Stand-up Saudi Arabia: YouTube sensation Fahad Al-Butairi breaking boundaries in the Islamic kingdo

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Remember the movie "Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World?" Well here it is.

Stand-up Saudi Arabia: YouTube sensation Fahad Al-Butairi breaking boundaries in the Islamic kingdom

saudi-arabian-youtuber-fahad-albutairi.jpg

Saudi Arabian Youtuber Fahad Albutairi.
As a country typically associated with its ban on women driving, uber-strict version of Islam and its fearsome religious police, Saudi Arabia is rarely a country associated with laughs.

But the kingdom's stand-up comedy scene is burgeoning, buoyed by the freedom provided to millions of young people by the internet and websites such as YouTube and Twitter, which have surged in a country where 67% of the population is under 30.

Fahad Albutairi, 30, is arguably one of Saudi Arabia's most famous comedians and was the first to appear live in the country at a public show in 2009 in Riyadh.

He has over 1.7 million Twitter followers and was recently listed as one of the most powerful Saudis under 40 by Dubai-based magazine Arabian Business

Continue reading at:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stand-saudi-arabia-youtube-sensation-fahad-al-butairi-b

Some ignorant asshole will put a price on his head...and then take it. The head, I mean.

Some ignorant asshole will put a price on his head...and then take it. The head, I mean.

I hope not, Gracie. I'm waiting for him to appear at the Comedy Store in Hollywood.

Forum List

Back