Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

So if the criteria are listed, and the rifle fits all of them, they take the gun into field trials. These involve extensive testing of the weapons in many conditions. The selection is up to a committee. I am sure politics (and probably some well placed money) have a part in the selection.

Perhaps if you would stop calling shooters "gun nuts" they would be more conducive to a dialogue. I have owned 3 semi-auto rifles in .223 in my life. One was an AR. Other than the looks, I'd say there wasn't much difference in them. With the exception of the Ruger Mini-14. That rifle was simply not accurate enough for what I wanted. Even in a gun vise, the rifle couldn't do better than 5" groups at 100 yards.

You'll have to find someone specific who says the guns are different. I see all the .223 semi autos as much the same. Some companies build a higher quality gun. But the AR has no magic killing capabilities.

Bottom line, the military chose that gun as the most effective combat weapon over all the others.

I don't call shooters gun nuts. There is a big difference. I have guns, and have enjoyed them since I was a kid trying to be still and quiet while I watched my dad shoot squirrels. A gun nut generally spouts nothing but NRA propaganda, and equates reasonable gun safety with being enslaved. Gun Nuts aren't conductive to discussion any more than RWNJs. I learned that long ago, and it was only reinforced when I was called unpatriotic, communist, etc, because I didn't support Bush's lies. No that's not an attack on Bush, it's just an example of how long people on the right, including gun nuts have been ----well----nuts.

I never said it was magic. I've already supplied credible links to show guns are different. You are entitled to your opinion, but facts is facts. The military chose that design for their goto killing tool. I'll take their judgement over some some Ted Nugent like gun nut. I appreciate your less than "hair on fire" discussion.
Exactly what is the NRA propaganda? Have you ever read the NRAs Mission Statement? Read it and point out the propaganda.

Yes, Public statements aren't always accurate. The NRA was once a great organization. I was a member for years until they changed to a representative of gun manufacturers, and whose only goal is the sale of more guns no matter how much they have to lie, or how many more children die.
you don't even know what a semiautomatic rifle is and you expect us to believe you were a member of the NRA?

That's fucking hilarious

Really, and what makes you think that? Because I list the gun's firing rate(cyclic) as the same for semi or full? That's the way it is measured dumb ass.

All that cyclic measurement is how fast the carrier cycles and it make absolutely no difference in semiautomatic fire because a person is not capable of pulling the trigger fast enough for it to matter

All semiautomatic fire is limited by how fast a person can pull the trigger and NOT how fast the firing mechanism cycles

I know this stuff is completely beyond your intellectual capacity but go to a range and rent some rifles and tell me how fast you can fire them

Yes. Answered honestly, this question reveals it. If you ban the AR-15, Are the kids safer in school? If you can't honestly answer yes, then banning the AR-15 Is just a measure designed to make some feel warm and fuzzy because they got one over on the gun owners.
Ask the kids at Parkland

Or the security guards who did not want to go up against an AR 15

Now you're just projecting. You have no way of knowing what that guard knew was in the building or what he didn't want to face.
Exactly
The guards had no idea how many shooters were there and where they were.......but were expected to charge in armed only with a sidearm

And now our President expects a teacher to do it

And why were they expected to only have a sidearm? Because anything else is scary in certain quarters. Regardless, they didn't do their jobs.

As for the teachers, no, you don't require them to be armed, but the ones that have CC permits and want to have a fighting chance if they are the last line of defense for the kids SHOULD be allowed to carry.

If you're going to rant, at least do it honestly.

Right, and a short CC course qualifies them to engage in a combat situation. You bet.

You don't read the stories of actual people defending themselves....sometimes with even less training than than you need to get a cc permit..........you are talking out of your ass.....and again, the point is to make the school not a target...and you do that by telling mass shooters they will be engaged by armed people.....instead of being a gun free killing playground for the mass shooters....

Again, they are not looking for a gun fight, they are looking to murder unarmed people....

We know that mass shooters choose gun free zones because the ones captured tell us this, and the notes of the dead ones tell us this...

All of the mass shooters who weren't muslim terrorists suicided before the cops got to them, surrendered to people who had guns, or ran away, like the last guy....

They did not shoot it out with the victims who were armed or the police when they finally arrived after the killer was done killing...

That's one of the goofiest things I ever heard. We wear seat belts, but people still die in car wrecks. Does that mean seat belts aren't a good idea?

