Satellite Images Aided the Discovery of an Ancient Civilization Buried in the Amazon

I have no idea why anyone is turning this into a religious argument. For heaven's sake.
It is very cool that these earlier peoples are finally being discovered. They were wiped out by the European germs, but they were a large and obviously well organized culture. Of course, their artifacts have been reabsorbed into the Amazon jungle due to the climate--no cold or arid conditions to preserve their leavings.

Satellites Reveal Ancient Civilization Beneath the Amazon Rainforest

I have no idea why anyone is turning this into a religious argument. For heaven's sake.
It is very cool that these earlier peoples are finally being discovered. They were wiped out by the European germs, but they were a large and obviously well organized culture. Of course, their artifacts have been reabsorbed into the Amazon jungle due to the climate--no cold or arid conditions to preserve their leavings.
The main reason is probably because the evidence debunks the biblical timeline of our history.

It's nice to romanticize these ancient civilizations, but I'm quite sure life wasn't that good for your average person.

Hell that can be said for virtually every civilization- including the current civilization where the 'average' person worldwide doesn't have that good of a life.

What these civilizations do is reveal that there were more human achievements earlier on that we thought- and we are bound to discover others.

Rather than dwell on Mayans human sacrifice, or Jews stoning adulteress's to death, or Romans crucifying those who rebelled against them- we can acknowledge what those civilizations accomplished.

It's nice to romanticize these ancient civilizations, but I'm quite sure life wasn't that good for your average person.

Hell that can be said for virtually every civilization- including the current civilization where the 'average' person worldwide doesn't have that good of a life.

What these civilizations do is reveal that there were more human achievements earlier on that we thought- and we are bound to discover others.

Rather than dwell on Mayans human sacrifice, or Jews stoning adulteress's to death, or Romans crucifying those who rebelled against them- we can acknowledge what those civilizations accomplished.

The average person today (in America) lives MUCH better than any other time throughout history.

The Amazonian civilization probably ended before the introduction of European germs.

But those germs did pretty much destroy every existing civilization in the Americas- from the Mound Builders to the Incans.

The average person today (in America) lives MUCH better than any other time throughout history.
'
Did you miss the part where I said worldwide?

Certainly Americans- on average- live pretty well. But worldwide? The number of people living in Third world countries far outnumber the comfortable middle class of the First world economies.

Once you posted your OP, then you have no links to back up what you are saying.
The first sentence in my OP is a reference to the author who "backs up what I'm saying", as Skye
and others have as well .

Did you get kicked out of the religious forum again, is that it JB ?

Wrong You didn't even read the book :auiqs.jpg:. No one has backed up your wrongness. You are one colossal ignoramus. That's fact.

Moreover, the links backed up what I said.

'
Did you miss the part where I said worldwide?

Certainly Americans- on average- live pretty well. But worldwide? The number of people living in Third world countries far outnumber the comfortable middle class of the First world economies.

So? What is your point? Even in a lot of 3rd world countries, they are better off today than in ancient times.

The Amazonian civilization probably ended before the introduction of European germs.

But those germs did pretty much destroy every existing civilization in the Americas- from the Mound Builders to the Incans.
Article says it was the germs--a Spaniard apparently saw these peoples and then 100 years later, they were gone....
So what happened to the rain forest-dwelling people? De Souza says they died out after the European conquest of the region. Disease and genocide wiped out entire villages, and many others abandoned agriculture altogether. “They had to be on the move constantly,” he says.
Amazon Jungle Once Home to Millions More Than Previously Thought

Article says it was the germs--a Spaniard apparently saw these peoples and then 100 years later, they were gone....

What buried the entire civilization?
So what happened to the rain forest-dwelling people? De Souza says they died out after the European conquest of the region. Disease and genocide wiped out entire villages, and many others abandoned agriculture altogether. “They had to be on the move constantly,” he says. But the traces they left behind mean there’s still more to learn about their now-vanished civilization.

What buried the entire civilization?
So what happened to the rain forest-dwelling people? De Souza says they died out after the European conquest of the region. Disease and genocide wiped out entire villages, and many others abandoned agriculture altogether. “They had to be on the move constantly,” he says. But the traces they left behind mean there’s still more to learn about their now-vanished civilization.

