Supreme Court effectively removes 2nd Amendment from Constitution US v. ZACKEY RAHIMI

Ahh yeah cause the family courts aren't completely biased against males

Don't lesbians and trannies commit a higher rate of domestic abuse .......and shoot up schools

He loves guns so much that he thinks that people with history of violence should allowed own a firearm and once they have that firearm, they can kill their partner or children because HE wants them to own a firearm.
"Look, that violent abuser NEEDS to be able to own a rifle that lets them shoot at multiple people from a safe distance" - typical MAGA voter

He loves guns so much that he thinks that people with history of violence should allowed own a firearm and once they have that firearm, they can kill their partner or children because HE wants them to own a firearm.
Why cant you bootlickers pass a fucking amendment, instead of letting the government gain power they arent supposed to have?
Shine it up real nice, pussy
1718996118155.png

Before this thread goes totally off the tracks, let me just say, that if someone is convicted of domestic abuse, or any other violent crime, their ability to exercise their 2a right should be suspended for a proscribed period of time. At least until they’ve completed their adjudication and are deemed to not be a threat.

That’s common sense, and I say that as a lifetime NRA member, and a CCP holder that believes in the constitution…

Before this thread goes totally off the tracks, let me just say, that if someone is convicted of domestic abuse, or any other violent crime, their ability to exercise their 2a right should be suspended for a proscribed period of time. At least until they’ve completed their adjudication and are deemed to not be a threat.

That’s common sense, and I say that as a lifetime NRA member, and a CCP holder that believes in the constitution…
Thats not what this is about. This is about someone getting a restraining order on you, and you lose rights. There is no due process. Just like red flag laws.

Have no fear's gun huggers, your right to shoot grocery stores is still alive and intact.

Grocery Store Shooting In South Arkansas Kills 2 and Wounds Six, Police Say.

FORDYCE, Ark. (AP) — Two people were killed and six wounded, including one law enforcement officer, when a shooter opened fire Friday at a grocery store in Arkansas, police said.

The shooting occurred at the Mad Butcher grocery store in Fordyce. The suspected shooter was critically injured after being shot by police, Arkansas State Police said. An officer was among those shot but did not have life-threatening injuries.

Police did not immediately say whether the shooting occurred inside or outside the store. Authorities planned to hold a news briefing on the shooting later Friday afternoon.

Fordyce is a city of about 3,200 people located 65 miles (104 kilometers) south of Little Rock.

My Family is from Arkansas, I was born in Little Rock. This is naked killing for the sake of killing....by someone with a firearm.

I saw this on the AP site and cringed. I called my cousin in Fordayce, she and her children were not harmed, husband was work is safe. Tell us again how important the 2nd. Amendment is.

I'm asking where in our federal Constitution has our federal government been granted power to enact and enforce the law referenced by the Supreme Court.

I guess you can't answer the question.
Why should I answer a stupid question? As of today, states are allowed to ban violent abusers from owning guns, adding to the list of reasons someone might be prevented from buying a gun. You're still free to scour the constitution for no reason at all, though, if you like.

Have no fear's gun huggers, your right to shoot grocery stores is still alive and intact.

Grocery Store Shooting In South Arkansas Kills 2 and Wounds Six, Police Say.

FORDYCE, Ark. (AP) — Two people were killed and six wounded, including one law enforcement officer, when a shooter opened fire Friday at a grocery store in Arkansas, police said.

The shooting occurred at the Mad Butcher grocery store in Fordyce. The suspected shooter was critically injured after being shot by police, Arkansas State Police said. An officer was among those shot but did not have life-threatening injuries.

Police did not immediately say whether the shooting occurred inside or outside the store. Authorities planned to hold a news briefing on the shooting later Friday afternoon.

Fordyce is a city of about 3,200 people located 65 miles (104 kilometers) south of Little Rock.

My Family is from Arkansas, I was born in Little Rock. This is naked killing for the sake of killing....by someone with a firearm.

I saw this on the AP site and cringed. I called my cousin in Fordayce, she and her children were not harmed, husband was work is safe. Tell us again how important the 2nd. Amendment is.
More important than your triggered whining. Funny how the same douchbags who excuse illegal alien crimes as rare or inconsequential have the gall to attack one of our fundamental rights over rare events like this shooting in Arkansas.

Why should I answer a stupid question?

A stupid question? Our Supreme Court asked that question you nitwit. Learn to read and comprehend what you read.

See the OP
UNITED STATES, PETITIONER v. ZACKEY RAHIMI

“CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS delivered the opinion of the Court. A federal statute prohibits an individual subject to a domestic violence restraining order from possessing a firearm if that order includes a finding that he “represents a credible threat to the physical safety of [an] intimate partner,” or a child of the partner or individual. 18 U. S. C. §922(g)(8). Respondent Zackey Rahimi is subject to such an order. The question is whether this provision may be enforced against him consistent with the Second Amendment.”

I'm asking where in our federal Constitution has our federal government been granted power to enact and enforce the law referenced by the Supreme Court.

I guess you can't answer the question.

The Supreme Court has that power. You just want abusers to have access to firearms.

A stupid question? Our Supreme Court asked that question you nitwit. Learn to read and comprehend what you read.

