SF Gate politics editor Eric Ting wrote Thursday that it is “painfully obvious Governor Gavin Newsom wants to run for president”, needs reality check

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
One of the tweets referenced by Ting was one in which Newsom posed with a stack of books that have been banned by state or local authorities — ostensibly in Republican-led states. However, one of them, To Kill a Mockingbird, was also banned by a school district in California.

Ting added that he believed Newsom would fail because he is “not progressive enough for the left wing of the party and not electable enough for the centrist wing.” He also cited Newsom’s history of caving to special interests.

One of the tweets referenced by Ting was one in which Newsom posed with a stack of books that have been banned by state or local authorities — ostensibly in Republican-led states. However, one of them, To Kill a Mockingbird, was also banned by a school district in California.

Ting added that he believed Newsom would fail because he is “not progressive enough for the left wing of the party and not electable enough for the centrist wing.” He also cited Newsom’s history of caving to special interests.

Newsom was bought out years ago. I would love to see him fail.

Newsom makes a lot of money selling our country to China. I don't think he wants to mess that up.

I think he would discover quickly that the policies he supports that go over well in California would not on a national level. Far to many politicians left and right seem to think the State or district they represent also represents all of America it doesn’t.

Forum List

Back