Syria-trained U.S. militants pose threat, officials say

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I hope if anyone sees any suspicious activity, they report it to the authorities.

Syria-trained U.S. militants pose threat, officials say

Counter-terrorism officials worry that Americans returning after fighting with Al Qaeda-linked groups in Syria will launch attacks in the U.S. By Ken Dilanian

February 4, 2014, 5:02 p.m.

WASHINGTON — More than 50 U.S. citizens have joined extremist groups that are fighting to overthrow Syrian President Bashar Assad, and some have returned to America and are under FBI surveillance, U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday.
Counter-terrorism officials are increasingly concerned that Americans who have been trained by Al Qaeda-linked groups and gained battlefield experience in Syria ultimately will try to mount terrorist attacks back home.

"It's probably one of the most significant threats we're dealing with," said a senior intelligence official who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly.

At a House Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday, CIA Director John Brennan said Al Qaeda-linked fighters are training Americans and Europeans at camps in Syria and Iraq.

To continue reading, go to:

Syria-trained U.S. militants pose threat, officials say - latimes.com

I was in a Circuit City several years back when I watched these two Russian-speaking guys buying about 30 Trac Phones. When I got to the car I wondered... call the FBI?

Nahhh....

I recently saw a man cross the street with out waiting for the "Walk" signal.

Then he did it again at the next intersection.

Now I wonder if I should have called Homeland Security about his terrorist behavior?? .. :cool:

Now I wonder if I should have called Homeland Security about his terrorist behavior?? .. :cool:

Now, Sunni Man, even a good Muslim convert knows that it is your brethen that the Intelligence community is picking up. Just don't try to hide one of these terrorists in your apartment as a favor to them.

Everybody knows that jaywalking is a gateway behavior. Before you know it, he's going to be sending out anthrax letters. You should have reported it dude.

Ya cause after all we have no HISTORY of Americans being trained by AQ and returning to the US to mount attacks. Right?

Everybody knows that jaywalking is a gateway behavior. Before you know it, he's going to be sending out anthrax letters. You should have reported it dude.

Jihad Jane here wants the readers to forget that Americans have been trained by Al Gaeda, and could come back and commit domestic terrorism. America isn't the only country worried because citizens of other countries have also been trained by Al Qaeda. Maybe Jihad Jane thinks this is funny.

Jihad Jane here wants the readers to forget that Americans have been trained by Al Gaeda, and could come back and commit domestic terrorism. America isn't the only country worried because citizens of other countries have also been trained by Al Qaeda. Maybe Jihad Jane thinks this is funny.

Didn't Stalin encourage neighbors to report on each other...children to report on parents?

Those were the good old days eh Sally? You really want to bring them back?

Seriously warped.

Didn't Stalin encourage neighbors to report on each other...children to report on parents?

Seriously warped.

Strange how you and your boyfriend can just flip off a serious topic when other countries are also worried about this. Just hope you aren't in the area if there is domestic terrorism by one of these guys.

Seriously warped.

Strange how you and your boyfriend can just flip off a serious topic when other countries are also worried about this. Just hope you aren't in the area if there is domestic terrorism by one of these guys.

Actually....Sal...I'm much more worried about acts of domestic terrorism by home grown white boys. A quick look at statistics will show you that the vast majority of attacks resulting in mass violence and death have been by homies with no links to Al Qaeda.

I'm more worried about unstable individuals with a chip on their shoulders and a lot of guns at their disposal than I am about potential foreign operatives.

I believe that's referred to as a "reality check". :)

[

Seriously warped.

some time ago a seriously warped concept appeared on the
messageboard (in fact,,, directed at me)
"If you do not provide a LINK-----"I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE
A LIAR" -------on the question of any indication at all
that sally admires those which were the policies of stalin---

LINK???????

the "good old days"------"turning in" an important custom
in Utopian Totalitarian societies ----- first reich, second reich,
third reich, caliphate. etc etc -----the GOOD OLD DAYS
for so many and for so many the FUTURE THEY LONG TO
RECREATE. Even during the time of PAPA ASSAD---Syrian
christians I encountered in the USA were reluctant to
TALK ABOUT IT (no link----so the seriously warped can
eructate "LIAR")

Seriously warped.

