The IRS can’t go after you if you don’t pay the fine

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
Don't like the idea of Obama Care? Don't worry about it, just ignore it, since the IRS has no authority to enforce the fines associated with not having the insurance. The IRS is just a paper Tiger when it comes to the Affordable Care Act

Interesting fact: The IRS can’t go after you if you don’t pay the fine

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act specifies that the IRS cannot subject taxpayers to “any criminal prosecution or penalty” for refusing to pay the mandate fine. Also, in contrast to normal tax levies, the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Basically, the only thing the IRS can do to make you pay the mandate fine is to take it out of your withholding, or withhold it from your tax refund, if you’re due one. So if you don’t participate in the withholding process, the IRS has no way to collect the mandate fine.
White House Publishes Final Regulations For Obamacare's Individual Mandate -- Seven Things You Need To Know - Forbes

Don't like the idea of Obama Care? Don't worry about it, just ignore it, since the IRS has no authority to enforce the fines associated with not having the insurance. The IRS is just a paper Tiger when it comes to the Affordable Care Act

Section 1501(g)(2) of the Affordable Care Act specifies that the IRS cannot subject taxpayers to “any criminal prosecution or penalty” for refusing to pay the mandate fine. Also, in contrast to normal tax levies, the IRS cannot “file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section.”

Basically, the only thing the IRS can do to make you pay the mandate fine is to take it out of your withholding, or withhold it from your tax refund, if you’re due one. So if you don’t participate in the withholding process, the IRS has no way to collect the mandate fine.
White House Publishes Final Regulations For Obamacare's Individual Mandate -- Seven Things You Need To Know - Forbes

I don't know or really care whether that's true or not; I declared when this bill was passed that I'm not about to undertake a mandated expenditure, and I don't intend to now. Let the chips fall where they may.

Yes. American deadbeats are free to continue being deadbeats.

Don't worry, though.....Pogo. When you get illl or have that unexpected car accident....we will STILL demand that you get treated and nursed back to health. We are all Americans. Even the stupid, recalcitrant among us. We all deserve excellent medical care.

A little personal responsibility would be nice.

Yes. American deadbeats are free to continue being deadbeats.

Don't worry, though.....Pogo. When you get illl or have that unexpected car accident....we will STILL demand that you get treated and nursed back to health. We are all Americans. Even the stupid, recalcitrant among us. We all deserve excellent medical care.

A little personal responsibility would be nice.

Oh, I didn't mention personal responsibility. I was talking about government forcing me to buy into something. The idea was absurd when Romney dreamed it up and it's still absurd now.

Now Vermont... they have the right idea. But for the Joe Lieberwhores of the world we might have had something like that, but noooooo....

True.

Of course the number of Americans who actually elect to go completely without health insurance will be so small, it won’t have an adverse effect on Act.

I don't know or really care whether that's true or not; I declared when this bill was passed that I'm not about to undertake a mandated expenditure, and I don't intend to now. Let the chips fall where they may.

It is true, even if the media isn't pushing it.

True.

Of course the number of Americans who actually elect to go completely without health insurance will be so small, it won’t have an adverse effect on Act.

Damn, you are dumber than I thought.

Forum List

Back