Revealed: NSA program collects 'nearly everything a user does on the internet'

the crime is on the govt.

Yes you are right, but the 10 year prison sentence for cyber-crime only applies if it is committed on American Soil, the processing center is not committing a crime, the info was retrieved elsewhere ............... Ill narrow it down for you.
Places where no cyber-crime laws exist.
Russia ( depends on what you are doing )
South Africa ( certain regions )
The entire Ocean ( sky is the limit as to what you can do and get away with )

So the information hacking/cyber-crime is happening somewhere above, you figure that out, and you win, you just block the entire IP range and no more access from there.
Block the entire IP range of South Africa.
Block the entire IP range of Satellite internet.
Block the entire IP range of Russia.

Now you have protected yourself from lawless spying and hacking, so now if you are hacked by anyone including the government, they will need a warrant, or the individuals will face 10 years in prison ..................... good luck hunting.

They are COLLECTING EVERYTHING, so they can go back at look at YOUR STUFF if you become enough of a suspect that they can go to the FISA court and get a warrant to look at it. Which is a helluva lot more than Darth Cheney and the Bushrats needed to render and torture your azz lol...

The private sector does that too.

Uses it for adverts.

That bother you as well? It's another way public funds get funneled into private hands.

So what you're saying is that Amazon or Facebook, which are only able to collect my data by my willingly using their software, and which I may stop using at any time I'd like, is comparable to the NSA collecting the data on every single website I visit, reading the content and metadata of all my emails, and any chat I may happen to take part in without my consent? I don't think so.

Actually, yes.

You can stop using the internet and wireless communications as well to avoid perceived government surveillance.

The ‘argument’ that you ‘have’ to use the internet and wireless communications in the 21st Century, that it’s impossible to survive without doing so is not valid.

And the NSA collecting the data on every single website you visit, reading the content and metadata of all your emails, and any chat you may happen to take part in without your consent is legal and Constitutional because you have no expectation of privacy with regard to these communications once that information is provided to a private third party, such as an ISP or wireless phone company.

Moreover, because the data are not collected pursuant to a criminal investigation or prosecution, there are no 4th Amendment search and seizure issues in play. That you ‘feel’ the government ‘might’ use the information against you at some point and in some nefarious manner in the future is not Constitutionally valid, and not grounds for making a 4th Amendment right to privacy violation claim in Federal court. See: Clapper v. Amnesty International (2013).

I seriously can't wait until we Restore the Rule of Law, all these little commie bastards will flee just like the Nazis did from Germany. And yeah, we'll know who you all are, since we'll use the NSA cathedral in Utah against you once we capture it.

So what?

It's the price you pay for perversion, terrrorism and using the internet. Unless the information is being used dishonorably or I'm doing something I shouldn't, I don't have a problem with it.

CONSIDER THIS

It doesn't occur to you that, on a simple scale, this can be used to blackmail Congressmen and judges, and even the President of the United States, since so many foreign corporations have access to the information, and the highest bidder, for particular information, may use it to control the political leaders of entire nations?

Now, let's go one step further, such rogue and hostile foreign corporations could then use this information in order to determine which law enforcement officers disapproved the direction the Government was going, therefore they could find many subtle ways to make them quit (voluntarily), such as lack of working hours, layoffs, and other burdensome cap?

Now, let's take it a little further yet: They simply plan evidence on certain groups, then use their General Search Warrant powers (whose British Crown abuse inspired the Fourth Amendment to begin with) to arrest all of these groups. Even though the groups claimed the evidence was forged, the judge, jury and analysts are all blackmailed, not wanting their spouse to know of an affair, or another child, or their drinking habits, or w/'e the fuck.

CONSIDER THIS

So what you're saying is that Amazon or Facebook, which are only able to collect my data by my willingly using their software, and which I may stop using at any time I'd like, is comparable to the NSA collecting the data on every single website I visit, reading the content and metadata of all my emails, and any chat I may happen to take part in without my consent? I don't think so.

Actually, yes.

You can stop using the internet and wireless communications as well to avoid perceived government surveillance.

The ‘argument’ that you ‘have’ to use the internet and wireless communications in the 21st Century, that it’s impossible to survive without doing so is not valid.

And the NSA collecting the data on every single website you visit, reading the content and metadata of all your emails, and any chat you may happen to take part in without your consent is legal and Constitutional because you have no expectation of privacy with regard to these communications once that information is provided to a private third party, such as an ISP or wireless phone company.

Moreover, because the data are not collected pursuant to a criminal investigation or prosecution, there are no 4th Amendment search and seizure issues in play. That you ‘feel’ the government ‘might’ use the information against you at some point and in some nefarious manner in the future is not Constitutionally valid, and not grounds for making a 4th Amendment right to privacy violation claim in Federal court. See: Clapper v. Amnesty International (2013).

What's disturbing is that you are serious.

It has nothing to do with whether one is ‘serious’ or not, these are the current facts of law concerning the issue – my personal opinion on the subject is legally irrelevant, as is yours. Consequently, whining about the surveillance programs being ‘illegal’ or ‘un-Constitutional is ignorant and pointless.

There’ll be no resolution of this in the courts, this can only be changed via the political process.

Actually, yes.

Sigh clay....its only legal because of the bill they passed. It doesnt make it right nor constitutional.

All acts of Congress are presumed Constitutional until a Federal court rules otherwise.

If citizens believe these laws are ‘wrong’ then, again, they need to demand their repeal via the political process.

Meanwhile, the surveillance programs remain both legal and Constitutional.

Frankly, it can be argued citizens have little justification complaining about ‘illegal’ and ‘un-Constitutional’ surveillance programs. It’s naïve, uninformed, and simplistic to ‘blame’ the big, bad, evil government when in fact it’s the citizens themselves who are to blame.

However much a trite cliché, this ancient truism of American politics is nonetheless perfectly applicable:

“We have met the enemy, and he is us…”

Actually, yes.

Sigh clay....its only legal because of the bill they passed. It doesnt make it right nor constitutional.

All acts of Congress are presumed Constitutional until a Federal court rules otherwise.

If citizens believe these laws are ‘wrong’ then, again, they need to demand their repeal via the political process.

NO. This is where you, despite all your pompous blustering about case law, really don't understand the fundamental tenets of constitutionally limited government and representative democracy. The entire point of constraining government to limited powers (in a democracy) is to prevent unlimited majority rule. No one should ever be required summon a majority of their fellow voters to defend their rights. That's the entire point of the concept of "rights". They're not negotiable. They're not subject to the whim of the majority.

QUOTE]

NO. This is where you, despite all your pompous blustering about case law, really don't understand the fundamental tenets of constitutionally limited government and representative democracy. The entire point of constraining government to limited powers (in a democracy) is to prevent unlimited majority rule. No one should ever be required summon a majority of their fellow voters to defend their rights. That's the entire point of the concept of "rights". They're not negotiable. They're not subject to the whim of the majority.[/QUOTE]

It's not about maj rule, but rule of law. A law that is legally enacted is legal until a court holds otherwise, and then it's unenforceable. It's irrelevant that a maj or minority support it.

NSA snooping for security is legal, like it or not. But if it's used for drug busts .... we got a different animal.

Exclusive: U.S. directs agents to cover up program used to investigate Americans | Reuters

Forum List

Back