Roberts Liardon - God's General

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I remember meeting Roberts Liardon for the first time over twenty years ago at a Mighty Warriors Conference in Fla. back in 89'. He was asked to lead in prayer. In all my life I have never heard anyone pray with such power before or since then. He was so full of the power of the Holy Ghost he literally changed the atmosphere in the room - as if he took it to the throne room. His voice was booming. He'd break into a laughter that sounded like war. There was an authority in his voice that shook the gates of hell. I thought this guy reminds me of Clark Kent! Only he's got the real power! ( The Holy Ghost ) It was wonderful to be in the same room with him. He was a no nonsense kind of guy. I remember him telling a story about going to a church and the Holy Ghost told him not to give anything. He didn't. He told the people, God can tell you not to give just as he can tell you to give! So be led by the Spirit! I loved that about Roberts. You never knew what he was going to say. No one controlled him.

Roberts Liardon was raised by his grandmother. She was a prayer warrior so she taught him to pray as a young boy. He would pray with her every day, while other kids were playing baseball this young man was seeking heaven and by 8 yrs old? He had the wisdom of a bible scholar 10 xs his age!

He ended up teaching students at Oral Roberts University by the time he was ten years old I'm told. I thought he was 12 but 10 yrs old is probably right. He got started young. I remember Roberts talking about going in his room as a young man and praying for 3 days until he had a powerful encounter with God. It is in one of his books about Spiritual Power.
He also did a series on Gods Generals which is quite good. If anyone could teach on Spiritual authority and powers it was Roberts Liardon. I don't know what he is doing now but I still pray for him. He is a very precious person.

Roberts Liardon God's Generals The Price of Spiritual Powers

Here is a link I found for his new website.

Dr. Roberts Liardon Ministries - Pentecostal Spiritual Leader, Church Historian and Humanitarian

If you look at his audio links on this website - check out the one titled - "Don't Neglect Your Inner Man".. you can hear him speaking on that video - that is the first time I have heard his voice in many years! I'm glad I thought of him this morning! What you will notice about Roberts Liardon is he is full on attack with the enemy but with humans he is a very tender hearted man who takes on almost a fatherly tone with his listeners. He is still young but so was Timothy! Imagine how the adult students at ORU felt being taught by a child about the spirit realm and how to operate in spiritual power! lol..

Last edited:
http://robertsliardon.org/ministries/yielding-to-the-holy-spirt/

...... this is Roberts Liardon talking about his life. His picture reminds me of how much he favors the actor who played Clark Kent / Superman. God has a sense of humor, doesn't He?

I used to ride on the coat tail of my Grandmother’s spirit. I knew that whenever she moved into the glory world, those goose bumps would pop up on me as well. I knew that if I stayed close enough to her, she could “piggyback” me into the realm of the spirit. But one day, God said, “Now it is your fight. Now you will be held accountable for your own spirit.”

When that release came, I began to realize what my Grandma had kept me from. I began to realize the protection she had been to me. Until that time, my mind had never been confused. I had never known what it was to be tormented by evil spirits because she kept them away from me.

I can remember times when I came home from school as a youngster, and Grandma would abruptly stop me and pray for me before I barely got my nose inside the front door! She saw into the realm of the spirit and saw when I had demonic spirits hovering over me. Thank God for Grandma!

The day came when I had to learn to pray and get into the realm of the spirit for myself. I began to realize that no person or ministry would ever succeed because of a great education, financial success, or connections made by man. These things do not entice the anointing of God to fall upon you because the Holy Spirit causes the anointing to fall as He wills, never as man wills. The Holy Spirit never takes direc*tions from man.

God’s anointing comes upon yielded vessels—vessels who totally submit and surrender to the Spirit of God. I had to learn to yield to the Holy Spirit; and as I did, the anointing upon me became stronger. I have learned that yielding to the Holy Spirit and living in the realm of the spirit are progres*sive. As we mature in Christ, we can yield more fully to the Holy Spirit and live in that realm.

