The essence of liberalism: The cheerleader effect and self-esteem

Iceman

Rookie
Nov 4, 2013
November 18, 2013 Brett Stevens

It caught everyone by surprise, how successful liberalism has been.

I should clarify: liberalism is successful at taking over societies. It is not successful at making them thrive. In fact, it tends to destroy them and leave behind burnt shells with third-world levels of social order, hygiene, corruption and morality.

In other words, liberalism is a successful illusion and motivator, but doesn't work so well in reality. In contrast to what your television says, reality does not have a liberal bias, because if it did, all those liberal republics would be doing well.

Instead we have disaster.

Read Here: The Essence of Liberalism: The Cheerleader Effect and Self-Esteem ? Alternative Right - A Magazine of Radical Traditionalism

This has got to be the most SWEEPING generalization I have heard in my life. What is your alternative to liberalism?

That is a pretty SWEEPING claim.

My question continues to stand. I need a direct answer from you on why liberalism is bad, and your alternative to it.

What is the sweeping generalization? What do you disagree with in the article?

The generalization that liberalism does not work. I disagree with the article on the basis that its examples are on party lines and uses too much nonsensical rhetoric.

• Banned
My question continues to stand. I need a direct answer from you on why liberalism is bad, and your alternative to it.

The generalization that liberalism does not work. I disagree with the article on the basis that its examples are on party lines and uses too much nonsensical rhetoric.

Where does liberalism work in the long term? Where do they use examples on party lines and too much nonsensical rhetoric?

Where does liberalism work in the long term? Where do they use examples on party lines and too much nonsensical rhetoric?

The most important example I can give is a liberal education. What that does is give students all the angles and no subjective information. It will teach them how to think not what to think, and apply themselves in a civil society.

No one is talking about education in the article.

This cockamamie article doesn't have the vaguest hint of a shadow of a clue of what Liberalism is.

Recommeded for kindling.

It's worked here for two centuries. Duh.

This has got to be the most SWEEPING generalization I have heard in my life. What is your alternative to liberalism?

Freedom. And the responsibility and compassion that come with it.

It's the diametric opposite of modern liberalism.

Last edited:

"The postwar period showed great liberalism in both Europe and the USA. This resulted in sexual liberation, gender liberation, multiculturalism and other equality-based programs."

Please don't tell me I am using this quote out of context but, liberation is a bad thing?

"You will be accepted, so long as you join the jihad"- Jihad? really? Clear Islamic bias

"The postwar period showed great liberalism in both Europe and the USA. This resulted in sexual liberation, gender liberation, multiculturalism and other equality-based programs."

Please don't tell me I am using this quote out of context but, liberation is a bad thing?

"You will be accepted, so long as you join the jihad"- Jihad? really? Clear Islamic bias
Yes.

He is talking about the Cultural Marxist Jihad. He isn't a muslim, lol. He is using a figure of speech.

What do you define as working?

Also, was the America founded as a liberal country? If it was founded as a liberal country, how is it similar to America today.

I will list a couple examples of why America is declining.

Low Birthrates

Lowest Marriage Rates in a Century

Increased out of wedlock birth rate

Largest prison population in the world

Erosion of 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Amendments

Rise in Homosexuality

Record Public and Private Debt

Growing income disparity

Income gain among 1% continue, while 80% live paycheck to paycheck, on public assistance, or unemployed

Lowest Labor Participation Rate in 35 Years

24 more reasons America is in decline: Wall Of Worry Redux: 24 Statistics Confirming America's Decline | Zero Hedge

Also, was the America founded as a liberal country? If it was founded as a liberal country, how is it similar to America today.

Low Birthrates

Rise in Homosexuality

Growing income disparity

Income gain among 1% continue, while 80% live paycheck to paycheck, on public assistance, or unemployed

24 more reasons America is in decline: Wall Of Worry Redux: 24 Statistics Confirming America's Decline | Zero Hedge

What do any of those have to do with results of Liberalism? Whether one agrees those are signs of decline or not (certainly some are), half of those are social demographics; some are economics, some, like Amendment erosions, indicate the opposite -- a decline of Liberalism.

Before we go on, and this may be for entertainment purposes only -- what do you think "Liberalism" even means? And what the hell does the article writer think it means? Because that's just cryptic gobbledegook.

Last edited:

Low Birthrates

Rise in Homosexuality

Growing income disparity

What do any of those have to do with results of Liberalism? Whether one agrees those are signs of decline or not (certainly some are), half of those are social demographics; some are economics, some, like Amendment erosions, indicate the opposite -- a decline of Liberalism.

Before we go on, and this may be for entertainment purposes only -- what do you think "Liberalism" even means? And what the hell does the article writer think it means? Because that's just cryptic gobbledegook.

You said America has been a liberal country for 200 years, and it has been working. Clearly it hasn't been working. Hence, proving the point of the article. Liberalism, as a long term strategy, is a failure.

Liberalism is the poison that emerged out of the "Enlightenment", in it's early extreme form, it led to the proto-marxist French Revolution. In the long term, is has led to the decline of Western Civilization.

Forum List

Back