Surfer dudes test the Tel Aviv waves

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I wouldn't have minded being a surfer myself here in Southern California, but I only got as far as body surfing. However, from the description given by one of the brothers of Tel Aviv, a girl my granddaughter went to high school with was right when she told her friends that Tel Aviv rocks after she came back from a vacation.

Surfer dudes test the Tel Aviv waves
The Gudauskas brothers declare TA, Hilton Beach ‘as close to a fantasy land as you could think of’
BYJESSICA STEINBERG July 15, 2015, 7:53 pm

“Tel Aviv is one of the ‘sickest’ places in the world,” declared surfer brothers Tanner, Patrick and Dane Gudauskas, about five minutes into “Down Days Israel,” a TV series sponsored by Vans — a shoe and apparel company popular among the surfer set — that takes the siblings to explore exotic surfing spots worldwide.

The 29-minute episode follows the tall, rangy, bleached blonde G-Bros, as they’re often called, to the surf and turf of Tel Aviv, then into the religious intensity of Jerusalem, the politics of the West Bank and back to Jaffa for some more wave time.

The San Clemente, California siblings — younger brother Tanner and twins Dane and Patrick — grew up in the heart of Southern California surf culture and are all surfing pros.

In the episode, they’re duly impressed by Tel Aviv’s surfing culture, calling it the “Middle Eastern version of South Beach,” and by the wind-generated surf at Hilton Beach, a favored Tel Aviv spot.

Continue reading at:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/surfer-dudes-test-the-tel

Forum List

Back