Syria. An Alternative To War.

Thatguy

Rookie
Aug 11, 2013
I remember hearing on the news a ways back that the U.S. was really putting up a bitch about the Russians sending the Syrian government attack helicopters. Which caused the Russians to not send them. So if the Syrian government resorted to chemical weapons, whose fault is that. The U.S. seems intent on supporting the rebels. But even if they won, what then. There's a good chance that even if they did manage to form a democracy, the people would vote to enslave themselves in a Muslim theocracy. No matter which side we support, the other side will probably want to attack us. Like it or not, as was proven with Iraq, the best solution for peace is to support the government. To that end, the U.S could tell the Syrian government that if they agree to not use chemical weapons, they won't complain about weapons the Russians may wish to send them. On top of that, instead of spending money for war, we could spend money to induce the Syrian government to destroy their chemical weapons. But unfortunately, there is the problem I mentioned in my last post about this. Which is that whenever conflict arises, dollar signs pop up in the eyes of those whose opinion really matters in this country.

Last edited:
I remember hearing on the news a ways back that the U.S. was really pitting up a bitch about the Russians sending the Syrian government attack helicopters. Which caused the Russians to not send them. So if the Syrian government resorted to chemical weapons, whose fault is that. The U.S. seems intent on supporting the rebels.

According to the UN, the Syrian rebels are once AGAIN the ones who used the chemical weapons.

Last edited:
Iran is threatening to attack Israel if the US goes after Syria.

The knee jerk reaction by Obama and Cameron to immediately start bombing Syria before the UN inspectors had finished an investigation is just wild and so uncalled for.

Big backlash against Cameron in his own party.

I remember hearing on the news a ways back that the U.S. was really pitting up a bitch about the Russians sending the Syrian government attack helicopters. Which caused the Russians to not send them. So if the Syrian government resorted to chemical weapons, whose fault is that. The U.S. seems intent on supporting the rebels.

According to the UN, the Syrian rebels are once AGAIN the ones who used the chemical weapons.

The UN has said no such thing.

Iran is threatening to attack Israel if the US goes after Syria.

The knee jerk reaction by Obama and Cameron to immediately start bombing Syria before the UN inspectors had finished an investigation is just wild and so uncalled for.

Big backlash against Cameron in his own party.
From Reuters 29 August 2013:

"A YouGov poll published on Thursday showed opposition to a Syria action hardening, with 51 percent of the British public opposing a missile strike, and just 22 percent in favor of it. Opponents say Britain has neither the money nor the evidence to justify further military action in the Middle East."

It was recently pointed out in another thread on this subject how it's likely the US, France, Britain, and Israel couldn't care less which faction assumes control in Damascus since the principle target is Iran and its threat to sell its oil for gold instead of US dollars.

Some of the bankers who buy and sell politicians like Obama and Cameron would kill their own family (and yours) to prevent an end to the Petrodollar.

Last edited:

UN inspector has said that they believed that rebels/terrorists have used Sarin in the past.

Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times

Syria on Tuesday issued a formal reply to Secretary of State John Kerry’s claim of 'undeniable' evidence of chemical weapons use by government forces on a rebel stronghold near Damascus: You’re lying.

This story is no longer available - Washington Times

One of the rationalizations for his vote to invade Iraq in March of 2003 came in the form of a question to Bush during the 2004 US Presidential "election:" Kerry asked (rhetorically) why did Dubya rush to war in Iraq without a plan to win the peace?

In fact, the last thing war whores like Bush, Carry, and Obama want is peace since their elections and retirements are funded by those who get rich from the mass murder of Muslims from Fallujah to Damascus

Last edited:
That UN thing came from Assad, dupe.

It's a matter of principle on chemical weapons. I say blow up all their runways and give weapons to OUR rebels. But if we just give weapons and say OK but that is definitely IT from now on with the chems, it wouldn't kill me. Either way, wait for the UN decision. No rush. Kinda fun to let the Syrians shytte themselves

Last edited:
The Syrians aren't shitting themselves. Every picture I see of Assad and I have been all over ME websites today show him as being cool as a cucumber.

Britain and the US handing over Syria to more AQ jihadists is crazy. But that's seems like what they want to do.

In recent weeks, the Assad regime has shown signs of surviving. Iran and Russia have been shipping in quantities of arms – flown through Iraq with the connivance of the Shia regime in Baghdad.

Indeed, Iraqi troops have recently been fighting the Syrian insurgents along the 400-mile desert border – a clear sign this conflict is being internationalised.

The Syrian jihadists make no secret of wanting to incorporate Iraq in their caliphate. A fundamentalist regime in Damascus could soon find itself in a war with Iraq.

George Kerevan: Syria is the cockpit for four wars - News - The Scotsman

The Syrians aren't shitting themselves. Every picture I see of Assad and I have been all over ME websites today show him as being cool as a cucumber.

Britain and the US handing over Syria to more AQ jihadists is crazy. But that's seems like what they want to do.

In recent weeks, the Assad regime has shown signs of surviving. Iran and Russia have been shipping in quantities of arms – flown through Iraq with the connivance of the Shia regime in Baghdad.

Indeed, Iraqi troops have recently been fighting the Syrian insurgents along the 400-mile desert border – a clear sign this conflict is being internationalised.

The Syrian jihadists make no secret of wanting to incorporate Iraq in their caliphate. A fundamentalist regime in Damascus could soon find itself in a war with Iraq.

Thanks for your insightful link.
Kerevan connects all the right dots, IMHO

"The dynamics of this conflict are hardly opaque.

"The Arab Spring was not really a democratic opening so much as a populist uprising against deteriorating economic conditions and mass unemployment – the 2009 global recession forced most Middle East regimes to slash food and oil subsidies for their citizens.

"It quickly turned into a Sunni revolt against the secular dictatorships in Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and (finally) Syria.

"A war-weary West supported these overthrows (including bombing Gaddafi) without considering the ensuing political vacuum would lead to fundamentalist regimes of varying fanaticism.

"However, in those countries with large non-Sunni minorities – Copts in Egypt, Alawites in Syria – there has been stiff popular resistance to the imposition of Islamic fundamentalism..."

"It is difficult to see any replacement for Assad being secular or democratic. That implies war, whether with Iraq or Israel."

UN inspector has said that they believed that rebels/terrorists have used Sarin in the past.

Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times
[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]

Look at the date on your partisan rag's article.

Boy, you guys are so easy.

Some hack poured a bucket of piss for you to drink and you guzzled it. Someone else regurgitated this as "breaking" news in another topic. Too stupid to realize that just because they only just now heard about it from their favorite rag does not mean it is breaking news that a UN inspector said MONTHS ago that the rebels MIGHT have been the ones to use chemical weapons MONTHS ago.

The reason you are parroting this now is because you have been successfully confused into believing the UN is saying the chemical attack LAST WEEK was done by rebels. You TOTALLY FELL FOR IT.

The UN never said that about any chemical attack with any certainty. And yet in your gullible minds it did. And it certainly did not say that about last week's attack, which is what The2ndAmendment is claiming.

Jesus H. Christ, don't you get tired of being so gullible?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back