The only way to stay in the realm of the spirit is to spend time alone with God. During the first year that I walked my bedroom floor praying and weeping before God, I would look out the window and see my friends playing baseball. My flesh would say, You’re not accomplishing a thing! Go play Baseball with your friends. You are not even getting a single goose bump, Roberts! (That is the kind of encouragement I received from my mind.)

The truth of the matter is that I did not receive even one goose bump for more than a year! I felt nothing. There was absolutely no response from heaven for more than a year. If most people do not hear from heaven within five minutes, they are ready to give up, quit praying, and start confessing, hoping that will bring immediate results.

Some people get into trouble because they are looking for feelings or because they are seeking the approval of men. You cannot go by feelings or men’s approval. The quality of your time spent with God is not based on goose bumps or feelings. Spending time in prayer develops a spiritual maturity which gives you a spiritual confidence—a supernatural knowing that you are doing something worthwhile.

My friends, confession will not work unless it is enforced with prayer. You can confess until you are blue in the face, but unless your prayer life is up to par, your confession will not avail.

I knew, however, that if I persisted with God, He would finally show up. My attitude was this: l am going to walk this bedroom floor until God shows up or I die!

Some of you need that kind of persistence to get hold of God. Some of you need old-time Pentecostal persistence that will cause you to pray all night until heaven hits earth. Dead, dried-up religion is not worth a thing. Religion kills the spirit and causes the flesh to prevail.

Criticism and persecution will come as you begin to separate yourself unto God, but you have got to get into the realm of the spirit where you belong. You have to get under the shadow of the Almighty and stay there. You have to get to the place where the winds of God will overshadow you and will carry you.

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.”

Isaiah 54:17

When I was a teenager, I talked to God as I walked down the school hallways. I was not concerned about what others thought of me. I was not concerned about a social life or sports. I wanted more of God, and I did not care what it cost me to have a relationship with Him. I have to admit that some of the persecution bothered me at first, because my flesh was not completely dead yet. But I learned not to bow to the opinions of others, but to go with God. I knew that God would keep me and take care of me, because I was seeking Him first above all these other things that the world deemed important. God was most important to me.

At times, I would pray all night. Some people may say, “Oh, you are just exaggerating.” No! That is the way it was. I was persistent. After more than a year of praying, I walked into my bedroom one day and felt the presence of God. When you have walked your floor for that long with absolutely no feelings, you will come to recognize that it is God when you sense the power of His presence. I went for two or three months longer without any further response from God. I kept knocking on heavens door to see if someone would answer.

One day, when I walked into my bedroom and shut the door, God spoke to me, saying, “Here I am. Seek no more. I have come to hear from you.” When He said that, the power of God filled my room so intensely that I was thrown across the floor. All that night I shook under the mighty power of God. This is the type of experience people are seeking. They are seeking the real because they have had enough of the counterfeit. They are looking for God to show up and say, “Here I am.”

When God says that, He means, “I will be with you. I will go beside you. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will heal through you. I will speak through you. I will bless people through you.”

Not too many people have paid the price to get God to visit, but He is no respecter of persons. What He did for me, He will do for you. People try to get a visitation from God through great head knowledge. They try to reach God through money or popularity. But God is not influenced by any of these things. He is simply looking for ordinary, yielded vessels. You can be that yielded vessel. All it takes is dying to your flesh and learning to walk in the Spirit.

Last edited:
Ever heard of a prodigy? Similar. It's a God given talent / anointing. When you know more than people 10 xs your age you're entitled to it. Roberts qualifies.

Last edited:
Ever heard of a prodigy? Similar. It's a God given talent / anointing. When you know more than people 10 xs your age you're entitled to it. Roberts qualifies.

Because he declares boldly what no other can verify.
Low bar to hurdle for a prodigy.
If I knew someone 10x my age I would be talking to Noah.
LOL!

You really cannot condemn him without hearing what he has to say. Of course some have tried but he's still standing. I don't judge people by their age. Josiah was a King at the age of 8. You stated you used to be a Pastor so I believe you would recall that bit of history?

Forum List

Back