Revealed: Immigration official BLOCKED HSI agents from seizing San Bernadino gun supplier

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
This is the type of insanity one can't even conceive of. And she is facing no punishment. NONE. Zip. Nada. Just reassigned.

"An immigration official stopped Homeland Security agents from arresting the alleged gun supplier of the San Bernardino terrorists the day after the attack and then lied about it to department investigators.

Irene Martin prevented armed officers from detaining Enrique Marquez who was scheduled to be interviewed alongside his Russian wife Mariya Chernyk, a government report has stated.

He was being questioned after his friends Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, killed 14 people at an office Christmas party.

When the FBI learned Marquez had allegedly supplied the guns, they sent a team from the Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) unit to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office where they were being questioned.

But Martin allegedly refused to allow the officers to get to Marquez and delayed them when they were given permission."

Worse yet. She knew about the gun connection and was protecting the suspect. I want to bazooka barf.

"The report continues: 'Here, the agents were justifiably concerned that Marquez and Chernykh may pose a threat to the occupants and visitors of the USCIS facility.

'Less than 24 hours before, individuals associated with the couple had committed an atrocity on an unthinkable scale against unarmed innocents; at the time of HSI’s visit to USCIS, Marquez and Chernykh’s intentions were unknown.

'In fact, HSI’s suspicions were ultimately shown to have merit: Marquez was subsequently charged with a number of terrorism-related offenses, including having plotted with Syed Rizwan Farook to conduct other attacks, and was later ordered detained by a federal magistrate pending trial as a danger to the community."

Read more: Immigration official BLOCKED agents from seeing San Bernardino suspect
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

oh gee tiny-----I am innocently sitting here----
I did not eat today until this evening----and NOW I READ THIS INFORMATION------and am trying not to vomit

I fail to see the problem, both agencies belong to DHS.

Go figure. She stalled them to protect the gun seller. Then lied to her superiors.

"Martin then went into the room and told the agents they could not 'arrest, detain, or interview anyone in the building based on USCIS policy, and that she would need to obtain guidance from her superior before allowing them access.'

The report goes on: 'When interviewed by OIG, the Field Office Director denied telling the agents they were not allowed to arrest, detain, or interview anyone in the building.

'However, her account is contradicted by that of the other HSI agents present.'"

Read more: Immigration official BLOCKED agents from seeing San Bernardino suspect

oh gee tiny-----I am innocently sitting here----
I did not eat today until this evening----and NOW I READ THIS INFORMATION------and am trying not to vomit

Sorry about that. It's just unreal that she was lying to protect the San Bernadino gun seller who was there on the spot less than 24 hours after 14 had been murdered and she didn't even give a lick that any of her co workers could be in danger.

I know. I know. Just typing that I want to bazooka barf.

I fail to see the problem, both agencies belong to DHS.

Go figure. She stalled them to protect the gun seller. Then lied to her superiors.

"Martin then went into the room and told the agents they could not 'arrest, detain, or interview anyone in the building based on USCIS policy, and that she would need to obtain guidance from her superior before allowing them access.'

The report goes on: 'When interviewed by OIG, the Field Office Director denied telling the agents they were not allowed to arrest, detain, or interview anyone in the building.

'However, her account is contradicted by that of the other HSI agents present.'"

In the end she protected no one. A little turf skirmish between two federal agencies, HOLD THE FREAKING PRESSES, that's never happened before, right? The asshole is gonna get what's coming, so I'm not going to sweat the small stuff.

Forum List

Back