S&W M&P 9

I've had the roll pins back out on my Shield. Field stripping is easier/faster with a Glock and they are more accurate.
zorbd.jpg

:flameth:

I'd rather have the 16 this one carries. That why I decided not to carry my sp-101 anymore.
More weight. I have tried many holsters and the most comfortable is the Safariland paddle for the S&W. I rarely use it for the hide. I use an LCR .357 with a leather DeSantis. Only 5 rounds.

Typical CCW capacity friendly "discussion..........."
Of course it also applies to 1911 vs Glock "discussions......." :)

EPN6.gif

I have the compact 15 shot model.
11683_l.jpg

It has maybe 50 rounds through it. I was wondering if anyone has one, does it wear in some so the slide is easier to pull back? This one is pretty hard to rack.
It did not, for my son, after 500 plus rounds. It was ridiculous. He traded in on a PPQ, like mine.

It did not, for my son, after 500 plus rounds. It was ridiculous. He traded in on a PPQ, like mine.
I'll keep it anyway but it is pretty stiff. hardest one to rack I have ever seen and I've seen a lot.

More weight. I have tried many holsters and the most comfortable is the Safariland paddle for the S&W. I rarely use it for the hide. I use an LCR .357 with a leather DeSantis. Only 5 rounds.
Yeah, the weight of 11 more 9mm rounds in negligible.

I'll keep it anyway but it is pretty stiff. hardest one to rack I have ever seen and I've seen a lot.
We had the same problem and to an extent, if not extra careful, was a safety issue on the range, charging the weapon due to how you had to hold it to get enough grip to rack it back. The MP shield is well known and loved by many, so it is possible not all or even most are that hard, but that in itself is not a mark of a well manufactured product, and surprising for the name Smith and Wesson.

I had a 40 Shield for a while. Nice gun; carried alright.

Gave it to my daughter-in-law in exchange for her unreliable Glock something-or-other that kept failing to cycle.

Sold the Glock to finance acquiring real guns – revolvers.
Not sure if still true, but the Shield compact is the most carried hide gun in the country.

Forum List

Back