Russian Capture (RC) Luger

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Around 20 years ago Ukraine released a bunch of Soviet captured/reworked P.08 Lugers onto the surplus market and I sorta missed the boat on them.

I found one today in my travels and picked it up.....9mm 1936 S/42 (Mauser).....The upper end matches but the frame is forced matched (off another gun)....Pretty common for the ilk. Soviet made grips.

l 002 (2).JPG

l 004 (2).JPG

During the post war period millions of ex-Nazi/Soviet weapons of all types were refurbished (some claim by German POWs) and then stored or given to client states for their use. The refurbs ended in the mid-50s.

Millions were stored in Ukraine and when they became their own country they surplused-off warehouses full of all manner of Soviet/Nazi refurbed weapons to US importers starting in the early 90s.....The Lugers were of the last to be exported.

I don't remember the prices back then but I'm sure it was under $500.00. I gave $600.00 for this one.....My penance for missing the boat.

It shoots great so there's that. ;)

Nice!!! I'd a had no problem with $600 for that. Kinda like the Soviet grips too.

Can't find much here except modern stuff. Saw a PA63, 9mak for $495 ($59, less in quantity not that long ago) 1895 Nagant, $595..

Can't find ANY cowboy stuff, levers or peacemakers. Wife wants a DE, good luck I guess. (sign over your retirement on GB will get one) I got to get out and cruise the Bowling green shops and pawns. Take a day. That should be terrible, for the wallet that is.

Nice!!! I'd a had no problem with $600 for that. Kinda like the Soviet grips too.

Can't find much here except modern stuff. Saw a PA63, 9mak for $495 ($59, less in quantity not that long ago) 1895 Nagant, $595..

Can't find ANY cowboy stuff, levers or peacemakers. Wife wants a DE, good luck I guess. (sign over your retirement on GB will get one) I got to get out and cruise the Bowling green shops and pawns. Take a day. That should be terrible, for the wallet that is.
Yeah, all the surplus has dried up and L/As are priced to the moon since both Winchester and Marlin went under. I just sold a .30-30 Marlin/Glenfield 30AS for $700.00.....Crazy.

To be honest Taylor's & Co is your best bet for the Cowboy stuff. It's all Uberti and is top-notch. Their retail storefront is in in my AO and I've never bought anything that I was not 100% pleased with.....Not cheap though.

Taylors & Company Firearms

Yeah, all the surplus has dried up and L/As are priced to the moon since both Winchester and Marlin went under. I just sold a .30-30 Marlin/Glenfield 30AS for $700.00.....Crazy.

To be honest Taylor's & Co is your best bet for the Cowboy stuff. It's all Uberti and is top-notch. Their retail storefront is in in my AO and I've never bought anything that I was not 100% pleased with.....Not cheap though.

Taylors & Company Firearms
Yup, Taylor and Sons good stuff. I was cruising some today. I don't participate "cowboy shoots" anymore but "NEED" a peacemaker or 2, and a decent lever carbine. Just for fun. Darn carbines are good shooters too, had 357's and 44's. 38sp in a rossi or remlin are fun, shot both cowboy. Had a Marlin 44mag would put 2 1/2 3" groups in a pop can at 125 yards all day long, offhand. But I was younger and steadier.

Can't find it, I'll machine it. Been wanting a 1874 (again) but not up for a $5K price tag and 5-6 year wait from Shiloh. Found nice machinist prints, 9 pages, laminated, 24" x 36".

Lots cool castings by Storie available too. If the link works Rodney Storie Rifle Castings

Yup, Taylor and Sons good stuff. I was cruising some today. I don't participate "cowboy shoots" anymore but "NEED" a peacemaker or 2, and a decent lever carbine. Just for fun. Darn carbines are good shooters too, had 357's and 44's. 38sp in a rossi or remlin are fun, shot both cowboy. Had a Marlin 44mag would put 2 1/2 3" groups in a pop can at 125 yards all day long, offhand. But I was younger and steadier.

Can't find it, I'll machine it. Been wanting a 1874 (again) but not up for a $5K price tag and 5-6 year wait from Shiloh. Found nice machinist prints, 9 pages, laminated, 24" x 36".

Lots cool castings by Storie available too. If the link works Rodney Storie Rifle Castings
Get you a "Gunslinger" it has the larger M1860 Colt Army grip instead of the smaller M1858 Navy sized grip. The difference in handling is like night and day.....On the plus side.

Get you a "Gunslinger" it has the larger M1860 Colt Army grip instead of the smaller M1858 Navy sized grip. The difference in handling is like night and day.....On the plus side.
Thank you, sounds like a winner. I have a Navy Arms, 1858, good shooter but small grip. Mess of 1851's too, small.

I was showing my Luger to a friend and he said he had a old Luger rig I could have for $100.00 but he did not know what it was but it had two DDR mags in it and a eagle/63 (Mauser) tool in the holster.

I figured I could not go wrong because the DDR mags are excellent range mags so I bought it.

The holster is decent but the spare mag pouch has seen better days.

Still no idea who or what country made it though.

lu 001 (2).JPG

lu 004 (2).JPG

Heck, the mags and tool are worth more than $100
The last time I saw a DDR mag they were close to $175.00 each....They are highly regarded as range mags for shooter Lugers and also sought after for the DDR VOPO Lugers.

I think that the tool is a repro after looking at my real one that came with my byf-42 Luger.

dscn2920-2-jpg.854457

Nice. Luger is one of many I "need" but one I haven't owned yet, cept for an old Stoeger luger 22lr that was very cool and fun. Had P38's but no Lug yet. I'll fix that. Love them beautiful Mauser broomhandles too!

Forum List

Back