Seahawks Parade

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Yesterday in Seattle an estimated million people gathered to celebrate the Seattle Seahawks Superbowl victory. What seems so amazing is that there were no incidents reported, no fighting, vandlism, and no arrests or any other incidents, just a lot people celebrating. To me, that seems rather unique these days.

15e00ced1c94fbb2d5a8814ac6a836fd_crop_north.

Millions of people die of cancer and heart disease every year. Now that's worth marching for and funding!!!

Sports is really dumb!
Whenever people gather together for a common purpose without a political, religious, or racial agenda, great things can happen.

Millions of people die of cancer and heart disease every year. Now that's worth marching for and funding!!!

Sports is really dumb!

I like college sports even though they get dumb as well, but I have zero respect for so called pro sports or their players. They add nothing useful to society. They're a pestilence.

You know.....................I've never seen the purpose of having your team win, you go back to your city, and then rip up, burn and destroy the property of your fellow city dwellers.

Kudos to Seattle for having a peaceful celebration. It would be nice if the fans of other teams learned from their example.

Imagine how much better we'd be if a million people would march for science? Fucked up

"He [Paul Allen] recognized the importance of this, and how many outstanding questions there are,” said Richmond. “He’s interested in getting to those answers, no matter what they are.”

The key to the Seattle project is Group Health’s collection of more than 500 brains, donated by patients over the past 25 years as part of an ongoing study of cognitive function and aging.

The brain bank is the largest in the world drawn from a general population, Larson said. And nearly 1 in 5 donors suffered some type of head trauma during their lives, as a result of everything from falls and car accidents to combat-related blast injuries."
More here: Hawks owner Paul Allen funds research into brain injuries

And...

Paul Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paul Allen has given more than $1.5 billion towards the advancement of science, technology, education, wildlife conservation, the arts and community services in his lifetime.[24] In 2010, Allen became a signatory of The Giving Pledge, promising to give at least half of his fortune to philanthropic causes.[25] A report in February 2012 named Allen as the most charitable living American in 2011; Allen's direct giving in 2011 totaled $372.6 million.[26]

Yesterday in Seattle an estimated million people gathered to celebrate the Seattle Seahawks Superbowl victory. What seems so amazing is that there were no incidents reported, no fighting, vandlism, and no arrests or any other incidents, just a lot people celebrating. To me, that seems rather unique these days.

15e00ced1c94fbb2d5a8814ac6a836fd_crop_north.

seattle did good, huh? now they have the lombardi trophy to go along with the larry o'brien trophy and the stanley cup.

Imagine how much better we'd be if a million people would march for science? Fucked up

"He [Paul Allen] recognized the importance of this, and how many outstanding questions there are,” said Richmond. “He’s interested in getting to those answers, no matter what they are.”

The key to the Seattle project is Group Health’s collection of more than 500 brains, donated by patients over the past 25 years as part of an ongoing study of cognitive function and aging.

The brain bank is the largest in the world drawn from a general population, Larson said. And nearly 1 in 5 donors suffered some type of head trauma during their lives, as a result of everything from falls and car accidents to combat-related blast injuries."
More here: Hawks owner Paul Allen funds research into brain injuries

And...

Paul Allen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Paul Allen has given more than $1.5 billion towards the advancement of science, technology, education, wildlife conservation, the arts and community services in his lifetime.[24] In 2010, Allen became a signatory of The Giving Pledge, promising to give at least half of his fortune to philanthropic causes.[25] A report in February 2012 named Allen as the most charitable living American in 2011; Allen's direct giving in 2011 totaled $372.6 million.[26]

Kudu's to Allen.

I also find professional sports to be mostly a bore. However, it is entertainment for many, and I don't feel I have the right to interfere with that. But it would be nice were we to pay our best scientists on the same scales as the best professional athletes. And our nation would be far wealthier for the contributions of the scientists.

Forum List

Back