Angelo please answer my question. What buried the entire civilization? You provided evidence that they died out.

Not only that, we find the other civilizations in the Sahara being buried. The same with those in the video. This has happened around the world. Entire civilizations are buried.

Angelo please answer my question. What buried the entire civilization? You provided evidence that they died out.

Not only that, we find the other civilizations in the Sahara being buried. The same with those in the video. This has happened around the world. Entire civilizations are buried.
Sand, water, volcanic ash ?
All of the above maybe.

The point is our history book writers have been lying to us.
Why ?

Sand, water, volcanic ash ?
All of the above maybe.

The point is our history book writers have been lying to us.
Why ?

C'mon. We have buried civilizations around the world. Even if they died of bacteria, disease, genocide, or war, they would not be buried around the world. We also find them underwater as the youtube showed. It points to a global flood. Moreover, the Earth is the only planet covered by 3/4 surface water.

What the history book writers not want to admit is the global flood. Where is it in our history? Nowhere. Instead, we find it in our global mythology and widespread myths are usually based on something true.

I think the archaeologists try to ascertain what happened in the past, but don't think today's paleontologists do a good job. They seem to follow some weird science. This is probably why.

C'mon. We have buried civilizations around the world. Even if they died of bacteria, disease, genocide, or war, they would not be buried around the world. We also find them underwater as the youtube showed. It points to a global flood. Moreover, the Earth is the only planet covered by 3/4 surface water.

What the history book writers not want to admit is the global flood. Where is it in our history? Nowhere. Instead, we find it in our global mythology and widespread myths are usually based on something true.

I think the archaeologists try to ascertain what happened in the past, but don't think today's paleontologists do a good job. They seem to follow some weird science. This is probably why.
Most archaeologists read about Noah's Ark with a grain of sea salt, I assure you.

Most archaeologists read about Noah's Ark with a grain of sea salt, I assure you.

Do you have a link?

We have biblical archaeologists:
Noah and the Flood

We also have secular archaeologists:
Evidence found of Noah's ark flood victims

Do you have a link?

We have biblical archaeologists:
Noah and the Flood

We also have secular archaeologists:
Evidence found of Noah's ark flood victims
"Dry land is not a myth. I've seen it !"
hqdefault.jpg

So far the findings reveal they had knowledge of astronomy and geometry....
maybe as far back as 120,000 years ago.

Graham Hancock's book "Fingerprints of the Gods" I read it and it's very interesting, amazing, actually!

I am fascinated by Arqueology and Antiquity in general.

CYUHGZY.jpg

Can you give us a synopsis? What does it mean besides there are places that we haven't explored before? What happened to them? Where did they go?

Here is a quick summary of the book. Hope it helps :smile:

"Could the story of mankind be far older than we have previously believed? Using tools as varied as archaeo-astronomy, geology, and computer analysis of ancient myths, Graham Hancock presents a compelling case to suggest that it is.
In Fingerprints of the Gods, Hancock embarks on a worldwide quest to put together all the pieces of the vast and fascinating jigsaw of mankind’s hidden past. In ancient monuments as far apart as Egypt’s Great Sphinx, the strange Andean ruins of Tihuanaco, and Mexico’s awe-inspiring Temples of the Sun and Moon, he reveals not only the clear fingerprints of an as-yet-unidentified civilization of remote antiquity, but also startling evidence of its vast sophistication, technological advancement, and evolved scientific knowledge.
A record-breaking number one bestseller in Britain, Fingerprints of the Gods contains the makings of an intellectual revolution, a dramatic and irreversible change in the way that we understand our past—and so our future."

I've always believed that.

Then where is the actual evidence? When all of those ancient structures mentioned have a simpler explanation that is actually backed by evidence we have, then none of them are evidence for any unknown, advanced tech. Where is the ACTUAL evidence?

A broken glass on the floor isn't evidence for ghosts, when it can be fully explained by the housecat knocking it off the table. See?

So where is the evidence?

Simple: there isn't any. Else, scientists would be adapting their theories to it. Always keep that in mind. I can guarantee that book is a waste of money.

Forum List

Back