Remember the signs "We reserve the right to refuse service"?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I do

It was a time when the American public was considered responsible enough to police itself. And no I'm not talking about the 50's or 60's

Now the government clearly thinks Americans are too stupid to deal with shady businesses without being told what to do.

If people like you weren't such assholes, these laws would not have been established. Thanks to your kind, they are the law of the land, and the country is better for it.

• Banned
If people like you weren't such assholes, these laws would not have been established. Thanks to your kind, they are the law of the land, and the country is better for it.
My kind? I've served gays and plenty of other races & nationalities without refusing service.
In fact the only job I've ever refused was a cranky old white lady who ran rental properties.

You fail

My kind? I've served gays and plenty of other races & nationalities without refusing service.
In fact the only job I've ever refused was a cranky old white lady who ran rental properties.

You fail
You kind is the kind who tolerates discrimination, without fighting back.

• Banned

You fail
Yup. Serving the gays & blacks without question is tolerating discrimination.

You're a loon

You fail

You're a loon
Your own OP states you would have no problem with that being done. Read what you write, Grandpa...

I do

It was a time when the American public was considered responsible enough to police itself. And no I'm not talking about the 50's or 60's

Now the government clearly thinks Americans are too stupid to deal with shady businesses without being told what to do.

Americans are too stupid to do the right thing without the government. You can't even get people to stop at an intersection without putting up a stop sign.

I do

Nonsense.

“The government’ doesn’t ‘think’ any such thing.

In fact, there is no ‘the government,’ you sound like an uneducated putz – likely because you are.

You fail

And presumably you'd never molest a child.

That's hardly a case for not having laws against child molesting.

You fail

You're a loon
Your own OP states you would have no problem with that being done. Read what you write, Grandpa...
My op says no such thing. What it implies is that I don't need the government to tell me that a business is conducting business in an immoral way. Americans are quite capable of taking a business down if they deem it to be running improper.
You on the other hand are implying that you're not smart enough to figure it out

You fail

You're a loon
My op says no such thing. What it implies is that I don't need the government to tell me that a business is conducting business in an immoral way. Americans are quite capable of taking a business down if they deem it to be running improper.
You on the other hand are implying that you're not smart enough to figure it out
No, I am using the law to control the actions of morons, and it works.

I do

There are still signs saying 'no shirt, no shoes, no service.' Isn't that discriminatory? Our local shop doesn't allow backpacks in the store. One convenience store says no hoodies covering your face are allowed. Another restaurant doesn't want certain clothing. Of course, the left says it's racist. No more dress codes, I suppose.

And they say religious people have no right to own their own business if they intend to practice their religion. Practicing one's religion doesn't stop at work. Ask the Muslims who have to go pray several times a day, won't touch pork, won't give rides to drunks or people with dogs in their taxis and a host of other things. Muslim bakeries also refused to bake cakes, but that is okay because Islam isn't held to the same laws as others.

Yanno..................I remember a place back in 1982 that had a similar slogan, in that they reserved the right to refuse service to anyone.

Interestingly enough, they decided to refuse service to a friend of mine and myself (who were both dressed in U.S. Navy uniforms) because one of us was black.

I was able to get in, but my friend L.A. (we called him that because that's where he was from) was refused entrance because he was black.

I told the moron who was the doorman at Pott's Place in Meridian MS that we were both fighting for his country, but he said it was okay if I went in, but no "******* are allowed in here".

I never went back, and have always had a bit of a suspicion about places that said they reserve the right to refuse service.

Yanno..................I remember a place back in 1982 that had a similar slogan, in that they reserved the right to refuse service to anyone.

Interestingly enough, they decided to refuse service to a friend of mine and myself (who were both dressed in U.S. Navy uniforms) because one of us was black.

I was able to get in, but my friend L.A. (we called him that because that's where he was from) was refused entrance because he was black.

I told the moron who was the doorman at Pott's Place in Meridian MS that we were both fighting for his country, but he said it was okay if I went in, but no "******* are allowed in here".

I never went back, and have always had a bit of a suspicion about places that said they reserve the right to refuse service.

But....that's OK! Because you have the intelligence to avoid that business. Clearly......that business couldn't survive anywhere in America because we are all moral enough to stay away!

Yeah.................I did have the intelligence to avoid a place like that.

However........................

I had a different set of circumstances than what the average redneck that lived there did, and also had a bit of a different world view.

I do

Well, all of that got swallowed up by PC, so forget about it.

Yeah! Mac thinks it is OK for a business to refuse service based on race, religion or sexual orientation. Any reason at all. He's a centrist!

I do

There are still signs saying 'no shirt, no shoes, no service.' Isn't that discriminatory? Our local shop doesn't allow backpacks in the store. One convenience store says no hoodies covering your face are allowed. Another restaurant doesn't want certain clothing. Of course, the left says it's racist. No more dress codes, I suppose.

And they say religious people have no right to own their own business if they intend to practice their religion. Practicing one's religion doesn't stop at work. Ask the Muslims who have to go pray several times a day, won't touch pork, won't give rides to drunks or people with dogs in their taxis and a host of other things. Muslim bakeries also refused to bake cakes, but that is okay because Islam isn't held to the same laws as others.
Customer-Policies-Sign-NHE-9591-Black_on_White_300.gif
CL23653.jpg

Forum List

Back