Should Illegal Polish Immigrants In Chicago Be Deported?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
"Peter" Derezinski came to the U.S. 18 years ago and was soon living the American dream. The 41-year-old father of three owns two homes, some commercial property and a thriving heating and cooling business here.
Many illegals came here with visas from Ireland, India, Poland, etc. They stayed in the country after those visas expired. Estimates are up to 45% of the 12 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. are visa over-stayers. Europeans account for 400,000 of them.

Chicago is home to some 70,000 Polish illegal immigrants, second only to the city's undocumented Mexican population.
Polish enclaves are abuzz about immigration, community leaders say. Illegal immigration "isn't just a Latino issue," says Frank Spula, president of the Polish-American Alliance. "Polish who overstayed their visas are here with family and property, and they can't just pack up and leave."

Read more: Should Illegal Polish Immigrants In Chicago Be Deported? (visas, illegal immigrants, Mexican) - Illegal Immigration - City-Data Forum

My wife (a Japanese immigrant) knows a Japanese student who recently overstayed her visa and was booted. PLUS she has a 5 year ban from returning even on a vacation.

So yes, Mr Pollock V. Overstayevski should be deported.

[QUO TE=Mad Scientist;9406054]My wife (a Japanese immigrant) knows a Japanese student who recently overstayed her visa and was booted. PLUS she has a 5 year ban from returning even on a vacation.

So yes, Mr Pollock V. Overstayevski should be deported.[/QUOTE]

I knew a guy from Australia who overstayed his visa and was here illegally. When his girlfriend got pregnant he turned himself in for deportation and got a free ride home.

Forum List

Back