Starbucks Lists Stores to Be Closed

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
Starbucks Corp. late Thursday disclosed the locations of the 600 stores it plans to close by early next year.

Stores are slated to shut down in 44 states plus the District of Columbia, with the largest number of closures in California, where 88 are slated to close; Florida, with 59; and Texas, with 57. As of Thursday, workers at all of Starbucks's approximately 11,000 U.S. locations had been informed whether their store was on the closing sheet, according to the company. (See the full list of closures, PDF.)
Free Preview - WSJ.com

But from you LOCAL coffeeshops, folks.

they need your business and the money stays local.

God, this is too easy.

LOL

Because they love coffee? shit I don't know man relax and enjoy life a little.

I am not sure why starbucks closing stores should be important to me anyways, I am not going to miss their over priced coffee one bit :)

Oh, trust me, I'm enjoying life. Off work for 10 weeks, 13 yo daughter is doing great, madly in love with my fiancee, friends are wonderful, the sun is shining, and I'm drinking a cup of my home-brewed coffee that cost me about 10 cents to make.

Peace! :cool:

LOL

Because they love coffee? shit I don't know man relax and enjoy life a little.

I am not sure why starbucks closing stores should be important to me anyways, I am not going to miss their over priced coffee one bit :)

It's important because it's indicative of the failing economy. It's the first thing people cut.

That's why it matters....

How many people are going to be out of work (and not have health coverage) because of the closings of those stores?

Businesses that are perceived as catering to liberals are seen as evil.

It never fails to crack me up.

It's important because it's indicative of the failing economy. It's the first thing people cut.

How many people are going to be out of work (and not have health coverage) because of the closings of those stores?

Failing Economy? Nothing to do with StarBucks being their own competition? So out of the 600 stores closing, how many of them had one thats across the street? It might have some to do with the economy but more or less just bad business decisions.

Really good ecomonic sign huh?

Bush has brought us Shrinkflation.

A shrinking economy with riasing inflation.

Be proud Republicans.

It couldn't last forever.
Particularly once all the drive through Chevrons and 76 stations started selling cheaper lattes......

Though I think that might be an Oregon phenomenon.

LOL so every single time a company closes stores, or makes cut backs it indicates a failing economy eh, It has nothing to do with the decisions the company makes? Companies only fail if the Economy fails them eh.

It has nothing to do with the fact that Star bucks over built stores, and over charges for coffee? When Kmart started failing was the because of the economy or because they built to many stores and let them all turn into crappy, dirty thrift stores, and the fact that wallmart killed them? Or how about Home Depot, which is in trouble, not because of the economy so much as because they Built to many stores to damn fast.

Last edited:
Holy shit this will really piss of the libs :)

I've been to Starbucks once in my entire life, so I'm not up on their crowd. Is it really all libs? And how would you really know who's a lib there, and who's a con? Are they all wearing Al Franken t-shirts?

If so, it's a bit ironic. Liberals singlehandedly making the company into the dominant corporate player that it is today, and all. And then complaining about its corporate dominance. :eusa_whistle:

I've been to Starbucks once in my entire life, so I'm not up on their crowd. Is it really all libs? And how would you really know who's a lib there, and who's a con? Are they all wearing Al Franken t-shirts?

If so, it's a bit ironic. Liberals singlehandedly making the company into the dominant corporate player that it is today, and all. And then complaining about its corporate dominance. :eusa_whistle:

The cons are in the john tapping their feet. At least the males are. The female cons hang around the door and whine about how much it costs to gas up their hummers.

Local coffee shops are typically better than Starbucks anyway. If you're ever in the St. Louis area, check out Meshuggah. Nectar of the gods.

The cons are in the john tapping their feet. At least the males are. The female cons hang around the door and whine about how much it costs to gas up their hummers.

While they pay $4 for a friggin cup of coffee.

Really..... So the one's that have a rod stuck up there ass and blah the entire time are the libs?

Forum List

Back