Religious Ideas of Paradise

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Reading this morning about Islam's ideas of Paradise where young boys wait naked on you, and girl-like beings called houris satisfy your every desire including the sexual ones (as per it being specified you have the virility of 100 men, the body of yourself at 30, and a permanent erection things you don't need if not for sex,) I find myself wondering why such a repressive religion like Islam would promise all the things it forbids while alive? Other religions don't present their ideas of heaven or the afterlife as a XXX-rated amusement park and say that their commandments continue even into the afterlife (Judaism et al.)

But beyond this one curious example I find myself wondering at the very idea of the afterlife being a paradise to any degree. Shouldn't part of any religion be making this life and this world into paradise, leaving it better than it was before we came along? Not giving it the finger since heaven will be better with no effort on our part?

Isn't then a religion that promises a paradisical afterlife the very worst example of ecological health and goodness? If paradise waits for you, pollute this world to your heart's content, not like that matters. We're here maybe 80 years at best, but we'll be in Paradise for eternity.

When I think middle east, India, Rome, or other religious spots pictures of green lush gardens aren't what comes to mind. More like this:

Ganges River Pollution

(was going to write a bit, or paste from it but it's too gross. And that's how religious people treat a "sacred" river.)

Environmentalists say pollution makes baptism at sacred spot in Jordan River unsafe

"Environmentalists claim that the hallowed spot along the Jordan River where Christians believe John the Baptist baptized Jesus Christ has become too filthy for human use."

Shouldn't this here right now be Paradise? Not some never-never land?

In many religions the idea is to try and make earth the paradise promised in heaven, the problem with that is simple, people are involved.......

Reading this morning about Islam's ideas of Paradise where young boys wait naked on you, and girl-like beings called houris satisfy your every desire including the sexual ones (as per it being specified you have the virility of 100 men, the body of yourself at 30, and a permanent erection things you don't need if not for sex,) I find myself wondering why such a repressive religion like Islam would promise all the things it forbids while alive? Other religions don't present their ideas of heaven or the afterlife as a XXX-rated amusement park and say that their commandments continue even into the afterlife (Judaism et al.)

But beyond this one curious example I find myself wondering at the very idea of the afterlife being a paradise to any degree. Shouldn't part of any religion be making this life and this world into paradise, leaving it better than it was before we came along? Not giving it the finger since heaven will be better with no effort on our part?

Isn't then a religion that promises a paradisical afterlife the very worst example of ecological health and goodness? If paradise waits for you, pollute this world to your heart's content, not like that matters. We're here maybe 80 years at best, but we'll be in Paradise for eternity.

When I think middle east, India, Rome, or other religious spots pictures of green lush gardens aren't what comes to mind. More like this:

Ganges River Pollution

(was going to write a bit, or paste from it but it's too gross. And that's how religious people treat a "sacred" river.)

Environmentalists say pollution makes baptism at sacred spot in Jordan River unsafe

"Environmentalists claim that the hallowed spot along the Jordan River where Christians believe John the Baptist baptized Jesus Christ has become too filthy for human use."

Shouldn't this here right now be Paradise? Not some never-never land?

Earth will be turned into a paradise--post arrival of Gods kingdom to earth. Men( govts,corporations) are ruining the earth, and God promised to bring them to ruin for it.

In many religions the idea is to try and make earth the paradise promised in heaven, the problem with that is simple, people are involved.......

Paradise is promised on the earth, not heaven.
Missed the point, didn'tcha....... Wasn't talking about revelation scripture.

I am going to GAN ADEN-----its the southern most part of Yemen-----really a garden of delight-------DEY IS DROPPIN BOMBS on da apple tree.

Didn't that Jew boy Pontius Pilate hanged up say something about the kingdom of heaven being inside one?

Ant Window

I was thinking how the fictional American comic book superhero Wolverine (Marvel Comics), a mutant who possesses super-titanium blades that protrude naturally from his knuckles, enabling him to tear/scratch through virtually anything, represents both adaptation anxieties and access paranoia.

Art always 'soothes the savage beast,' so how about coordinating images in pop culture art with discussions about spiritualism which often border on sentimentalism and paranoia?

Why, for example, does Hollywood (USA) make movies such as "Thief" (1981) and "Secret Window" (2004)?

Our conceptions of paradise in religious doctrines may be connected to pedestrian perspectives on claustrophobia, which is commonly addressed in art.

:afro:

Wolverine

wolverine.jpg

Forum List

Back