ROFLMAO, Kellog's Reports $53 Million in Losses After Banning all its Ads on Breitbart

Correlation is not causation
Yeah, the good Bishop Berkeley made a similar argument centuries ago, but a good kick to any stone laying on the ground suggests otherwise.

When A almost always precedes B, more likely than not it is causation of some form.

While correlation does not prove causation necessarily, Causation always has correlation and correlation is a good indicator of where to start looking for causation.

No scientist ever said that looking for a cause should start with things one NEVER finds correlating with the effect.

In the case of the Breitbart ads, though, there doesn't even seem to be much correlation. Kelloggs dropped their Breitbart ads in November of 2016. According to the chart on Breitbart, in Nov. Kelloggs saw a brief jump in (sales? profits? market share? the chart doesn't specify) and then a brief drop, before leveling out into the slow decline it was already on. Did the company get a small bump from dropping the ads? Did it get a small drop? Did it get both? Did it have no effect? There's very little information there to go on.

What I've seen is that Kelloggs has been on a downward trend for profits since sometime in 2014. I haven't seen anything to indicate what effect stopping their advertising on Breitbart may have had, if any.
I just want to comment that you seem to be a liberal, a classic liberal, and I appreciate your rational response and discussion, though I tend to disagree on this issue, your expression of your opinion is an interesting delight to read.

Welcome to my following list!

:D

Last edited:
Correlation is not causation
Yeah, the good Bishop Berkeley made a similar argument centuries ago, but a good kick to any stone laying on the ground suggests otherwise.

When A almost always precedes B, more likely than not it is causation of some form.

While correlation does not prove causation necessarily, Causation always has correlation and correlation is a good indicator of where to start looking for causation.

No scientist ever said that looking for a cause should start with things one NEVER finds correlating with the effect.

In the case of the Breitbart ads, though, there doesn't even seem to be much correlation. Kelloggs dropped their Breitbart ads in November of 2016. According to the chart on Breitbart, in Nov. Kelloggs saw a brief jump in (sales? profits? market share? the chart doesn't specify) and then a brief drop, before leveling out into the slow decline it was already on. Did the company get a small bump from dropping the ads? Did it get a small drop? Did it get both? Did it have no effect? There's very little information there to go on.

What I've seen is that Kelloggs has been on a downward trend for profits since sometime in 2014. I haven't seen anything to indicate what effect stopping their advertising on Breitbart may have had, if any.
I just want to comment that you seem to be a liberal, a classic liberal, and I appreciate your rational response and sicussion, though I tend to disagree on this issue, your expression of your opinion is an interesting delight to read.

Welcome to my following list!

:D

I don't know if I deserve the label classic liberal, but thanks. ;)

Kellogg's owns:

Pringles
Keebler
Cheez-It
Morningstar
Austin
Mother's
Carr's
Gardenburger
Famous Amos
Pop Tarts
Eggos
Town House
Nutri-Grain
Chips Deluxe

So it's not just cereal.

Will these fools ever learn?

The left is not in a numerical majority, they only pretend to be and use their loud orchestrated protests and demonstrations to make the illusion. The 90% of the rest of the population, you know, NORMAL PEOPLE, resent these bastards and tend to go the opposite way from them.

Now Kellogs bowed to these commusnist bastards by banning its ads from Breitbart and now they have lost $53 million!

ROFLMAO

Kellogg's CEO: Massive Layoffs at Time of Massive Boycott Total Coincidence

While it might be Karmic, the graph shown at the link would seem to indicate the company was already doing poorly before pulling ads from Breitbart.
4th quarter 2015 Kellog's lost almost $300 million. If they only lost $50 million in 2016, looks like dumping Breitbart was a good idea.

A Sharp Loss for Kellogg as Sales of Cereal Falter

2014-2015, but yeah, that's a much worse quarterly loss. Kelloggs seems to have far worse problems than whether they advertise on Breitbart.
Yeah . Like their cereal costs twice as much as every other brand on the shelves.

Forum List

Back