Starbucks CEO (True patriot): Tie shareholder profits...to employee happiness/success

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
If anyone else saw the interview with the CEO of Starbucks the other night, you will probably feel as I do: I will ALWAYS make every effort to get my coffee from Starbucks from now on.

Not only are the providing benefits and decent pay to their workers, but now, they are paying a full college tuition for every full time worker!

He said he believes the corporate world has become too obsessed with pure profit, and not doing enough for the well being of their employees. He says shareholder profit...should be a concern, of course, but it should be tied with employee happiness and success, and that employees..should see some return on their work when shareholders get big payouts.

This may be blasphemy in the right wing world. But to me...he is a true corporate patriot. Moral profitability. Profiting..with integrity. Whatever you wanna call it.

He does say that the Seattle minimum wage may have "unintended consequences". And hes right. He isn't a partisan, he is being honest. How rare that is these days. And, I bet people will flock to apply to Starbucks, and his workers will overall be loyal and work hard.

What a wonderful leadership example.

Last edited:
Full-time employees should get stock in their company, turning the employees into shareholders. Then if the business does well, the employees do well.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Starbucks-Salaries-E2202.htm

Starbucks non-manager employees still average only $8.80 an hour! So don't say they are giving more than any other fast food joynt out there.

The starbucks isn't the only one to provide tuition reimbursement, other employers (like my current one and my previous one) offer college reimbursement programs.

Starbucks seems very good but there is a catch. You have to goto ASU online school!

Starbucks Pays for College, But Employees Will Miss Out on ASU's On-Campus Life - ABC News
Starbucks' partnership with Arizona State University's online degree program will support the educational advancement of its employees, 70 percent of whom are students or aspiring students in the U.S.

But will these employees miss out on on all that ASU campus life has to offer?

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz explained that the new Starbucks College Achievement Plan is designed to support college completion with full tuition reimbursement for juniors and seniors to finish their degrees, or an on-ramp for freshman and sophomores with a scholarship.

For Starbucks workers who hope to finish their junior and senior year in college, they can receive a scholarship that covers up to $30,000 in tuition costs for two years of full-time study. Freshmen and sophomores will receive a reimbursement that covers up to $6,500 in tuition costs for two years of full-time study. Starbucks doesn't reimburse remaining tuition for freshmen and sophomores, but as soon as these employees become juniors they automatically quality for full junior/senior benefits through graduation. Starbucks employees have to apply to ASU's online program for admission.

Full-time employees should get stock in their company, turning the employees into shareholders. Then if the business does well, the employees do well.

I assume you are CEO of I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE

Forum List

Back