Stupid Democrats vs Palin

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Democrats who get their education on SNL...how stupid is that.

--------------------:eek:

So it is that one of the quotes most strongly associated with former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin is the exclamation "I can see Russia from my house!" even though she didn't actually utter that phrase during the campaign.

The basis for the line was Governor Palin's 11 September 2008 appearance on ABC News, her first major interview after being tapped as the vice-presidential nominee. During that appearance, interviewer Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, and she responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":

Two days later, on the 2008 season premiere of Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler appeared in a sketch portraying Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton, during which Fey spoofed Governor Palin's remark of a few days earlier with the following exchange:
FEY AS PALIN: "You know, Hillary and I don't agree on everything . . ."

POEHLER AS CLINTON: (OVERLAPPING) "Anything. I believe that diplomacy should be the cornerstone of any foreign policy."

FEY AS PALIN: "And I can see Russia from my house."
Henceforth, invocations of Sarah Palin frequently employed the line "I can see Russia from my house," rather than the words she actually spoke, "You can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

As to the question of whether one can actually see Russia from Alaska, Governor Palin was correct: such a view is possible from more than one place in Alaska. A Slate article on the topic noted that:
In the middle of the Bering Strait are two small, sparsely populated islands: Big Diomede, which sits in Russian territory, and Little Diomede, which is part of the United States. At their closest, these two islands are a little less than two and a half miles apart, which means that, on a clear day, you can definitely see one from the other.

snopes.com: I Can See Alaska from My House

SNL has evolved from a hip pop-culture phenomenon to a tiresome unfunny vestige of it's former hey days. It don't matter what they say or do anymore.

Lumpy, we all know what she said. It's like people always banging on about calling Kerry a flip flopper without putting it into context.

However, even what Palin actually said about Russia is dumb. "We're neighbours" LOL...Yeah, Vladivostok may just be over the sea, but the rest of it is just snow and ice. And as if she had anything to do with the place when she was governor...pffft

Lumpy, we all know what she said. It's like people always banging on about calling Kerry a flip flopper without putting it into context.

However, even what Palin actually said about Russia is dumb. "We're neighbours" LOL...Yeah, Vladivostok may just be over the sea, but the rest of it is just snow and ice. And as if she had anything to do with the place when she was governor...pffft

We all Know...=... pretty doubtful.

Kerry was a flip-flopper, there are plenty of examples.

Clinton, Obama, Hillary and the list of Democrats that are compulsive liars matters little to Democrats, now that there is something "we all know" and makes any statement by a Democrat highly suspect.

Last edited:
You almost gotta laugh at the left leaning pop-culture that ain't got a freaking clue of what it means for a woman to succeed. Sarah Palin should be the ultimate success story of a hockey mom who beat the system. Why do they hate her so much?

You almost gotta laugh at the left leaning pop-culture that ain't got a freaking clue of what it means for a woman to succeed. Sarah Palin should be the ultimate success story of a hockey mom who beat the system. Why do they hate her so much?

Who hates her? Laugh at her yes. Hate her? No..

And if she is a success I hate to see what a failure is...

Forum List

Back