Seat belt laws add stupid and misguided. Last night a man was killed in a car wreck up the road. He hit a tree and was killed . He had a seat belt on. The law was feel good legislation nothing more. You hit anothe car, airbag or not, seat belt or not you stand a great chance of getting dead. That’s all. Far as it being goofy, you have a position that was in effective for seven years that contained every thing you advocate and yet none of it worked. Diddnt even slow down street crime. I’ll challange you to be honest and take a look at this wiki list of mass shootings. See if you can find a commonality among shooters BESIDES guns.

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

Got it. You think seat belts are bad. You'r some kind of genius, aren't you?

See, now this is an attempt at deflecting and it’s weak. From about 1972 to the present, what one thing do all the mass SHOOTERS have in common. By every name is I link to a source off the WIKI. It only takes two minutes to see what they all have in common. Now, aside from the guns, what do all the shooters have in common? It’s one thing.

No deflection. You made your opinion of seat belts clear, and I commented on that. Your other point about the lack of biological fathers causing mass shootings was just too dumb to comment on.

View attachment 178889

Now, what one thing aside from guns did all of these guys have in common? Hint, it wasn’t seat belts.

They all have this in common.....even when they used guns....they murdered less people than the muslim terrorist in Nice, France did with a rental truck......

The muslim terrorist in Nice, France murdered 86 people in 5 minutes......look at the totals of mass shootings from the list.....

Rental trucks are deadlier than guns...

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....
The anti gunners want them too....

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

If they don't have the full auto, and I don't even think the M4 has that anymore, then they aren't identical......you are such a doofus.

AR-15s are civilian rifles also used by police, they are the most common rifle in the country and so are the most obvious rifle protected by our 2nd Amendment....

You guys want all the rifles and all the pistols......we know this, and we are going to fight you all the way...

“All the rifles and all the pistols” what a load of horse shit

But what gun isn’t built to kill ? Every gun on the planet from the hand gone from the days of yore to the most technologically advanced wsmall arm in production today is built for killing. The first repeating firearm was likely a martial weapon. Muskets were martial weapons. The news and charvelle (spelled wrong) were the AK47 and M16 of the age and the bayonet was what made them fearsome. In this country as long as we have had a military, civilians wanted them to. That said, had Cruze never had that rifle he could have done his deed with a bolt gun. Or a musket with a bayonet.

All true. it's not a matter of the gun's intention. It's a matter of the gun's capability. Even if we don't stop all mass shootings, we can reduce the number of people killed in each event. Don't you think that is worthwhile?

Not a matter of the guns capibility at all. A dude shot a president with a bolt gun, pretty crappy one to. A slew of gun regulations came after that, why was it a President was shot again? Then you had Bobby Kennedy. He also got shot after all the new gun laws, then Regan. Columbine happened and it happened like 7 years after Clinton made it law. All the rules and regulations you want had been inplace yet the shooting happened. Not a guns capability at all.

That's one of the goofiest things I ever heard. We wear seat belts, but people still die in car wrecks. Does that mean seat belts aren't a good idea?

people still die in car wrecks yet no call to ban them

A car is not designed and built for only one purpose. To kill.

too fucking bad neither is a firearm

knives kill more people then rifles

yet no call for a ban hypocrite

That’s it right there. The left has nothing to say when you peel back the layers and LOOK at shit. Both sides of this argument are toattaly missing the point. Forget the guns for a minute and LOOK at whats common in all these shootings and that’s prescribed drugs, mental illness, a tumor I believe in the ATM tower and the fact that people around them knew or suspected something was up, except for the one case where Indians assaulted the school, killed and scalped all the woman and children. People need to stop the emotional, political bullshit and fix it.

The anti gunners know, though. That is why they are now calling for banning all semi automatic rifles...as we heard at the CNN hate rally this week......and also why they are using the term "weapons of war," Since they know they can get to the rest of our rifles if they can only get the AR-15 banned ...since the all operate with the same action....

Again with the " They're coming to get all our guns!!!!!!! " craziness. Grow up dummy.

Then tell me what is the reason for banning one particular semiautomatic rifle when all other semiautomatic rifles of the same caliber perform exactly the same as the banned rifle.

The only reason to start with one particular rifle is to expand the ban to all other semiautomatic rifles

Yes. Answered honestly, this question reveals it. If you ban the AR-15, Are the kids safer in school? If you can't honestly answer yes, then banning the AR-15 Is just a measure designed to make some feel warm and fuzzy because they got one over on the gun owners.
Ask the kids at Parkland

Or the security guards who did not want to go up against an AR 15
Yeah ask the coward why he didn't do his job
Will teachers be cowards too?

