So why was America militarily aiding Muslim Afghanistan against the Soviet Union if Muslims do...

The Stinger missiles battery has a shelf life of 4-5 years and cannot be fired without a new one. That surface to air missiles that have been fired at US helicopters were identified as MANPADS. They were most likely obtained from Pakistan for free since they supported al queda. Pakstan advertised the MANPADS for sale at one time.
Thank you for the correction. Much appreciated.

You are more than welcome.

Precisely! The USSR had nukes aimed at the US and we were willing to aid anyone that would assist us in degrading their military.
Assuming we had nukes aimed at the USSR, as well, why did we behave so provocatively against the USSR in Afghanistan?

That is not smart-ass sarcasm. I'm asking because I don't know. I've never understood why we didn't just mind our own business in Afghanistan.

As I said in an earlier post, a nuclear exchange between the US and the USSR would have been the demise of mankind. Provocative would have been sending in US forces. Providing weapons not so much.

Forum List

Back