Russian cosmonauts unfurled the ‘USSR Victory flag’ during yesterdays spacewalk

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021

R.e57e8f38b661f789c959b60217a178eb

The Soviet Banner of Victory (Russian: Знамя Победы, romanized: Znamya Pobedy) was the banner raised by the Red Army soldiers on the Reichstag building in Berlin on 1 May 1945,[1] the day after Adolf Hitler committed suicide. It was raised by three Soviet soldiers: Alexei Berest, Mikhail Yegorov, and Meliton Kantaria.

The Victory Banner, made under battlefield conditions, is the official symbol of the victory of the Soviet Union over Nazi Germany during the Second World War. It is also one of the national treasures of Russia. The Cyrillic inscription reads:[2]

Although this flag was not the only one to be hoisted on the Reichstag, it was the first and only survivor of all the "official" flags specially prepared to be raised there.

According to the Law of the Russian Federation, the Banner of Victory is to be stored forever in a place which provides its safety and public availability. - WIKI

DAVE: Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
HAL: I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

;)

I don't care, in fact it's pretty cool move in a FU sort of way. ;)
HaHa, the Russkies kind of fucked up on the public availability.
Banner of Victory is to be stored forever in a place which provides its safety and public availability

Forum List

Back