taxes on guns...the new democrat poll tax...yes it is...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...the democrat anti gun extremists want to use taxes the same way they used them to deny blacks the right to vote...but now they want to use them to prevent everyone else from exercising their 2nd Amendment Right....

NY Dem Admits $100 Tax Intended to Make Guns Only for the Wealthy - The Truth About Guns

From AL.com:

Rep. Nydia Velazquez, D-NY., said the measure would reduce the number of guns in circulation and providing needed funding for programs aimed at reducing violence. The legislation will be introduced in the U.S. House this week.

[…]

“If making guns more expensive means fewer end up in commerce, I’m happy with that result,” Velázquez said. “However, if guns are going to be sold, then those purchasing and selling them should pay for programs that can reduce the incidence of gun violence in our local communities.”

The idea that “keeping guns off the street” is the key to “reducing gun violence” is the cornerstone of modern American gun control, and this proposed legislation is aimed at doing precisely that. The Dem Congresscritter wants to limit ownership of firearms only to those who can afford to pay the ridiculous taxes. She doesn’t care about ensuring low income families and minorities – those who are victimized the most by crime – have the ability to defend themselves. She prefers that they remain disarmed, and vulnerable.

This all comes as firearms ownership is at record levels, and the firearms related death rate plunges to historic lows. Logic dictates that guns aren’t the problem, but logic is beside the point for the civilian disarmament caucus.

What is it with the democrat party and keeping people helpless.....?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gunz.jpg

Its a backdoor way to find out who has guns. If you pay the tax you MUST have one right? Its gun registration in another form.

Yes...the democrat anti gun extremists want to use taxes the same way they used them to deny blacks the right to vote...but now they want to use them to prevent everyone else from exercising their 2nd Amendment Right....

NY Dem Admits $100 Tax Intended to Make Guns Only for the Wealthy - The Truth About Guns

From AL.com:

Rep. Nydia Velazquez, D-NY., said the measure would reduce the number of guns in circulation and providing needed funding for programs aimed at reducing violence. The legislation will be introduced in the U.S. House this week.

[…]

“If making guns more expensive means fewer end up in commerce, I’m happy with that result,” Velázquez said. “However, if guns are going to be sold, then those purchasing and selling them should pay for programs that can reduce the incidence of gun violence in our local communities.”

The idea that “keeping guns off the street” is the key to “reducing gun violence” is the cornerstone of modern American gun control, and this proposed legislation is aimed at doing precisely that. The Dem Congresscritter wants to limit ownership of firearms only to those who can afford to pay the ridiculous taxes. She doesn’t care about ensuring low income families and minorities – those who are victimized the most by crime – have the ability to defend themselves. She prefers that they remain disarmed, and vulnerable.

This all comes as firearms ownership is at record levels, and the firearms related death rate plunges to historic lows. Logic dictates that guns aren’t the problem, but logic is beside the point for the civilian disarmament caucus.

So you have to pay the tax before you're allowed to vote?

If not.....then I don't think you understand what a 'poll tax' is.

You don't mind charging the poor to vote so what's the problem? Oh, that problem, which you don't give a fuck about, screwing the poor.

I never owned a gun, have no use for the NRA what-so-ever, but that doesn't stop me from feeling that harassing honest citizens is a croc of crap.

From AL.com:

[…]

That is the point......they can't charge a tax to vote because it is a right.....any tax meant to prevent you from exercising your right is unconstitutional....so therefore, any tax on the right to bear arms, is unconstitutional......

You don't mind charging the poor to vote so what's the problem? Oh, that problem, which you don't give a fuck about, screwing the poor.

We don't charge the poor to vote....if fact when they pass voter i.d. laws those ids are free to whoever wants to get one if they don't have a drivers license.

From AL.com:

[…]

That is the point......they can't charge a tax to vote because it is a right.....any tax meant to prevent you from exercising your right is unconstitutional....so therefore, any tax on the right to bear arms, is unconstitutional......