Actually....Sal...I'm much more worried about acts of domestic terrorism by home grown white boys. A quick look at statistics will show you that the vast majority of attacks resulting in mass violence and death have been by homies with no links to Al Qaeda.

I'm more worried about unstable individuals with a chip on their shoulders and a lot of guns at their disposal than I am about potential foreign operatives.

Why not take your concerns to Homeland Security, Jihad Jane, and tell them that the Muslims they picked up before they were able to do the atrocity planned was really a joke on their part, such as the one where the people on the New York subway would have suffered? Then you can tell all the other countries that are worried about domestic terrorism by those trained by Al Qaeda that there is really nothing to worry about and that they should worry more about the white boys in their midst.

Why not take your concerns to Homeland Security, Jihad Jane, and tell them that the Muslims they picked up before they were able to do the atrocity planned was really a joke on their part, such as the one where the people on the New York subway would have suffered? Then you can tell all the other countries that are worried about domestic terrorism by those trained by Al Qaeda that there is really nothing to worry about and that they should worry more about the white boys in their midst.

I think the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security is quite aware of the relative importance of various terroristic possibilities, don't you? According to their data more than 90% of terrorist attacks on the US soil are carried out by non-Muslims. Now, we're talking about the US here, Stormfront Sally (as per your OP) - not other countries so stop trying to confuse the issue.

Of the more than 300 American deaths from political violence and mass shootings since 9/11, only 33 have come at the hands of Muslim-Americans, according to the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security.

Reality check Sally.

The sky is falling the sky is falling....!!!!!

I think the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security is quite aware of the relative importance of various terroristic possibilities, don't you? According to their data more than 90% of terrorist attacks on the US soil are carried out by non-Muslims. Now, we're talking about the US here, Stormfront Sally (as per your OP) - not other countries so stop trying to confuse the issue.

Of the more than 300 American deaths from political violence and mass shootings since 9/11, only 33 have come at the hands of Muslim-Americans, according to the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security.

Reality check Sally.

You worry about the white guys, Jihad Jane, and I will worry about your friends. I can just imagine how many deaths there would have been on the New York subways, especially when they are packed. Hmm, I wonder if that Pakistani guy in Times Square was able to carry out his plan how many Americans would have died. Times Square is usually packed with people. Oh, I forgot about the underwear bomber. Imagine if he was able to complete his act. Good thing the people on that plane were aware of what was happening. Keep your eye out for those white guys, Jihad Jane, and I will keep my eye out for your friends. And don't forget to tell all those other countries that are worried that they really have to look out for those white guys.

Silly sally-----fret not-----pay attention to those who KNOW
BEST--------only 10% of the terrorist actions in the US----come
from muslims---ONLY 10% what more do you want-----
The population figure usually cited is 0.8 % of the US population is muslim. Lets round that off to 1% Now just think A WHOLE 1% of the population does ONLY 10%
of the terrorist actions. Now do you feel better?----ONLY 10 times more than one would expect according to percentage
of population--------SEE IRREFUTABLE PROOF-----it ain't
the muslims-------ITS DA JOOOOOOOOOOS

Maybe we should inform the authorities about your terrorist activities and see what happens. Being a muslim they would more than likely take any such report seriously and bring you in for questioning.

Thing to do here is to count the muslim population of America, divide this by 7 to give the adult male population then see how many there are in 38% of this population. This will give you an approximation of how many Islamic terrorists are in the USA.

It gives a figure of about 200,000 for the UK which is about right according to government figures

Reality check Sally.

Ever thought that the reason for this could be good intelligence and concerned citizens reporting suspicious behaviour stopping the plans from going ahead. After 9/11 many Americans are very suspicious of arab looking people and will report them at the drop of a hat, this was reinforced by the Boston bombings.

I was once at stop light and the light was bright red.

Looked both left and right, front and back, and there wasn't a car in sight.

So I pushed the gas pedal and ran the red light.

Was this a terroristic act?? .. :confused:

Forum List

Back