Thanks for the rep.

I just want to say there is no need to thank me for a rep.
I know it's the polite thing to do but I already know you appreciate it.
So if I dont send a thank you please don't be offended,because I do appreciate them as well.
I guess I'm just saying dont feel obligated.

I think you should see the rep system as another opportunity to talk about people's posts and make friends. Every communication opportunity is an opportunity to open discussion with someone and become acquainted with them.

I just want to say there is no need to thank me for a rep.
I know it's the polite thing to do but I already know you appreciate it.
So if I dont send a thank you please don't be offended,because I do appreciate them as well.
I guess I'm just saying dont feel obligated.

I think you should see the rep system as another opportunity to talk about people's posts and make friends. Every communication opportunity is an opportunity to open discussion with someone and become acquainted with them.

I get that. If someone adds a little more to their thank you's that leads to discussion thats great and I'm all for it.
But dont feel obligated to send me a thank you just for the rep.

You can always turn your notifications off but you should leave them on and here is why.

Back in the day, I had a cheap cell phone plan and I tried to tell people to just make it a 10 second conversation for people to just state their business if they called me. It didn't work and I had to get a more expensive plan. Everyone had to say, "Hello. How are you?" and then not wanting to get off my phone. You can't change people.

People need to feel needed, wanted, and important and when you don't do those things, the rep system and people lose their value.

You can always turn your notifications off but you should leave them on and here is why.

Back in the day, I had a cheap cell phone plan and I tried to tell people to just make it a 10 second conversation for people to just state their business if they called me. It didn't work and I had to get a more expensive plan. Everyone had to say, "Hello. How are you?" and then not wanting to get off my phone. You can't change people.

People need to feel needed, wanted, and important and when you don't do those things, the rep system and people lose their value.

Not real sure what you'e trying to say here.
I am just telling folks they dont need to feel obligated to say thanks when they get a rep from me. I promise it wont hurt my feelings.
If they want to convey a message with that thanks then by all means do so.

Forum List

Back