Russian military massing at Ukraine border. This is why people still need assault Rifles.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
Joe Biden and many liberals say we don't need assault rifles. As we look around the world, we seen Russian solders massing at the Ukrainian border. We also have many being shot in Myanmar by their military. Yes we in America still need to have assault rifles at our disposal. No one should ban a any weapon of war today in the world. We still need to be prepared for anything.

1643520889308.png

1. If an agency other than the military can utilize something that's considered a firearm, weapon, or armor, then the civilians should be able to purchase them also.

2. If the government demands that a person has to have a license, training, etc, then the government needs to provide those requirements for free since it is a Constitutional right and anything that prevents a person from exercising that right would be considered a poll tax.

*****SMILE*****

:)

View attachment 594593

1. If an agency other than the military can utilize something that's considered a firearm, weapon, or armor, then the civilians should be able to purchase them also.

2. If the government demands that a person has to have a license, training, etc, then the government needs to provide those requirements for free since it is a Constitutional right and anything that prevents a person from exercising that right would be considered a poll tax.

*****SMILE*****

You ought to be on a range with some of these idiots. I have. They wanted to recruit me. Those Rambo wantabees were a danger to them self and everybody else.
I believe in the right to bear arms, have several and frequently carry, but the fact is, many do not train and sometimes lack the self-discipline to be trained, only wanting one as a toy or to show off for their friends. That is fine on a range, with other like-minded idiots, but not carrying on the streets in crowded cities. Even I, don't need a fully automatic assault weapon, and I'm about as trained and disciplined as it gets. You can legally buy, have, own and practice if you have the money documentation to prove you can be trusted with one, without being a danger. Some ranges have people with that documentation, where you can even pay to shoot one if you never have or actually just miss doing it, and you don't even have to clean it afterwards. Knock yourself out.

You ought to be on a range with some of these idiots. I have. They wanted to recruit me. Those Rambo wantabees were a danger to them self and everybody else.
I believe in the right to bear arms, have several and frequently carry, but the fact is, many do not train and sometimes lack the self-discipline to be trained, only wanting one as a toy or to show off for their friends. That is fine on a range, with other like-minded idiots, but not carrying on the streets in crowded cities. Even I, don't need a fully automatic assault weapon, and I'm about as trained and disciplined as it gets. You can legally buy, have, own and practice if you have the money documentation to prove you can be trusted with one, without being a danger. Some ranges have people with that documentation, where you can even pay to shoot one if you never have or actually just miss doing it, and you don't even have to clean it afterwards. Knock yourself out.

1643522993192.png

And your point is?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 594598

And your point is?

*****SMILE*****

Point is there is no need to allow every idiot to have one, for the good of society. It was made mostly illegal in practice back in 1934, before two world wars and most of us ever took our first breath, and everyone on here has gotten along just fine, squeezing one round at a time. The mass shooting would increase exponentially. I would oppose changing it. That is my point.
Governments have gunships, artillery, tanks and missiles. You want those too? They are only of use if YOU want to try to take over the government.

Point is there is no need to allow every idiot to have one, for the good of society. It was made mostly illegal in practice back in 1934, before two world wars and most of us ever took our first breath, and everyone on here has gotten along just fine, squeezing one round at a time. The mass shooting would increase exponentially. I would oppose changing it. That is my point.
Governments have gunships, artillery, tanks and missiles. You want those too? They are only of use if YOU want to try to take over the government.

1643524189742.png

Do you feel the same way about voting rights?

Should every idiot be allowed to vote or should we limit to people who only have IQ's over 140 or even higher?

After all if you're going to deny a person a right because you consider them an idiot then why should it be limited to just one right?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 594605

Do you feel the same way about voting rights?

Should every idiot be allowed to vote or should we limit to people who only have IQ's over 140 or even higher?

*****SMILE*****

Every citizen should be allowed and encouraged to vote. The normal ones far outweigh/outnumber the true idiots.

Every citizen should be allowed and encouraged to vote. The normal ones far outweigh/outnumber the true idiots.

1643524507632.png

I disagree. If you think you can deny a person one right then other rights should be denied also.

