Rep. Ryan (R) sells Repub voters down the river

Well, if Harry honors his promise to not gum up appropriations bills, it may not be a bad compromise for the gop. The tea party had no leverage because McConnell said there would not be any shutdown. So, if push came to shove, the Senate would have passed a bill that funded govt through the elections, and probably without any poison pills that would keep Obama from signing it. So, Ryan's options were to not even bring up a bill that didn't have TP support in his caucus, and that would have shutdown the govt, which is not good for gop potus candidates, OR compromising.

However, I put up a link to Frum's long essay on "where goest the GOP" And he suggests that the gop may accept tax cuts for the rich in exchange for perpetually losing the WH, but maintaining power in the House
The Great Republican Revolt

Here's the thing that ypou denicrats can't understand. You believe that winning is all that matters. I'm sure that Ryan and the mainstream GOP also think that way. We conservatives don't think that way. We understand the economical damage that this budget bill will cause and we know you democrats aren't smart enough to understand but when a so called Republican does it we get pissed. He should know better. We like to do the right thing even if it costs us votes.
I'm not a dem, but when your response begins with a personal insult it generally reflects you are not a serious person. But, you never responded substantively, which is not surprising.

But what should Ryan have done, and what would have been the likely political, or budgetary outcomes?

But I did respond....to the post that actually asked a question.

Ryan most certainly sold the GOP down the river.

In so doing, he also sold the country down the river.
What was his option?

Shoot it down, make them do it over, fix it! Balance the budget. There were lots of options.
Your answer is my way or the highway, and neither McConnell nor Obama would have any of it. So, the reality is "shut er down." That's not really an option for the gop if it wants to retain the senate and have any hope of the potus.

So, I assumed it was a non-answer.

He :up: made a deal w/ Sen Reid
user603505_pic42899_1255115865.gif

Yahoo

Fresh off a nearly $2 trillion government-funding and tax-cuts deal, both Ryan and Reid are sounding a rare note of cooperation in the midst of a highly partisan presidential election cycle.

:banana:
Since you hate Ryan, and you hate the GOP, this news must make you feel terrific. So now do you think Ryan is one of the sane voices in the GOP?
ummm..... he's a life-long Washington- insider. You tell me Scooter.

He :up: made a deal w/ Sen Reid
user603505_pic42899_1255115865.gif

Yahoo

:banana:
Since you hate Ryan, and you hate the GOP, this news must make you feel terrific. So now do you think Ryan is one of the sane voices in the GOP?
I'm surprised you're not putting out kindling by a stake with Ryan's name on it.
Im surprised you can still type in a straitjacket.
you so clever. Moving to Israel soon?
Translation: Pwned again.
Now go fuck yourself and leave the adults to talk.
Sooo..... no answer. Typical from you deflection boi

I'm surprised you're not putting out kindling by a stake with Ryan's name on it.
LOL. You can't even respond to the thread beyond a personal insult, and then insulted in return, you claim victory. How bibish fake rabbi.
he should change his name to FAKE The Rabbi

Last edited:
LOL. You can't even respond to the thread beyond a personal insult, and then insulted in return, you claim victory. How bibish fake rabbi.
he should change his name ti FAKE The Rabbi
And you to DOT BOMB because your posts bomb so often.

Forum List

Back