Sports reruns during the Chinese virus pandemic.

:JackOfNoTrades disapproves. :auiqs.jpg:

He's watching his favorite sport, female Chinese badminton.
1586639196881.png

I just watched a one-on-one golf match between Fred Couples and John Daly. Thankfully, it only included the shots and none of the nonsense or wasted time between shots, and it interspersed short interviews with the players as the round played out.

I considered it an hour well-spent.

I would also watch re-runs of games involving interesting historical matchups, if I don't personally recall how they came out. Hell I still watch "Hoosiers."

I like rewatching old school sports.

Last week I watched Super Bowl III with the Jets and Colts on YouTube

Colts should have easily won by 20 points but five turnovers and two easy missed field goals gave the Jets the game.

Colts should have easily won by 20 points but five turnovers and two easy missed field goals gave the Jets the game.
Some say, including Colts players themselves, claim they were paid to throw the game and make sure the Jets won. I think this is a distinct possibility. Namath had a great year for the Jets, but the Colts were a much better team overall, IMHO. Something STILL smells fishy about this one......

Some say, including Colts players themselves, claim they were paid to throw the game and make sure the Jets won. I think this is a distinct possibility. Namath had a great year for the Jets, but the Colts were a much better team overall, IMHO. Something STILL smells fishy about this one......
I always bought the hype that it was Joe Namath leading his team to victory. Namath had one good drive.
But watching the game, especially the first half, it looked like the Colts were trying to give the game away. Three passes intercepted in the end zone, not seeing a wide open Jimmy Orr and throwing an interception instead, missing easy field goals

Last edited:

I always bought the hype that it was Joe Namath leading his team to victory. Namath had one good drive.
But watching the game, especially the first half, it looked like the Colts were trying to give the game away. Three passes intercepted in the end zone, not seeing a wide open Jimmy Orr and throwing an interception instead, missing easy field goals
If true that is terrible. Around the same time the Cowboys were being promoted as America's Team. The hate started then. The NFL needed exposure for the combined leagues. Dallas ownership was smart. They also had private contracts for products and other goods in which they made a lot of money. They became the haves with a lot of teams remaining the have nots.

It seems ridiculous that SB 3 could have been fixed. After all, Joe Namath guaranteed victory

In the first half, the Colts had the ball inside the 20 five times and came away with no points.

The only person they needed was Earl Morrall. And he had three interceptions in the first half, all inside the 20. Then we run the flea flicker and (Colts wide receiver) Jim Orr is standing there by himself and waving his arms like there isn’t anybody within 30 yards of him. He was the primary receiver, and (Morrall) never looked at him. He didn’t have to even know where he was, just throw the ball down that way. Jimmy was so wide open, he would have gotten it as long as he didn’t overthrow it.

Put on spelling bees and nuns playing poker on the sports channels.A good auto demolition race would be nice.

I'd love to see the greatest sports event of all time- the 1991 running of the $2500 Claiming Race at Mountaineer Park in Newell, WV.

Doctor of Medicine won the mile and 70 yards race on the dirt by a head, although he went off at 17 to 1.

Tremendous race as he went 4 wide at the top of the stretch and won by a head over the favored #1 horse

I'd love to see the greatest sports event of all time- the 1991 running of the $2500 Claiming Race at Mountaineer Park in Newell, WV.

Doctor of Medicine won the mile and 70 yards race on the dirt by a head, although he went off at 17 to 1.

Tremendous race as he went 4 wide at the top of the stretch and won by a head over the favored #1 horse
They can play that instead of the Super Bowl

Forum List

Back