🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swedish group wants to give MEN abortion rights too

When abortion was legalized, all child support by men should have ended right then. The man is half responsible for the pregnancy but the birth belongs totally to the mother.

When abortion was legalized, all child support by men should have ended right then.

Not unless a man carries the child himself.

The man is half responsible for the pregnancy but the birth belongs totally to the mother.

Because the man refuses to carry the child. That's not a woman's fault.

A father is responsible to support every child he fathers.
I agree. However, even the radical idea of making a father pay child support for a child he did not plan to sow is hard to enforce in the real world.

That's not even remotely radical. That's the law in every State, 50 of 50 times. And every country in Europe, every prefecture of Japan, virtually the whole of the western world. And has for generations.

I don't think 'radical' means what you think it means.

And having raised one pretty much on my own, I gotta tell you, sending a child support check once a month is NOT the same as taking equal responsibility.

Its closer than no child support check.

A father is responsible to support every child he fathers.
I agree. However, even the radical idea of making a father pay child support for a child he did not plan to sow is hard to enforce in the real world.

That's not even remotely radical. That's the law in every State, 50 of 50 times. And every country in Europe, every prefecture of Japan, virtually the whole of the western world. And has for generations.

I don't think 'radical' means what you think it means.

And having raised one pretty much on my own, I gotta tell you, sending a child support check once a month is NOT the same as taking equal responsibility.

Its closer than no child support check.
I was using "radical" sarcastically, since some on this thread seem to feel it is quite out of line. I also can't tell you how many women have told me how their baby-daddies manage to get out of it.

Remember - child support doesn't exist. Women take the money and spend it on themselves. There is no oversight

While I know exactly what you mean here as my husbands ex was a real bitch and did that shit a lot (like for example she made a mistake on paperwork to CSED about my husband paying CS directly to her so she ended up collecting $10k that he didn't actually owe. Despite my husband turning in copies of every single check given to her for the CS in question, and even with her telling CSED that she'd made a mistake, it took CSED like 4 months to fix the withholding orders. Of course they don't keep the cash, so it went directly to her, and even knowing it wasn't rightfully hers AND that she'd have to pay it back somehow, she bought herself a new car with it. Now unfortunately for the kido, the only way CS had to rectify the imbalance is to stop giving her child support entirely - which of course means the kid gets nothing for however long >.< In this particular case it was actually almost a year without child support to "balance" the books. During which time we actually had to send the kido home with a weeks worth of dinner and checks for breakfast and lunch at school just so he had more than just a PB&J all day - which is what his mom claimed she could "afford" "after gas and all that stuff." But I digress...

The reality is that besides what one would typically consider (food, clothes, etc. for the child) child support is also supposed to pay for things like a portion of the mothers rent, a portion of the electric bill, a portion of the heating bill, a portion of any child care expenses, and even some portion of the mothers auto expenses to get to and from work. Which is why there is no separate account for it, nor any oversight on the mothers spending habits with it, the court presumes that the custodial parent will properly care for the kido - in the cases where the mother does not, the issue goes to child welfare departments for neglect, abuse, etc. And it should be noted that if a custodial parent is financially neglecting a child while receiving child support from the non-custodial parent, any neglect cannot be legally brought against the non-custodial parent - meaning that my husband was not held in any way liable for the financial neglect that was found in the case of his son, because he paid child support to her, the onus was on /her/ to spend it properly on their child --- so there is at least a slight built-in protection for the non-custodial parent in that situation.

Remember - child support doesn't exist. Women take the money and spend it on themselves. There is no oversight

While I know exactly what you mean here as my husbands ex was a real bitch and did that shit a lot (like for example she made a mistake on paperwork to CSED about my husband paying CS directly to her so she ended up collecting $10k that he didn't actually owe. .

To most women, having a kid is just a scam they use to get money out of a man.

eh I can't go that far. I'll agree there are quite a few who do indeed do that, but there are also a lot who are merely following the tick-tock of their bio-clock and don't have any ill intentions. I often feel those types are idiots when their not financially and emotionally prepared for raising a kido, but really for me that just proves that the physical (chemical reaction) is stronger than the ethereal (intelligence) heh

While I know exactly what you mean here as my husbands ex was a real bitch and did that shit a lot (like for example she made a mistake on paperwork to CSED about my husband paying CS directly to her so she ended up collecting $10k that he didn't actually owe. .

To most women, having a kid is just a scam they use to get money out of a man.

Wow. Quite a little window into the wasteland of your mind.

In your estimation, the propagation of our species...is just a scam against men.

]
You don't want to pay to support your own child?
Keep it zipped up. Its 100% effective.

As the board has explained to you a hundred times - THERE IS NO OVERSIGHT and child support money is spent by the wife on herself.

]

As the board has explained to you a hundred times - THERE IS NO OVERSIGHT and child support money is spent by the wife on herself.

Then sue for joint custody. It will cost you loads of your time and money, but you'll have more oversight!

And if you don't like that, keep it zipped up.

]

Then sue for joint custody. It will cost you loads of your time and money, but you'll have more oversight!

You don't know what joint custody is. The man still has to pay.

]

You don't know what joint custody is. The man still has to pay.

The man has to pay his fair share. If you don't want to support your own child.......don't have sex.

You're not an animal, Speedy. You have a choice. And you'll be held responsible for it.

Both parents pay into child support in shared custody, if one or the other parents has higher income they'll end up giving money to the other. This goes either way though, I made more than my ex husband when we divorced and we had shared custody [until he got a GF and decided me having custody was best] - technically during shared custody the books said I owed him child support (we were still living together though so we pretty much split the bills for everything.)

[

Fair would mean 50-50 but that's not how it is. 90% of child support is paid by men.

And women pay to support their own children as well.

But not near as much as men.

Says who? If a man pays child support.....a woman has no bills for her own child? Prove it.

If it was the other way, you'd be howling about the injustice. THINK, man-hater.

Holding men responsible for supporting their *own* children isn't hating men. There's a reason why 50 of 50 States and every nation in the western world has rejected your absurd proposal.

THINK.

Forum List

Back