🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Democrat Debate

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Well to be fair to them I downed a bottle of energy drink and tuned in the debate.
And as expected I was truly disappointed. They both missed two points one small and one huge.

Now the small one was missed because of politics. They missed the FACT it was a DEMOCRAT who appointed by the Gov. had the FINAL call on the water switch.
That was done no doubt due to politics.

The huge one is one I found rather upsetting and how the residents were not and are not totally pissed off is amazing. Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton REFUSED/FORGOT to bring up the point that over FOUR DECADES of city of Flint tax payer money for upkeep and upgrading infrastructure was MISSING.

That's right MISSING, just f#cking gone. Money paid via property tax to keep the city up to code is just flat gone. And not one question about where the hell is it. The BIG city of Flint does not even have a water treatment plant. I live in a town of about 3k and we HAVE a water treatment plant.

I would think anybody wanting to run for president would be on that cities political ass DEMANDING to know where that money went. And what kind of leadership IGNORES the fact you need water treatment for the last FORTY YEARS?

That IS where the failure is. Planning and spending, simple as that. And looking into that COULD lead to graft/fraud and corruption charges on current and past leadership of the city. But that IS where the money went. So they missed that point on purpose. BECAUSE that point would have shown four decades of economic abuse.

So there where a few things missing from the debate in Flint.
Truth
Balls
Honesty
What will Flint build in the future?
What ever four decades of lead induced retards can.

Fury

I didn't see the debate. Thanks for your editorial of it. I'll try and catch up and get back to you.

That makes 3 dems and 2 repub debates I missed because no one can stop talking about trump..

Just because he's talked about doesn't mean he will be elected. You're voting for Trump I take it. I'm not.

Just because he's talked about doesn't mean he will be elected. You're voting for Trump I take it. I'm not.
Who are you arguing with? I never even came close to saying anything like that.

Clinton and Sanders called on Michigan’s Republican Governor Rick Snyder to resign. Whatever the merits of that idea, the problems in Flint were the product of failures at every level of government, and of decades of systematic disinvestment in infrastructure—decisions that span the partisan divide. Sanders blamed free trade for Detroit’s travails, ignoring that the city’s problems began decades before foreign competition eroded profits, as factories migrated out of the city and redlining kept black workers from following. Clinton offered up a comprehensive manufacturing plan, without explaining whether it’d bring auto-manufacturing jobs back to Flint, or whether any plan could.

So who won?

Both candidates delivered strong performances, but given the patterns of support to this point, that’s probably not enough for Sanders to turn things around.

The real achievement of the night was forcing the presidential contenders to grapple with the very real problems of one very particular community. Anderson Cooper, the CNN moderator, used the end of the debate to announce that a union fund had pledged $25 million to help fix the pipes in Flint. That may be as positive an outcome as any presidential debate will generate this year.
The People of Flint Won the Democratic Debate

Nobody cares about Flint or the people who live there - least of all HRC or Bernie. It is just a "vehicle" by which they can reinforce the narrative that all Republicans - specially white, elected Republicans - want "black" people to get sick and die.

The ridiculousness of their whining duet and calls for the REPUBLICAN governor to resign is monumental, as it ignores 60 years or TOTAL DEMOCRAT CONTROL of Flint and its ill-fated water system, which resulted in the appointment of a financial manager and then his vain attempt to save some money in a way that seemed harmless.

Nobody cares about Flint or the people who live there - least of all HRC or Bernie. It is just a "vehicle" by which they can reinforce the narrative that all Republicans - specially white, elected Republicans - want "black" people to get sick and die.

The ridiculousness of their whining duet and calls for the REPUBLICAN governor to resign is monumental, as it ignores 60 years or TOTAL DEMOCRAT CONTROL of Flint and its ill-fated water system, which resulted in the appointment of a financial manager and then his vain attempt to save some money in a way that seemed harmless.
I care about the people of Flint.

I care about the people of Flint.
The DOJ needs to look into the city of Flint and find where that money went. We need to help the citizens of Flint do three things.
1, Fix the plumbing.
2, Find the crooks.
3, Get their money back.

And the citizens of Flint need to do one thing.
1, Make sure it never happens again.

Forum List

Back