She's living with a needle left in her spine, yet no one will tell her which doctor did it

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Ontarios police state full of nepotism and protection of the powerful at the expensive of civil liberties and justice strikes again. This poor woman suffers everyday. I know the feeling...

This province is going to be insolvent, I am not kidding. Please save some of us instead of helping our abusers.

Giovanna Ippolito is living with a broken needle in her spine after it broke off during childbirth. An anesthesiologist then left the four centimetre-long fragment embedded in her back — and didn't tell her what happened.

Instead, it was discovered during an X-ray more than a decade later. The Bolton, Ont., woman says her doctor can't directly link the pain she's experiencing to the needle, but one thing has been made clear to her: it's not safe to remove it.

The location and the scar tissue that has grown around the needle make it too dangerous.

Exactly when the needle was left there is unclear because medical staff failed to note it in her records — but Ippolito says she's only had needles inserted into her back on two occasions — during the birth of her son in 2002 and her daughter in 2004.

She says for years she's been living with pain in her shoulders and right leg.

Both births took place at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital (called York Central Hospital at the time), north of Toronto.

After botched investigations and many years, no one may ever be held accountable.

"It infuriates me. The pain is here to stay," Ippolito told Go Public. "Somebody made a mistake many years ago… now they need to be accountable for it."

Go Public first told Ippolito's story in 2020. Since then, she is no closer to finding out who did it — despite pursuing almost every complaint avenue available to patients injured by the medical system.

Last year, nearly 175,000 patients suffered potentially preventable medical harm while in hospital, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).

Ontarios police state full of nepotism and protection of the powerful at the expensive of civil liberties and justice strikes again. This poor woman suffers everyday. I know the feeling...

This province is going to be insolvent, I am not kidding. Please save some of us instead of helping our abusers.

Giovanna Ippolito is living with a broken needle in her spine after it broke off during childbirth. An anesthesiologist then left the four centimetre-long fragment embedded in her back — and didn't tell her what happened.

Instead, it was discovered during an X-ray more than a decade later. The Bolton, Ont., woman says her doctor can't directly link the pain she's experiencing to the needle, but one thing has been made clear to her: it's not safe to remove it.

The location and the scar tissue that has grown around the needle make it too dangerous.

Exactly when the needle was left there is unclear because medical staff failed to note it in her records — but Ippolito says she's only had needles inserted into her back on two occasions — during the birth of her son in 2002 and her daughter in 2004.

She says for years she's been living with pain in her shoulders and right leg.

Both births took place at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital (called York Central Hospital at the time), north of Toronto.

After botched investigations and many years, no one may ever be held accountable.

"It infuriates me. The pain is here to stay," Ippolito told Go Public. "Somebody made a mistake many years ago… now they need to be accountable for it."

Go Public first told Ippolito's story in 2020. Since then, she is no closer to finding out who did it — despite pursuing almost every complaint avenue available to patients injured by the medical system.

Last year, nearly 175,000 patients suffered potentially preventable medical harm while in hospital, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI).
She should quit bitching about who to blame and who did this to her and get someone to fix her.

She should quit bitching about who to blame and who did this to her and get someone to fix her.
Did you not read the article? It cannot be removed now it is unsafe.

It has been stuck in her spine for a decade because the heathen criminals who operate in our medical apparatus (they aren't the only apparatus that is criminal) didn't even deal with it at the time. She was never made aware.

If your CIA and FBI aren't aware of what system they are dealing with north of your border then they aren't doing their jobs. This is the most serious of business and the actors in this country refuse to modify their criminal activities against citizens.

Did you not read the article? It cannot be removed now it is unsafe.

It has been stuck in her spine for a decade because the heathen criminals who operate in our medical apparatus (they aren't the only apparatus that is criminal) didn't even deal with it at the time. She was never made aware.

If your CIA and FBI aren't aware of what system they are dealing with north of your border then they aren't doing their jobs. This is the most serious of business and the actors in this country refuse to modify their criminal activities against citizens.
I guess she'll just have to deal with it. Maybe you should quit talking about everyone else's problems.

I guess she'll just have to deal with it. Maybe you should quit talking about everyone else's problems.
Yeah, it would be more brave to ignore them.

Thank G-d the Greatest Generation didn't think like you do...

You deal with my postings. Put me on ignore or pull your hair out. I will continue to speak the truth comrade.
this is okfine

200.gif

Forum List

Back