Take a look at How Bad Polling is

This video is a very good concise presentation of how polls are skewed to benefit Democrats and suppress Republican turnout by demoralizing them ahead of the election.

These are all recent examples.. Polling USED to be better and more costly... The ACTUAL primary reason it's so bad is a lot of quick cheap polls only WEIGHT the population by Repub and Dem. They do NOT select or they UNDERSELECT the independent voters.

Until about 2004, you could get away with that. But now that the "unaffiliated" are 40+% --- your poll is GARBAGE if you dont sample more independents than you select either Dems or Repubs.

SOME of this is changing. Because asking a person ONCE what their affiliation is inaccurate. There are web based polling operations that VET a person's historical preferences, keep them on file, and select their poll population from there. It's a "stable" if you like for voter sampling. You're dealing with people whom you've followed and "know" much better..

It's another form of "data collection", but it beats "cold calling" or using lists provided by the 2 parties only. If you hear the details of poll methodology, and they ONLY WEIGHT by Repub and Dem -- ignore it. It's garbage...

Last edited:
The polling means nothing if you don't have the turnout.

And today? Information is gold. It is the new oil.

I can't believe folks don't know this. Facebook, Google, every company on the web makes money buying and selling your metadata. Sooooo. . . . when YOU get a call from ANYONE, a polling firm, a research firm doing survey's about medical or consumer preferences, WHATEVER it is, NEVER, EVER answer any question unless they are going to PAY YOU TOP DOLLAR.

DATA IS WORTH MONEY, BIG MONEY IN THIS AGE. $$$$$$$$$$$

If they call me wanting to ask questions, I stop them right there and ask, how much are you paying? :abgg2q.jpg:

Honest answers? TOP DOLLAR.

Misinformation, at a discount.

Lies are free.

:lmao:

If they call me wanting to ask questions, I stop them right there and ask, how much are you paying? :abgg2q.jpg:

That's why the TOP polling companies like Nielsen shove $10 bills into envelopes to encourage you to participate. They ask a lot of you to "keep a log" of your viewing/listening habits. But having them acknowledge that your opinion is WORTH something to them -- makes me want to comply....

Forum List

Back