Gateway Pundit Declares Bankruptcy

Perhaps this will make it more palatable?

US far-right conspiracy website Gateway Pundit is filing for bankruptcy, its founder said Wednesday, as it battles a string of lawsuits alleging it promoted misinformation related to the 2020 election.

Parent company TGP Communications is seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Florida, founder Jim Hoft said in a note to readers, blaming "progressive liberal" lawsuits.
That don't bother me a bit as I never use them as a source.....Do Breitbart next, I never use their breathless BS as a source either. Oh, and can you do something with Hannity?......That would be great.

Still and all Huff & Puff smells of Menhaden.

As I've said many times, anyone who read The Gateway Pundit deserves to be lied to.

I wonder where the deluded rubes will turn to next for their disinformation.

RT?

The Washington Times?

How in the hell does MSNBC avoid lawsuits? Or The View?

In fact, every media outlet that declares that Trump was a Russian agent should be belly up, no? Every one of them should be paying Trumps grandkids for years the way they besmirched and decided he was an enemy of the state. The guy elected to the WH.

No wonder China is winning. Only an idiot with a pea-sized brain doesn't see the clear hypocrisy and double standard. Clearly only wealthy alt-left donors spend the money to hire lawyers to pursue these businesses. You know, the last people on earth who would pick up a gun and fight for freedom are the first to sue regarding Free Speech? Those brave men...

Literally on Chinese news outlets CCTV, the ONLY network they show clips from is MSNBC. Consider that for a moment. They are so lock-step with the CCP that they are quoted as a great source of propaganda for their state run media. Repeatedly. Every time.

From this to the Red Star Trials in New York, no wonder the youth yell "death to America" and wearing a star of David is a life risking decision in some corners.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

"Don't lie as much".

They have an exponentially larger audience and have called Trump, the president at the time, a Russian Agent.

That is beyond just lying, that is slander of an entire country. Americans are too divided in some imaginary camp that they trample each other to be the first to watch the propaganda.

If I was a wealthy alt-left donor I would be laughing my ass off. Partly our of my own guilt and shame of actually taking candy from a baby.

You can almost be guaranteed that there is going to be a day in which America and the West are going to pay a steep price for the rabid hatred of those who stand up for American principles. MSNBC has to be the most dishonest, least patriotic network in America.

Here is the difference comrade. Check out the double standard.; Of course, cleared in California courts. The irony, considering I could do a quantitative study if I had the time to illustrate just how many instances CCTV, Chinese run media shows MSNBC quotes.

Rachel Maddow & MSNBC Beat One America News Network Again In $10M Defamation Battle​

Reaffirming the decision by a San Diego-based U.S. District Court last year to toss out the conservative outlet’s $10 million defamation lawsuit against Maddow and MSNBC, a trio of appeal court judges has advised the Robert Herring Sr.-founded OAN to chill the hell out.

“Turning to the merits, the panel held that Maddow’s statement was well within the bounds of what qualified as protected speech under the First Amendment,” said the summary of the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit’s opinion on Tuesday of Maddow’s July 2019 quip that OAN was “the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda.”

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell declares Trump a 'Russian operative' with Putin as 'running mate'​

Will Rachel Maddow face a reckoning over her Trump-Russia coverage?​

A very bad day for Rudy Giuliani is a very good day for America​

Ignorant and wrong.

GP is filing bankruptcy the consequence of defamation lawsuits, having nothing to do with the site’s general practice of spreading conspiracy theories, disinformation, and lies – indeed, GP remains at liberty to do so.

How in the hell does MSNBC avoid lawsuits? Or The View?

In fact, every media outlet that declares that Trump was a Russian agent should be belly up, no? Every one of them should be paying Trumps grandkids for years the way they besmirched and decided he was an enemy of the state. The guy elected to the WH.

No wonder China is winning. Only an idiot with a pea-sized brain doesn't see the clear hypocrisy and double standard. Clearly only wealthy alt-left donors spend the money to hire lawyers to pursue these businesses. You know, the last people on earth who would pick up a gun and fight for freedom are the first to sue regarding Free Speech? Those brave men...

Literally on Chinese news outlets CCTV, the ONLY network they show clips from is MSNBC. Consider that for a moment. They are so lock-step with the CCP that they are quoted as a great source of propaganda for their state run media. Repeatedly. Every time.