Louder Crowder is an annoying loon - no surprise you would post his excrement. :rolleyes-41:

i-think-therefore-i-am-not-a-steven-crowder-fan-21680485.png

All true. it's not a matter of the gun's intention. It's a matter of the gun's capability. Even if we don't stop all mass shootings, we can reduce the number of people killed in each event. Don't you think that is worthwhile?

Not a matter of the guns capibility at all. A dude shot a president with a bolt gun, pretty crappy one to. A slew of gun regulations came after that, why was it a President was shot again? Then you had Bobby Kennedy. He also got shot after all the new gun laws, then Regan. Columbine happened and it happened like 7 years after Clinton made it law. All the rules and regulations you want had been inplace yet the shooting happened. Not a guns capability at all.

people still die in car wrecks yet no call to ban them

A car is not designed and built for only one purpose. To kill.

too fucking bad neither is a firearm

knives kill more people then rifles

yet no call for a ban hypocrite

cars accidentally kill more people than rifles or all guns.......they kill more children than guns do every single day......

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....
The anti gunners want them too....

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

If they don't have the full auto, and I don't even think the M4 has that anymore, then they aren't identical......you are such a doofus.

AR-15s are civilian rifles also used by police, they are the most common rifle in the country and so are the most obvious rifle protected by our 2nd Amendment....

You guys want all the rifles and all the pistols......we know this, and we are going to fight you all the way...

“All the rifles and all the pistols” what a load of horse shit

You can't hide it anymore.....the CNN town hall, 2 minutes of Orwell hate brought out the truth.....thanks for that enlightening moment...

Did the military pick that design for strictly cosmetic reasons?

The military model is a different gun.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

Now why don't you tell me what makes this gun
Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg

any different from this gun

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

There is absolutely no functional difference between the 2 rifles.

If you knew anything about the subject you would know this

Other than how they look? Nope - The AR is also FAR easier to conceal than the .223. My neighbor has two of them. He showed me how easy the stock pops on and off. Once removed, it literally fit neat as ya please inside his jacket.

My neighbor is a great guy but a bit of a Prepper - fears something akin to a zombie apocalypse :rolleyes-41:

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

Other than how they look? Nope - The AR is also FAR easier to conceal than the .223. My neighbor has two of them. He showed me how easy the stock pops on and off. Once removed, it literally fit neat as ya please inside his jacket.

My neighbor is a great guy but a bit of a Prepper - fears something akin to a zombie apocalypse :rolleyes-41:

You have no idea what you are talking about.....the AR comes in .223....you moron....it can also fire different size rounds depending on the action.......you can fit most rifles in a bag for baseball bats and you could simply cut off the wood stock if you wanted if you plan on shooting people at close range....like in a school.....

Please, think before you post...

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

The AR is also FAR easier to conceal than the .223.

--LOL

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

--LOL

The guy is an idiot.......a troll.....and this is why we can't negotiate with them, they do not understand the concept of "Good Faith" they just understand getting what they want by any means necessary...

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

--LOL

The guy is an idiot.......a troll.....and this is why we can't negotiate with them, they do not understand the concept of "Good Faith" they just understand getting what they want by any means necessary...

i know that is why i could not help but laugh

I've done a bit of research on the AR15 today. Some of the things I thought were wrong. However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed. We don't need military assault rifles on the street. even those that are slightly modified

Who the hell walks around out on the streets with an AR-15? How are a bunch of gun enthusiasts with AR-15s sitting in a case at home more dangerous than the millions of concealed handguns people walk around with everyday?

Tons of people in Texas - Hell, you can do it in Idaho too with no training and no license even if concealed.

1-Blog-open-carry-in-israel.jpg

open-carry-tx.jpg

open-carry-in-restaurant.jpg

inside-chipotle630.jpg

Really? All people who would rather not have their kids killed at school want to ban all semi auto rifles? That's amazing. Did Alex Jones tell you that?

Nobody can shoot up a school with a semi-auto handgun?

Your canned gun nut responses are funny. Which semi-auto handgun can fire as many bullets as fast as the AR is capable of? Which semi-auto hand guns have 30 round magazines? Which semi-automatic handguns are as accurate over a wide range as a rifle?

50 round magazines for a Glock pistol

beta_glock.jpg
3861573_01_glock_17_mag_9mm_extended_gloc_640.jpg

Time we ban anything over 20. Can a kook still change magazines? Sure - but that gives bystanders a chance to tackle.

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

--LOL

i know that is why i could not help but laugh

Laugh away loon! Maybe you could get a room with this guy?

Forum List

Back