Thanksgiving....what's that all about?

America is …... a nation where our Pledge says clearly we are "one nation, UNDER GOD"

Oh my! You left out the comma and following word, “indivisible”. A nation founded by breaking away from the British Empire then threatens its population with death for committing treason to allow any state to succeed from the union. It’s a common American theme which is found in the 2nd. Amendment of the American Constitution as well. An amendment you understand which is a deviation from the Constitution itself, adding “may not be infringed upon” meaning this Amendment may not be amended. Well!

Our laws are based upon Almighty God's laws. God wrote "Thou shalt not steal", America proceeded to outlaw robberies, larcenies , burglaries.

Though stealing the Mexican state of Texas was OK, right? And then there are the oilfields of Iran (Operation TP Ajax), for example.

I cannot help but notice you didn’t mention “Thou shalt not kill”. I wonder why? Is it because of Cuba, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Grenada, etc?

[

Though stealing the Mexican state of Texas was OK, right? And then there are the oilfields of Iran (Operation TP Ajax), for example.

I cannot help but notice you didn’t mention “Thou shalt not kill”. I wonder why? Is it because of Cuba, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Grenada, etc?

Texas was an Independent republic when they joined the union, not part of Mexico.

Previously, they were part of Mexico, and before that part of Spain, but that was years before they became part of America.

It's about Brits killing Indians.

View attachment 420889
That was at Amritsar, not Plymouth Rock.
Na it was them Moslems what did it, or perhaps the Sikhs - something to do with ownership of that Golden Temple. Hindus, Moslems & Sikhs. - we had no end of trouble trying to keep them apart and from killing each other and us.
Why are Brits always accused of killing everyone when all we wanted was law & order to be maintained.
Indeed, the 1st Earl of Burma did a fine job of straightening out that mess. Creating India, West Pakistan, and East Pakistan-cum Bangladesh did wonders for peace, law, and order which has withstood the test of time right up to this very day.

History[change | change source]
English people often declared a "Thanksgiving" when something good happened. The London Company had a "day of Thanksgiving" at Berkeley Hundred, Virginia in 1619 to celebrate their new colony.

In 1620 the Mayflower brought the Pilgrims to Massachusetts. They made their new home in what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, 380 km northeast of what is now New York.

Half of the Pilgrims died during their first winter in North America. They were cold and did not have enough food. The following year, though, the Native Americans, who were from the Wampanoag tribe, helped them grow crops. At harvest time in the autumn of 1621 they were very thankful that they had a good crop of food to eat during the coming winter. They thanked God and the Native Americans for teaching them how to grow the local foods.

They invited three of the Wampanoags who had helped them to their feast. They were Squanto, Samoset, and Chief Massasoit. The Wampanoags brought their families. This was over 90 people. There were so many people that the Pilgrims did not have enough food to make the meal, so the Wampanoags brought along their own food for the feast.

The Wampanoags brought turkey, duck, fish, deer, berries, squash, and cornbread. They also brought vegetables that they had farmed and shown the Pilgrims how to care for.

Wikipedpa

God those Pilgrims must have been some dumb mother*******. They left Plymouth heading for what they must have known would be a pretty virgin land with no developed society just so-called savages and wild animals. It seems they never considered they might need farmers.
Half of them died from cold and not having enough to eat?
Ha ha ha it seems that they can't have been that proficient at making a fire and had not bothered to bring shotguns to shoot wild animals both as a vital food source and to skin for furs.

Seems it was down to the local Indians to come to their aid the second winter, how embarrassing. The Wampanoag's must have thought - ' Golly we've got a right bunch here."

So in thanks, the Pilgrims invited them to a thanksgiving feast but only made enough food for 3 Indians, the tight bastards.
So the 90 odd Indians had to go back and bring their own turkey, duck, fish, deer, berries, squash, and cornbread. They also brought vegetables.
Squash ha ha ha. they brought squash, ha ha ha. If I'd have been a pilgrim I'd have joined the indians.

Of course, the Indians never did let on that there was a medieval version of Walmart on the other side of the forest.

Now every other Christian society makes Christmas & Easter the biggest celebration feasts of the year but no not you yanks - you always have to be different don't you - I mean going on to Halloween, what the feck?

As far as I can see Thanksgiving should be a national embarrassment particularly as you went on to perpetrate one of the worst genocides in world history against those who had saved you, over the next 400 years.

I think Wednesday Adams had the right attitude to Thanksgiving-

Following on - what is this Independence Day all about?

US Yanks have to be different because we are exceptional.

[

Texas was an Independent republic when they joined the union, not part of Mexico.

Previously, they were part of Mexico, and before that part of Spain, but that was years before they became part of America.
Don't even try to pass that off as anything other than hogwash. You shouldn't try to improve your knowledge of the U.S. by watching Joan Wayne films.

