The Democratic Convention is Just Plain Weak So Far

I don’t agree entirely with the first post. Yes, the convention hasn’t been attacking McCain as hard as the Republicans probably will attack Obama. And the reason why is found in the 30% of Hillary voters who say they will vote for McCain. Obama needs these voters in November and since they have been acting out ever since Hillary lost, he has to mend some broken hearts. And Bill and Hillary actually did a very nice job with their speeches.

But Obama has to hit hard and get the momentum going again. And I believe he’ll do so tonight.

I don’t agree entirely with the first post. Yes, the convention hasn’t been attacking McCain as hard as the Republicans probably will attack Obama. And the reason why is found in the 30% of Hillary voters who say they will vote for McCain. Obama needs these voters in November and since they have been acting out ever since Hillary lost, he has to mend some broken hearts. And Bill and Hillary actually did a very nice job with their speeches.

But Obama has to hit hard and get the momentum going again. And I believe he’ll do so tonight.

Let me guess---he will Bush screwed up, McCain is like Bush and he can do better than both of them.

You should be their speech writer!

no--I believe that more words = less communication and I would refuse to put in a little story about poor 14 year old Mary who lives in Muskogee, OK who had been crying for 7 years because the US invaded Iraq.

bill speech was kinda boring. and he can't really compare
himself with obama with the "experience" claim. obama wasn't
a gov of a state for 4 plus yrs.

Listening to Biden’s speech was like listening to a man trying to
lead a country out of a deep depression with a 59% poverty rate
and a civil war that ended 2 weeks ago. There was a report that
our so-call struggling middle class who get by only because the
good Lord above drops cookies and milkshakes have lowered the
number of uninsured health coverage by themsleves.
Another report of how poverty is steady. Another on how
homes sales jumped 2 %. Another report of the economy grew @
3.3%. America is not failing; America is not 2 steps from being
a typical African country. Ravaged with aids, civil wars, inflation @ 453,333%, public beheadings, craziness every turn you take. GTFHO.

Biden was talking about obama has been right on many issues.
Laughable.Was Obama right when he said the surge should never happen?
Was Obama right when he voted for a general to
continue the war in iraq but he's against that same war?
Was Obama right when he said drilling for oil is a waste but then supported it?
Was Obama right when he said voting for giving oil companies more tax cuts was wrong yet voted for a bill that
provided the same shit he talks against? Was Obama right when
he had to give 3 different comments on the the issue with
Russia and Georgia cuz his dumbass had no clue what to say?
Was Obama right when he said he opposed wiretappings and the issue pertaining to with phone companies and yet voted for it. UM, no.

There was soooooooooooooooooo many lies/misleading comments
it was crazy. Every lie felt like a punch. And there were so many
I can only hope the gop don’t do the same in their convention
(they will though). Joe biden is the same dude who voted
against the Gulf war and voted for the iraq war and has the balls to question mccain’s judgement. When his dumb ass said obama
has no fucking business being the pres. Gtfoh. It’s not like
biden said he was better than obama but obama has no business
being there. Total diss.

First lie bidden said when he gave this notion that mccain is
against solar/alternative energy b/c voted against it X amount
of times. Giving the illusion imo that mccain doesn’t want to want
new sources of energy. But didn’t obama signed on as a cosponsor
to the McCain-Lieberman cap-and-trade climate change bill, which contains billions in subsidies for nuclear power

Second he lied when he said nobody respects America.
Prez of france committed 700 troops to the war in Afghan
You have Georgia crying to the U.S begging us for help.
Poland is goona let the U.S build a missile shield in their country.

700 french troops.. WOW. thats like.. a fucking lot. *yawn*

say, how many countries have already pulled out? It's cool though.. your reaction speaks more about how many sensitive issues Biden touched on than it does your perceived errors.

If God appeared and said Obama was his selected one, you would still bitch about the convention.

It's all hoopla and show and no more. The difference with the Republican convention is that more of the participants will look like they are constipated and white.:lol:

well.. that and injecting a healthy dose of money into the hooker economy.

And Shaq, who said he's going to run for Gov. of Alabama and pres someday.

I personally think he looked a little....inebriated, but one never knows. He used to say he was a Republican. That was before Obama. Now he's an Independent, but one who just wants a black guy to get the presidency.

I know a lot of Hillary supporters who were democrats, before Obama, and now they are independents, because they don't want a black guy to be president.

I know a lot of Hillary supporters who were democrats, before Obama, and now they are independents, because they don't want a black guy to be president.
Where do you live, Alabama? I don't know a single democrat that wouldn't vote for a black person.

I have watched the convention a bit. The only thing I have really came away sure about is the DEMS are really sure of themselves and truly think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have never seen so many people talk about how great they are! I mean I can really relate to people who attended a racist church, an adulterer, a rich Kennedy who killed a woman, a woman who claims she has never been proud of her country until it came time for her husband to run for president, and a Clinton who openly hates Obama but lies so she can save her career inside a political party. What a waste!

Where do you live, Alabama? I don't know a single democrat that wouldn't vote for a black person.

And I don't know any Independents that woudln't vote for a black person, either. But that doesn't mean we're going to vote for someone just because he is black, either.

You don't think there are racist union workers? But I hope you are right.

My cousin and his wife are teachers and because they are also born agains, they have voted for Bush twice and will vote for John McCain because of abortion.

You don't know a lot of Democrats apparently.

I have watched the convention a bit. The only thing I have really came away sure about is the DEMS are really sure of themselves and truly think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have never seen so many people talk about how great they are! I mean I can really relate to people who attended a racist church, an adulterer, a rich Kennedy who killed a woman, a woman who claims she has never been proud of her country until it came time for her husband to run for president, and a Clinton who openly hates Obama but lies so she can save her career inside a political party. What a waste!

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. If we weren't sure of ourselves, you would come here and say we aren't confident.

Most of your right wing churches are filled with white racists.

Bush killed 4000 soldiers over a lie.

McCain said he never appreciated America until he was a POW.

McCain has gone against the McCain from 2000. Before Obama debates him, maybe he should debate himself. Some people still think he is pro choice. They don't realize he flipped on that.

Prove it.

I hate having to prove shit to you ignorant bastards.

Hannity: You spent two years of this five-and-a-half-year period in solitary confinement. What does that do to a person, to spend that much time in solitary confinement?

McCain: I think it makes you a better person. Obviously, it makes you love America. I really didn’t love America until I was deprived of her company

So that would have made John McCain 31 before he loved America.

Michelle is 44.

John McCain was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Michelle was born on the south side of Chicago. IN THE 60's!!! Do you even know American history? I'm guessing not.

Do I have to prove it to you? That came out right after Michelle made her gaffe. It's on tape. Will you blow me if I'm right?

And can you provide me Michelle's quote? You go first.

McCain's comment was that he didn't "really love his country until he was deprived of its company." I can relate to that. "You don't know what you've got until it's gone," is hardly the same as, "You don't have anything until you have everything your way."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back