother during the early maturation, then I would take care that the Galactic News would report everywhere - even hundredthousand lightyears far away - in gigantic letters: "You don't believe it! Take a look at the monster species of the third planet solar system!!!".

A lot of people don't follow Human Rights,

A lot of people are always doing something what no one expects.

however they are a human invention which only exist because Humans exist and can understand them.

I remember in this context a situation when I spoke with someone from Azerbaijan. We had a problem and I tried to make him clear what this problem means for the children. He understood absolutelly nothing. Children were just simple not important for him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back