The Heavenly music thread

Here are a couple of song videos I played for worship when I preached about a month ago and the songs tied in to my sermon called "Fear Not."

No Longer Slaves - I Am They

Fear Is A Liar - Zach Williams

Here are a couple of song videos I played for worship when I preached about a month ago and the songs tied in to my sermon called "Fear Not."

No Longer Slaves - I Am They

Fear Is A Liar - Zach Williams

I love both those songs. Thanks for sharing those, and yes, they are a perfect anthem for the time we're living in right now. I like this version....

A couple more old school songs. Remember Kirk Franklin?

(snip)

Very apropos with Bill Withers passing away this week.

When I was going to a predominately black church in the mid 90s, this got us up and dancing real quick...

When I Think About Jesus - Kirk Franklin

I like this version just because it's much longer...
When I Think About Jesus - Clint Brown

(snip)

Very apropos with Bill Withers passing away this week.

When I was going to a predominately black church in the mid 90s, this got us up and dancing real quick...

When I Think About Jesus - Kirk Franklin

I like this version just because it's much longer...
When I Think About Jesus - Clint Brown

Oh wow, this really does make me want to dance! :biggrin: :thewave: :yes_text12::dance::5_1_12024:

hahahaha....I'm glad you posted the longer version, the first one was too short!

^ I love delirious?! It's too bad they broke up. I'll try to find my favorite songs by them later.

This video is from my sister's church in Northern California...this was for Easter 2015, check out the Brady Bunch style opener to the song "This is Amazing Grace" :biggrin:

Shoot, because of privacy settings it's not letting me embed the video. Ah well....you can probably click on it to watch it on Vimeo. Never mind, I think I got it to work.

Last edited:
I am a Christian and a musician but find so much inspiration all around. I have so many faves. Here is one: Erik Esenvalds "Stars". The ethereal sound you hear is the choir playing water glasses. Esenvalds studied at a Baptist Theological Seminary. The lyrics are a poem by Sara Teasdale:

Alone in the night
On a dark hill
With pines around me
Spicy and still

And a heaven full of stars
Over my head
White and topaz
And misty red;

Myriads with beating
Hearts of fire
The aeons
Cannot vex or tire;

Up the dome of heaven
Like a great hill
I watch them marching
Stately and still

And I know that I
Am honored to be
Witness
Of so much majesty

I am a Christian and a musician but find so much inspiration all around. I have so many faves. Here is one: Erik Esenvalds "Stars". The ethereal sound you hear is the choir playing water glasses. Esenvalds studied at a Baptist Theological Seminary. The lyrics are a poem by Sara Teasdale:

Alone in the night
On a dark hill
With pines around me
Spicy and still

And a heaven full of stars
Over my head
White and topaz
And misty red;

Myriads with beating
Hearts of fire
The aeons
Cannot vex or tire;

Up the dome of heaven
Like a great hill
I watch them marching
Stately and still

And I know that I
Am honored to be
Witness
Of so much majesty

Wow, that was hauntingly beautiful and unique. And I love that poem. Thanks for sharing it!

Forum List

Back