From this to the Red Star Trials in New York, no wonder the youth yell "death to America" and wearing a star of David is a life risking decision in some corners.
They have facts on their side, or they would be sued.

THAT should tell you something about the other guys who were sued and lost....they intentionally made up their accusations and lies....it wasn't a mistake.

They have facts on their side, or they would be sued.

THAT should tell you something about the other guys who were sued and lost....they intentionally made up their accusations and lies....it wasn't a mistake.
FAFO.

...because we all know that there were no Leftist conspiracies to steal the 2020 election.

Just like there are no conspiracies afoot to steal the 2024 election by - I don't know - removing a candidate from the ballot whom more than a hundred million American voters would like to vote for...

...while they constantly claim that THE OTHER SIDE is a "threat to democracy."

...because we all know that there were no Leftist conspiracies to steal the 2020 election.

Just like there are no conspiracies afoot to steal the 2024 election by - I don't know - removing a candidate from the ballot whom more than a hundred million American voters would like to vote for...

...while they constantly claim that THE OTHER SIDE is a "threat to democracy."
If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.

1714055486179.png

Gateway Pundit to file for bankruptcy amid election conspiracy lawsuits

Gateway Pundit, the popular far-right blog, is filing for bankruptcy as it faces lawsuits alleging it promoted bogus claims about the 2020 election, its founder announced Wednesday — though he vowed to continue publishing.

Since its launch in 2004, the site has become a prolific clearinghouse for conspiracy theories about the election, school shootings, and other topics, helping to funnel such flimsy stories from the fringes of the internet to the broader pro-Trump right thanks to its substantial audience.

But all those conspiracy theories have had a cost for Jim Hoft, the Missouri blogger who founded Gateway Pundit. In a message on the site, Hoft said its parent company would file for bankruptcy because it was under attack from “progressive liberal” lawsuits. Hoft said the bankruptcy filing would help “consolidate” the lawsuits.

The bankruptcy filing wasn’t immediately available, and Hoft did not respond to a request for comment.

While he didn’t name which lawsuits he was referencing, the site is being sued for claims of defamation and infliction of emotional distress by Ruby Freeman and Wandrea Moss, two Georgia election workers who say they faced threats after the site leveled baseless accusations of ballot fraud against them.

Despite the site’s apparent financial jeopardy, Hoft seemed determined to continue publishing in some form, writing that he would “not be deterred” from his work at what he called one of the country’s “most trusted independent media outlets.”

What’s strange is the MSM lies all the time, but they never face any consequences. They lie for the benefit of the establishment and state, so I guess they’re protected.

What a great country!

View attachment 937517

Gateway Pundit to file for bankruptcy amid election conspiracy lawsuits

Gateway Pundit, the popular far-right blog, is filing for bankruptcy as it faces lawsuits alleging it promoted bogus claims about the 2020 election, its founder announced Wednesday — though he vowed to continue publishing.

Since its launch in 2004, the site has become a prolific clearinghouse for conspiracy theories about the election, school shootings, and other topics, helping to funnel such flimsy stories from the fringes of the internet to the broader pro-Trump right thanks to its substantial audience.

But all those conspiracy theories have had a cost for Jim Hoft, the Missouri blogger who founded Gateway Pundit. In a message on the site, Hoft said its parent company would file for bankruptcy because it was under attack from “progressive liberal” lawsuits. Hoft said the bankruptcy filing would help “consolidate” the lawsuits.

The bankruptcy filing wasn’t immediately available, and Hoft did not respond to a request for comment.

While he didn’t name which lawsuits he was referencing, the site is being sued for claims of defamation and infliction of emotional distress by Ruby Freeman and Wandrea Moss, two Georgia election workers who say they faced threats after the site leveled baseless accusations of ballot fraud against them.

Despite the site’s apparent financial jeopardy, Hoft seemed determined to continue publishing in some form, writing that he would “not be deterred” from his work at what he called one of the country’s “most trusted independent media outlets.”
Can they file for bankruptcy proactively to protect from potential liabilities?

I didn't think that was a thing.

This sounds like the beginning of the death of truth in America. What'll be next? Will liberals look to replace the Gateway Pundit with a publication run by Christopher Steel? MAGA

Forum List

Back