The Illiterate Bag

"I can take care of myself," Clinton said on "This Week" when asked to respond to Trump's jab.
Yes we know your Royal Highness, it's the way you "take care of" yourself and your cronies that's the fucking problem.

92a.gif

I was hoping for something with a little more pizzazz from Mr. Trump. Maybe something like "Annoying Bitch"

To be properly punctuated, your sentence above should end in four dots, not three.

Nope. Three is a standard ellipsis.

An ellipsis at the end of a sentence with a sentence following should be preceded by a period (for a total of four dots).

Ellipsis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ellipsis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article is about the punctuation mark. For the syntactic omission of words, see Ellipsis (linguistics). For other uses, see Ellipsis (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Ellipse.

Ellipsis
. . .
Precomposed ellipsis
Spaced 3 periods Mid-line ellipsis
Punctuation

apostrophe ’'
brackets [ ]( ){ }⟨ ⟩
colon :
comma ,،、
dash ‒ – — ―
ellipsis ….... . .
exclamation mark !
full stop, period .
hyphen
hyphen-minus -
question mark ?
quotation marks ‘ ’“ ”' '" "
semicolon ;
slash, stroke, solidus /⁄
Word dividers
interpunct ·
space
General typography
ampersand &
asterisk *
at sign @
backslash \
bullet
caret ^
dagger † ‡
degree °
ditto mark
inverted exclamation mark ¡
inverted question mark ¿
number sign, pound, hash, octothorpe #
numero sign
obelus ÷
multiplication sign ×
ordinal indicator º ª
percent, per mil % ‰
plus and minus + −
equals sign =
basis point
pilcrow
prime ′″‴
section sign §
tilde ~
underscore, understrike _
vertical bar, pipe, broken bar |‖¦
Intellectual property
copyright ©
sound-recording copyright
registered trademark ®
service mark
trademark
Currency
generic currency symbol ¤
currency symbols

฿ ¢ $ ƒ £ ¥

Uncommon typography
asterism
hedera
index, fist
interrobang
irony punctuation
lozenge
reference mark
tie
Related
In other scripts
Ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission" or "falling short") is a series of dots (typically three, such as "…") that usually indicates an intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section from a text without altering its original meaning.[1]

Contents
[hide]

The expression, "I could care less" irritates my ears like fingernails on a chalkboard. I couldn't believe she actually said that.

For this reason, and for this reason alone, I shall not vote for her!

[just kidding]

To be properly punctuated, your sentence above should end in four dots, not three.

An ellipsis at the end of a sentence with a sentence following should be preceded by a period (for a total of four dots).

Following a complete sentence, yes, Mine was not a complete sentence, and there is no sentence following.

As I'm sure a professor such as yourself realizes, there are varying opinions on what constitutes correct style.

Following a complete sentence, yes, Mine was not a complete sentence, and there is no sentence following.

As I'm sure a professor such as yourself realizes, there are varying opinions on what constitutes correct style.

"I couldn't care less." That's a complete sentence.

Perhaps a phrenological examination of your head would allow us to discern the problem. I'm sure it would be accepted under Democrat scholarship.

Perhaps a phrenological examination of your head would allow us to discern the problem. I'm sure it would be accepted under Democrat scholarship.

You're denying that's a complete sentence? What's missing?

Forum List

Back