[

Don't even try to pass that off as anything other than hogwash. You shouldn't try to improve your knowledge of the U.S. by watching Joan Wayne films.
Don't even try to pass anything you say off as anything other than hogwash. Texas was independent, and Texans voted for annexation by the United States.

I've often wondered about that myself. Giving thanks to the Indians who helped them to survive at Plymouth Rock. They eventually annihilated every Indian in sight and even the garish Plymouth went out of production 20 years ago.

View attachment 420904

Independence Day signifies George Washington's endeavour to become King of the colonies and the end of the English language (or any other) to be taught in their schools. To be honest it was the end of any pretence of education what-so-ever.

View attachment 420905

Mehh. Those Indians would have annihilated each other, anyway. Like they'd been doing for centuries.

[

Don't even try to pass anything you say off as anything other than hogwash. Texas was independent, and Texans voted for annexation by the United States.
Jesus! You are willing to believe anything.

[

You present a very truthful version of Texas' statehood history.

What was it again?

Oh, yea: "America bad."

I've often wondered about that myself. Giving thanks to the Indians who helped them to survive at Plymouth Rock. They eventually annihilated every Indian in sight and even the garish Plymouth went out of production 20 years ago.

View attachment 420904

Independence Day signifies George Washington's endeavour to become King of the colonies and the end of the English language (or any other) to be taught in their schools. To be honest it was the end of any pretence of education what-so-ever.

View attachment 420905

Mehh. Those Indians would have annihilated each other, anyway. Like they'd been doing for centuries.
No. Marauding Indians such as the Navajos do not represent Indian nations. The vast majority were territorial and were (more or less) as Europeans, ie. shifting of frontiers from time to time but maintaining cultural entities intact. It was the white man in both North America and in South Africa that deprived the indigenous population their birthright and forced them into conflict with one another. Interestingly, in both cases, the whites passed themselves off as being instrumental in staving off tribal wars by the grace of God thus believeing they were performing Biblical deeds by sheparding infidel kaffirs onto the path righteous bliss.

[

What was it again?

And yours? Oh, yea: "America good".

[

What was it again?

And yours? Oh, yea: "America good".
Ha ha.

Good one, Karen. Now you're a waste of time.

Stop questioning everything

No need to question ... Big Brother Will Care For You...

image306.jpg

History[change | change source]
English people often declared a "Thanksgiving" when something good happened. The London Company had a "day of Thanksgiving" at Berkeley Hundred, Virginia in 1619 to celebrate their new colony.

In 1620 the Mayflower brought the Pilgrims to Massachusetts. They made their new home in what is now Plymouth, Massachusetts, 380 km northeast of what is now New York.

Half of the Pilgrims died during their first winter in North America. They were cold and did not have enough food. The following year, though, the Native Americans, who were from the Wampanoag tribe, helped them grow crops. At harvest time in the autumn of 1621 they were very thankful that they had a good crop of food to eat during the coming winter. They thanked God and the Native Americans for teaching them how to grow the local foods.

They invited three of the Wampanoags who had helped them to their feast. They were Squanto, Samoset, and Chief Massasoit. The Wampanoags brought their families. This was over 90 people. There were so many people that the Pilgrims did not have enough food to make the meal, so the Wampanoags brought along their own food for the feast.

The Wampanoags brought turkey, duck, fish, deer, berries, squash, and cornbread. They also brought vegetables that they had farmed and shown the Pilgrims how to care for.

Wikipedpa

God those Pilgrims must have been some dumb mother*******. They left Plymouth heading for what they must have known would be a pretty virgin land with no developed society just so-called savages and wild animals. It seems they never considered they might need farmers.
Half of them died from cold and not having enough to eat?
Ha ha ha it seems that they can't have been that proficient at making a fire and had not bothered to bring shotguns to shoot wild animals both as a vital food source and to skin for furs.

Seems it was down to the local Indians to come to their aid the second winter, how embarrassing. The Wampanoag's must have thought - ' Golly we've got a right bunch here."

So in thanks, the Pilgrims invited them to a thanksgiving feast but only made enough food for 3 Indians, the tight bastards.
So the 90 odd Indians had to go back and bring their own turkey, duck, fish, deer, berries, squash, and cornbread. They also brought vegetables.
Squash ha ha ha. they brought squash, ha ha ha. If I'd have been a pilgrim I'd have joined the indians.

Of course, the Indians never did let on that there was a medieval version of Walmart on the other side of the forest.

Now every other Christian society makes Christmas & Easter the biggest celebration feasts of the year but no not you yanks - you always have to be different don't you - I mean going on to Halloween, what the feck?

As far as I can see Thanksgiving should be a national embarrassment particularly as you went on to perpetrate one of the worst genocides in world history against those who had saved you, over the next 400 years.

I think Wednesday Adams had the right attitude to Thanksgiving-

Halloween is , by far , are biggest holiday !!

The natives were very violent and pugnacious folks ..more like a “death cult”

Forum List

Back