Republican Elon Musk apologizes for mocking disabled employee

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
What's with these Republicans mocking disabled people? By the way, Musk will do it again.

Sorry, but saying someone did not work, if true, is not mocking the disability. It is mocking the work ethic. Since the OP doesn't know if the statement is true or not, his premise is lacking. People without disabilities get fired all the time if they don't do the work.

You must be as disabled as rotten vegetable in a dumpster to let that silly shit be important to you.

Are you a shut-in? Do you shit through a straw?

It's not important, it's just noteworthy. For someone who's apparently so "self-made", "successful," and "brilliant" like Elon Musk, why does he have to go to such depths and engage in a public spat like this - especially one that makes him the undisputed douchebag of the universe?

It's indescribable how he is basically lighting his reputation as a calculating, cunning businessman on fire. But hey, you do you, Elon.

Sorry, but saying someone did not work, if true, is not mocking the disability. It is mocking the work ethic. Since the OP doesn't know if the statement is true or not, his premise is lacking. People without disabilities get fired all the time if they don't do the work.

Basically, Elon lied and tried to tarnish this guy's reputation - that's the issue.

A smarter, more mature billionaire would have kept his mouth shut.

What's with these Republicans mocking disabled people? By the way, Musk will do it again.
How did you go from singular to plural? Republican to These Republicans? Rather than your thread trying to deliver a news story on Musk, it's simply just highlighted your agenda.

The man said he was sorry. I don't think he will ever do it again.

Oh the humanities.....

electric-trump.gif

Basically, Elon lied and tried to tarnish this guy's reputation - that's the issue.

A smarter, more mature billionaire would have kept his mouth shut.
So how long did you work there with this guy to know his work ethic? Of course you didn't and choose to believe him because it fits your partisan bent. I stand by what I said and you have said nothing to refute it.

It's not important, it's just noteworthy. For someone who's apparently so "self-made", "successful," and "brilliant" like Elon Musk, why does he have to go to such depths and engage in a public spat like this - especially one that makes him the undisputed douchebag of the universe?

It's indescribable how he is basically lighting his reputation as a calculating, cunning businessman on fire. But hey, you do you, Elon.
Would you like to talk about the lies and censorship that prompted Musk to act?

They learned from Obama when he said he bowled like a special Olympics kid.

So how long did you work there with this guy to know his work ethic? Of course you didn't and choose to believe him because it fits your partisan bent. I stand by what I said and you have said nothing to refute it.
Get bent.

Elon had to eat his words.

No "reasonable doubt" remains.

He should spend one minute thinking before two minutes tweeting.

So how long did you work there with this guy to know his work ethic?

How long did Musk observe his work ethic?

Look, it's Musk's company. Provided he operates within the law, he's free to hire and fire as he pleases, but he can choose not to be a dick about it.

Of course you didn't and choose to believe him because it fits your partisan bent.

I actually used to be an Elon fanboy, but he's just being dumb and obnoxious lately. He's also ruining what has been a valuable platform for discourse, slowly but surely. The firings he had to do - the company was bleeding money and headed toward insolvency. But again, there are better ways to revolutionize twitter than how he's done it.

I stand by what I said and you have said nothing to refute it.

Fine. You do you.

How long did Musk observe his work ethic?

Look, it's Musk's company. Provided he operates within the law, he's free to hire and fire as he pleases, but he can choose not to be a dick about it.

I actually used to be an Elon fanboy, but he's just being dumb and obnoxious lately. He's also ruining what has been a valuable platform for discourse, slowly but surely. The firings he had to do - the company was bleeding money and headed toward insolvency. But again, there are better ways to revolutionize twitter than how he's done it.

Fine. You do you.
Will do. You still haven't refuted it so you do you too.
My point isn't that Musk should be free to mock the disabled, only that, for those who weren't actually there, none can know what actually happened. Righties will choose to think he mocked his poor work ethic and lefties will choose to think he mocked his disability. The mocking in itself is bad not the target, but neither side will recognize that.

Last edited:
I read the tweet, it looked more like he was questioning the guys work output and if he was using his disability to get over.

Forum List

Back