I'm fine with denying voting rights to anyone who's committed a crime and hasn't repaid their debt in full to society.

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 594607

I disagree. If you think you can deny a person one right then other rights should be denied also.

I'm fine with denying voting rights to anyone who's committed a crime and hasn't repaid their debt in full to society.

*****SMILE*****

I thought you meant in general as in normal public. Felons lose their right to vote, by their own decision to commit felonies. I don't care if they ever get them back. That used to be the law when I was young and see no reason for it to have been changed.

I thought you meant in general as in normal public. Felons lose their right to vote, by their own decision to commit felonies. I don't care if they ever get them back. That used to be the law when I was young and see no reason for it to have been changed.

1643525393725.png

I'm willing to extend it to a wide variety of crimes and they have to be clear of everything, that includes parole time and paying their fines, before they can get their voting rights back.

The 2nd Amendment is a right guaranteed to every citizen and if you're going to mess with my rights don't expect me to demand things in return.

I've seen and heard of special needs people being told how to vote. Should they retain the right to vote? Are they capable of making a decision on issues that affect us all?

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 594608

I'm willing to extend it to a wide variety of crimes and they have to be clear of everything, that includes parole time and paying their fines, before they can get their voting rights back.

The 2nd Amendment is a right guaranteed to every citizen and if you're going to mess with my rights don't expect me to demand things in return.

I've seen and heard of special needs people being told how to vote. Should they retain the right to vote? Are they capable of making a decision on issues that affect us all?

*****SMILE*****

Where did you hear that? Did you remain silent?
You have not had a right to a full auto machine gun, before or since you left the service. Get over it for God's sake. Act responsibly and don't support things bad for the country, just because you would like one. Acting responsibly is the core of conservative thought and action.

Where did you hear that? Did you remain silent?
You have not had a right to a full auto machine gun, before or since you left the service. Get over it for God's sake. Act responsibly and don't support things bad for the country, just because you would like one. Acting responsibly is the core of conservative thought and action.

1643526459194.png

What gives you the right to deny me my rights?

What makes you think someone owning a machine gun is bad for the country?

What makes you think I don't act responsibly?

Are you accusing me of having committed some heinous crimes that even I'm not aware of? If so what are they??? Because the most I'm aware of is a one speeding ticket and a few parking tickets. Does that make me some evil person in your eyes?

Should we ban people from owning jets/planes, cars, gas, chlorine, ammonia, and other things that could well be considered weapons of mass destruction?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:
Who the fuck are you to make that decision..........If they are a Felon I'd understand .......other than that anyone who wants a damn gun has the right to buy one in this country.

Are you now a gun grabber or just afraid LEFTISTS will own them and shoot their dang foot off.

Watch the first 1:03 of this video...I imagine it went like this:

What gives you the right to deny me my rights?
Not me any more than you. But reason does. Who better to decide if Joe Blow should be allowed to scream "FIRE!" in a crowded theater if not government?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary" -- otherwise:

"My right to swing my arm{s} ends where your nose begins" (source unestablished, many variations).

Who the fuck are you to make that decision..........If they are a Felon I'd understand .......other than that anyone who wants a damn gun has the right to buy one in this country.

Are you now a gun grabber or just afraid LEFTISTS will own them and shoot their dang foot off.
Look lady, I'm just 67. That decision was in 1934, 20 years before I was even a gleam in my dad's eye. I am conservative. I rarely favor, taking down controls in place for 4 or 5 generations or so, that have been beneficial to society, just so you can carry a fully automatic weapon on the streets.

Watch the first 1:03 of this video...I imagine it went like this:

Nah, these were full auto gun bunny wannabees, walking around with weapons loaded and charged, 20-30 rnd mags hanging out of the weapons and from web gear. When on the line, they were using full auto, trying to hit quarter pound sticks of TNT on the berm. They rarely hit, as many were shooting mac 10s which were in style back in the day, but never a very accurate weapon, but lots of back slapping and whoops if someone actually hit on and touched it off. Beer coolers open and drinking going on near my friend's truck where he was making a fortune selling ammo to these dumbasses on the range (if you could call it that) he'd set up. I didn't shoot and got my boys off the range after one walk through.

Forum List

Back