See the OP

“CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS delivered the opinion of the Court. A federal statute prohibits an individual subject to a domestic violence restraining order from possessing a firearm if that order includes a finding that he “represents a credible threat to the physical safety of [an] intimate partner,” or a child of the partner or individual. 18 U. S. C. §922(g)(8). Respondent Zackey Rahimi is subject to such an order. The question is whether this provision may be enforced against him consistent with the Second Amendment.”
Your the one butthurt about the decision :itsok:

You still haven't answered the question. Where in our federal Constitution has our federal government been granted power to enact and enforce the law referenced by the Supreme Court?

Your the one who NOT answered my question. Why do YOU want to give people with a history of spousal abuse access to firearms. Oh, yes the Suprmeme Court does have the power interpret the Constitution, they have been doing for over
200-Years.

Brown v Board of Education.

Dred Scott v Sandford.

Mitchell v U.S.

Obergefell v Hodges

Plessy v Ferguson.

Loving v Virginia.

Miranda v Arizona.

Madison v Marbury.

Read your fucking history. SCOTUS does have that power.

Now answer MY question. Why do YOU want to people with of violent abuse access to a firearm.

Last edited:
See: Supreme Court upholds federal ban on guns for domestic abusers
Also see:

Well, to answer ROBERTS question, we must first discover why the Second Amendment was adopted, and to factually answer that question we need to review the pertinent historical evidence as to why the Second Amendment, along with nine other amendments, were presented to the States for their approval. And where do we find the evidence? We find it in the Resolution of the First Congress Submitting Twelve Amendments to the Constitution; March 4, 1789 which confirms its intent is to preserve federalism, our constitution’s plan.

“THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added”.

So, the very purpose of the Second Amendment was to prohibit the newly created federal government from entering the states and exercising its powers within the various state borders, and preserving federalism, our Constitution’s plan.

Additional evidence confirming this fact is James Madison, speaking with reference to the adoption of these specific amendments, and acknowledging their adoption is to preserve and protect “federalism”, our Constitution’s big-tent system which reserves to the States and people therein, all powers not delegated to Congress. He says:

“It cannot be a secret to the gentlemen in this House, that, notwithstanding the ratification of this system of Government by eleven of the thirteen United States, in some cases unanimously, in others by large majorities; yet still there is a great number of our constituents who are dissatisfied with it; among whom are many respectable for their talents and patriotism, and respectable for the jealousy they have for their liberty, which, though mistaken in its object, is laudable in its motive. There is a great body of the people falling under this description, who at present feel much inclined to join their support to the cause of Federalism” ___See Madison, June 8th, 1789, Amendments to the Constitution

The bottom line is, the following Supreme Court Justices took it upon themselves to do for the people what the States and people therein, intentionally prohibited when adding the Second Amendment to the Constitution: ROBERTS, ALITO, SOTOMAYOR, KAGAN, GORSUCH, KAVANAUGH, BARRETT, and JACKSON

In addition to removing the Second Amendment from the Constitution, the above Justices also shredded the Tenth Amendment which was aptly summarized by Madison in Federalist Number 45:

“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State."

Finally, let us recall a warning found in “The Old Guard”, a monthly journal devoted to the principles of 1776 and 1787, published in pamphlet form in 1862:

"When a free people submit to oppressive acts, passed in violation of their constitution, for a single day, they have thrown down the palladium of their liberty. Submit to despotism for an hour and you concede the principle. John Adams said, in 1775, Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud. It is the only thing a people determined to be free can do. Republics have often failed, and have been succeeded by the most revolting despotisms; and always it was the voice of timidity, cowardice, or false leaders counseling submission, that led to the final downfall of freedom. It was the cowardice and treachery of the Senate of Rome that allowed the usurper to gain power, inch by inch, to overthrow the Republic. The history of the downfall of Republics is the same in all ages. The first inch that is yielded to despotism __ the first blow, dealt at the Constitution, that is not resisted is the beginning of the end of the nations ruin."

JWK

"The Constitution is the act of the people, speaking in their original character, and defining the permanent conditions of the social alliance; and there can be no doubt on the point with us, that every act of the legislative power contrary to the true intent and meaning of the Constitution, is absolutely null and void. ___ Chancellor James Kent, in his Commentaries on American Law , 1858.

As we all know, rights have limits on them.

The 2A says "shall not be infringed". This does not, and never has means "shall not be infringed ever", it means it shall not be infringed within the normal course of the law.

We don't tell prisoners in jails that they can have their guns. Because that's ridiculous.

If a police officer is trying to arrest you, you couldn't have a situation where that officer could not take your gun from you.

Your right to keep arms is limited, always has been and probably always will be, otherwise society will just fall apart.

You still haven't answered the question. Where in our federal Constitution has our federal government been granted power to enact and enforce the law referenced by the Supreme Court?

Here I'm not sure this is about the federal govt.

The Texas state govt said "you can't have a gun while you're under a restraining order for violence.

The Supreme Court merely said "this isn't unconstitutional"

So, really this applies to state laws, not federal.

I'd assume if the feds made a law, it would involve multiple states, and then the feds might have the power to do something from the commerce clause (yes, I know a lot of people don't think the commerce clause should be used for such thing, but it has been).

Forum List

Back