My point is......that a poll tax is a tax you have to pay before you can vote.

And this has nothing to do with voting. I don't think you have any real idea what a poll tax is.

We don't charge the poor to vote....if fact when they pass voter i.d. laws those ids are free to whoever wants to get one if they don't have a drivers license.
Getting there to get the free ID isn't free, and neither is the paperwork needed to get an ID if it can even be gotten...

From AL.com:

[…]

And this has nothing to do with voting. I don't think you have any real idea what a poll tax is.

A poll tax was a tax on voting....a tax on guns to prevent ownership is the same thing as a poll tax...it is meant to keep people from exercising their 2nd Amendment right.....

This tax on guns is the equivalent of a poll tax...a typical democrat strategy....

Getting there to get the free ID isn't free, and neither is the paperwork needed to get an ID if it can even be gotten...

They will bring it to you....if you need an ID to vote they will come to your house and it is completely free.....because they can't charge you any fee that would prevent you from being able to vote.

From AL.com:

[…]

A poll tax was a tax on voting....a tax on guns to prevent ownership is the same thing as a poll tax...it is meant to keep people from exercising their 2nd Amendment right.....

This tax on guns is the equivalent of a poll tax...a typical democrat strategy....

So its the 'same as a tax on voting'....except it has nothing to do with taxes on voting.

I don't think 'same' means what you think it means. I'll add to that to 'poll taxes' as terms you don't seem entirely clear on.

Well they seem to find the welfare office just fine and the welfare office REQUIRES ID.

Well they seem to find the welfare office just fine and the welfare office REQUIRES ID.
Not photo ID. And neither have our elections, for a couple of hundred years. You want to see ID, issue it first then ask for it.

At the time the courts outlawed the $2 Poll Tax in Taxachusetts it was NOT because it interfered with the right to vote. It was because the tax was levied only on males and that made it unconstitutional. The state wisely chose to end the tax instead of taking up the alternative which would to have been to equally tax females. That was sometime in the 1950s as I recall. Even at the $1.00/hour minimum wage back then nobody thought the $2 was onerous and the proceeds allegedly were used to pay for printing of ballots.

Not photo ID. And neither have our elections, for a couple of hundred years. You want to see ID, issue it first then ask for it.

That is already how the law works..

At the time the courts outlawed the $2 Poll Tax in Taxachusetts it was NOT because it interfered with the right to vote. It was because the tax was levied only on males and that made it unconstitutional. The state wisely chose to end the tax instead of taking up the alternative which would to have been to equally tax females. That was sometime in the 1950s as I recall. Even at the $1.00/hour minimum wage back then nobody thought the $2 was onerous and the proceeds allegedly were used to pay for printing of ballots.

Wrong...

Poll tax (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

n the United States, payment of a poll tax was a prerequisite to the registration for voting in a number of states. The tax emerged in some states of the United States in the late 19th century as part of the Jim Crow laws. After the right to vote was extended to all races by the enactment of the Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, a number of states enacted poll tax laws as a device for restricting voting rights. The laws often included a grandfather clause, which allowed any adult male whose father or grandfather had voted in a specific year prior to the abolition of slavery to vote without paying the tax. These laws, along with unfairly implementedliteracy tests and extra-legal intimidation,[1] achieved the desired effect of disenfranchisingAfrican-American and Native Americanvoters, as well as poor whites.

That is already how the law works..
If we had issued everyone ID, the courts wouldn't be throwing these laws out. Cart after the horse, not before.

And more on poll taxes..

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h425.html

A poll or head tax is one imposed equally on all adults at the time of voting and is not affected by property ownership or income. The poll tax was used in the South during and after Reconstruction as a means of circumventing the 14th Amendment and denying civil rights to blacks. This form of taxation gradually fell out of favor in the South in the mid-20th century, but it was not until the adoption of the 24th Amendmentthat poll taxes were made illegal as a prerequisite for voting in federal elections. That same prohibition was later extended to all elections.

Forum List

Back