Rightwing Christians Will Become Increasingly Marginalized

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Religious cons decided that they had to win elections, while educated people decided to win the culture.

Today America travails the other direction further from the rightwing christian gods. The religiously unaffiliated have increased to one fifth of the electorate and one third of twenty-somethings. America grows increasingly secular and pluralistic. Rightwing christian "morality" will be more and more mocked and marginalized.

Religion in general has become marginalized in the US last several years. Have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, religion shouldn't be meddling with politics and the law, but on the other by and large religious people are good and trying to do good so the mocking and deriding is overly harsh.

Line from one of the Star Wars paraody episodes of Family Guy comes to mind when "Luke" says "May the force be with you" and Brian as Chewbacca replies, "Oh geez there he goes again. Keep it in church man!" :) While it'd be great if religious people kept it in church more, a lot of the time religious expression isn't negative just because it's religious. And the way we react to people expressing some religious idea is unfairly critical.

While I certainly don't like what religion's done to God, I recognize that most religious people are sincere and genuine and trying to do the right thing. But they're stuck in a religion that's more about power and personal glory than glorifying God. Then there's those who merely use religion as a cover to get ahead. If you really believe in God the things you do and say will reflect that because you'll be deathy afraid of pissing him off. Unfortunately, I don't see this most of the time.

whatever. ALL you haters can have many as many wet dreams as you need

Problem is though, most of our immigrants are deeply religious. That becomes a problem in the future. As a progressive, I urge caution in trying to cheer their demise. We are seeing in Europe that religion and a far right ideology don't necessarily go together.

what rightly is becoming marginalized are the written documents "scriptures" that when brought to light are misinterpretations of truth and not supportable by truly religious people.

Problem is though, most of our immigrants are deeply religious. That becomes a problem in the future. As a progressive, I urge caution in trying to cheer their demise. We are seeing in Europe that religion and a far right ideology don't necessarily go together.
most of our immigrants are deeply religious.

So they are rightwing bible thumpers?

Oh it'll get better than that. Open season on killing Christians is on the horizon. How many of you will stand and cheer and wave your equal rights flags? Stand up and be counted!

Religious cons decided that they had to win elections, while educated people decided to win the culture.

Today America travails the other direction further from the rightwing christian gods. The religiously unaffiliated have increased to one fifth of the electorate and one third of twenty-somethings. America grows increasingly secular and pluralistic. Rightwing christian "morality" will be more and more mocked and marginalized.

Well I wouldn't get too excited Guno. While it is certainly true that non-theists are growing in number, you still have a LONG way to go before getting rid of us completely. According to Gallup's 2014 poll, 80% of respondents described themselves as having some sort of religious beliefs. 72% of respondents reported as Christian (Catholic, Protestant, Christian non-specific, or Mormon) and 56% said their religion was "very important" in their lives. The latter statistic has remained remarkably stable over the last decade.

For those, and apparently you are one of them, who hate religion and wish to wipe it out, I wouldn't be taking any victory laps just yet.

Religion Gallup Historical Trends

No but that's the point. Remember the DNC convention in 2012 where they were deciding whether to keep God in the platform? It was a huge deal for Hispanics. Pushing too hard or constantly referring to religion as nutty, is going to push people away.

No but that's the point. Remember the DNC convention in 2012 where they were deciding whether to keep God in the platform? It was a huge deal for Hispanics. Pushing too hard or constantly referring to religion as nutty, is going to push people away.

Aint that the ever-loving truth. As a moderate Republican I was so disappointed when they back-tracked on that. I was just salivating about all those religious Democrats, especially the Hispanic community, walking straight across the aisle. I had one hell of a smile on my face before they flip-flopped the very next day.

Well I wouldn't get too excited Guno. While it is certainly true that non-theists are growing in number, you still have a LONG way to go before getting rid of us completely. According to Gallup's 2014 poll, 80% of respondents described themselves as having some sort of religious beliefs. 72% of respondents reported as Christian (Catholic, Protestant, Christian non-specific, or Mormon) and 56% said their religion was "very important" in their lives. The latter statistic has remained remarkably stable over the last decade.

For those, and apparently you are one of them, who hate religion and wish to wipe it out, I wouldn't be taking any victory laps just yet.

While it is certainly true that non-theists are growing in number, you still have a LONG way to go before getting rid of us completely. According to Gallup's 2014 poll, 80% of respondents described themselves as having some sort of religious beliefs.

th

"you still have a LONG way to go before getting rid of us completely".

something the majority has always relished throughout history ... grudgingly.

While it is certainly true that non-theists are growing in number, you still have a LONG way to go before getting rid of us completely. According to Gallup's 2014 poll, 80% of respondents described themselves as having some sort of religious beliefs.

th

Well these days, I don't think it is Christians that are throwing atheists on the proverbial fire. I think it tends to be the other way around right now.

Guno, you are going to have to kill us before we will stop working for the good of our nation.

th

Well these days, I don't think it is Christians that are throwing atheists on the proverbial fire. I think it tends to be the other way around right now.
Well these days, I don't think it is Christians that are throwing atheists on the proverbial fire.

what makes you think the gal was an atheist or that christians have ever represented Spiritual enlightenment, clinging to their baseless scriptures.

in fact the gal represents the same Crucifixion from an earlier time and a similar Spiritualist.

Oh it'll get better than that. Open season on killing Christians is on the horizon. How many of you will stand and cheer and wave your equal rights flags? Stand up and be counted!

Typical christian paranoia

guno, your disbelief in God puts you in a tiny minority. If you want examples of countries where atheism is the majority belief, look at Russia or China. Would you want to live in either of these countries?

Forum List

Back