Sal Bando dead at 78, was a 4-time All-Star & served as team captain for the early 70s Oakland A's dynasty that won 3 straight titles RIP

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
averaged 23 home runs and 90 RBI each year from 1969 to 1976

FnBQdptacAIuMHK

I like Sal Bando.

You should change your avatar to Sal Bando, rather than those clowns you are currently using. Do It.

• Banned
I like Sal Bando.

You should change your avatar to Sal Bando, rather than those clowns you are currently using. Do It.
i wouldn't do it if it were someone i didn't like. i like Sal, so why not? but i usually change avatars quickly, so it probably won't last long!

• Banned
Basque, you're always just a ray of sunshine, aren't you? :smoke:

Sorry to hear this, he was part of the good years of the Athletics.
lol point taken! i don't take any glee in it. i just think we have an obligation to honor our fallen heroes, athletes, rock stars, whatever. my dad died in the lebanese civil war when i was a 1 year old and i always make sure i honor him!

Those were great Baseball teams and Bando was the heart

Had fucking free agency not come along which has destroyed the game of baseball,the A,s would have won many more World Series than they did in the 70;s had not free agency split up the team having to lose all their great players sal bando,Reggie Jackson,catfish hunter,gene tenace,ect ect..

Had fucking free agency not come along which has destroyed the game of baseball,the A,s would have won many more World Series than they did in the 70;s had not free agency split up the team having to lose all their great players sal bando,Reggie Jackson,catfish hunter,gene tenace,ect ect..

Vida Blue

Homer recognizes "74 Oakland A's - Best Team Ever"

It’s a travesty of justice thst Oakland is losing all their sports teams and the A,s will probably soon jojn the Raiders in Vegas,I still cannot believe the Raiders were allowed to leave Oakland,that’s like the cowboys or packers leaving green bay and Dallas for Orlando florida,you just don’t toss out that history,everytime I hear raiders first thing that always pops into my mind is OAKLAND Raiders, same with the A,s,it’s a fucked up world Alan Stallion

Forum List

Back