Son kills father in California

Not enough details, but my thinking is it most likely wouldn't be justified. It isn't up to an individual to get revenge, but to turn the offender into the proper authorities. The only way it would have been justified is if the father was trying to take the son's life and that was his only means of defense. My question would be why didn't the son value more what his father had done to raise him.

Not enough details, but my thinking is it most likely wouldn't be justified. It isn't up to an individual to get revenge, but to turn the offender into the proper authorities. The only way it would have been justified is if the father was trying to take the son's life and that was his only means of defense.
I second this.

God bless you and the boy always!!!

Holly

P.S. Did the boy feel like he himself was in danger?

HOLY SHIT YES this is justified!!!

Father just shot his mom, friend and girlfriend dead and was likely going to kill him then himself too!!?? Son wrestled father down...took the gun...and shot him. What if he DIDN'T shoot him...and father wrestled the gun BACK away...then killed him too?

No chance a jury ever convicts this guy.

Of course not.
We were discussing hate crimes in another thread. By right wing standards, the circumstances shouldn't matter. If it is found out he shouldn't have killed his father, he should get the same punishment as Scott Peterson or jeff dahmer.

Not enough details, but my thinking is it most likely wouldn't be justified. It isn't up to an individual to get revenge, but to turn the offender into the proper authorities. The only way it would have been justified is if the father was trying to take the son's life and that was his only means of defense.
I second this.

Holly

Not covered in the article, so I don't know

I can assure you that he will get off. His attorney is telling the GA that the son "snapped" when he saw his mother and the rest dead. The "temporary insanity" defense will be accepted, as it should be and he won't be charged.

I second this.

Holly

If turning the guy in were to then put the boy's life in danger, then yes, what was done would then have to be done.

Holly

I second this.

Holly

If turning the guy in were to then put the boy's life in danger, then yes, what was done would then have to be done.

Holly
If the man just shot three people, one being his wife, I would think it reasonable to think the son was in danger as well. Kind of "common sense."

^^^ Actually that could be a 50/50 situation. The boy could have been a weak spot for the guy, the one person that the guy would never touch in such a way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Actually that could be a 50/50 situation. The boy could have been a weak spot for the guy, the one person that the guy would never touch in such a way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
My guess is there was no weak spot when the man just took three lives.

Of course not.
We were discussing hate crimes in another thread. By right wing standards, the circumstances shouldn't matter. If it is found out he shouldn't have killed his father, he should get the same punishment as Scott Peterson or jeff dahmer.
You're an idiot. We told you over and over that the circumstances very much do matter.

I don't know why he was arrested, there must be more to the story. Self defense is legal in all 50 states (for now).

I second this.

Holly

I must say the sons actions were completely justified and the police involved are who would rightly be killed along with their families

Forum List

Back