The Jewish-Muslim Connection: Traditional Ways of Life

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Judaism and Christianity differ profoundly in religious terms; the real resemblance is between Judaism and Islam.

The Law

Most basically, Judaism and Islam emphasize correct action and Christianity stresses correct faith. Pious Jews and Muslims are more concerned with fulfilling God's commandments; their Christians counterparts concentrate on attitude and feeling.

Though it came six centuries after Christianity, Islam followed the Jewish approach to God by stressing works over faith. The Jewish and Muslim religious laws (known as the Halakha and the Shari'a, respectively) differ in many details, but they share much in outlook. Both are vast codes which touch on such diverse matters as family relations, social behavior, personal habits, and political attitudes. From cradle to grave, morning to night, few acts of an observant Jew or Muslim escape the demands of the law. But "law" is not an entirely apt term to describe the Halakha and Shari'a, for they contain many precepts outside the jurisdiction of law as understood in the West - how to wash, what to eat, where to pray. The codes contain provisions for every imaginable circumstance, including the most unlikely: who inherits what when a child dies leaving as survivors only his eight great-grandparents is a matter of some interest in the Shari'a.

For Jews, living in accordance with the Halakha is the primary means of reaffirming God's covenant with Abraham. For Muslims, fulfilling the Shari'a permits them to live as Muhammad and his companions did. For both, the letter of the law counts as much as its spirit.

Whereas theology presents the great intellectual challenge to Christians, Jews and Muslims have always been most preoccupied with the religious code of laws. Scholars of both communities have devoted enormous attention to elaborating a complete system of precepts out of the books of divine inspiration (the Bible, Qur'an), their oral commentaries (Talmud, Hadith), juridical treatises, and legal handbooks.

Parallel law codes led to many similarities in the way of life of traditional Jewish and Muslim communities. A sampling of similarities follows.

Synagogue and mosque services are both informal, with a great deal of coming and going; the absence of a priest in charge means that each person can pray on his own, adding an element of chaos to the proceedings. Women need not go to services; those who choose to are relegated to a separate section where they are less visible to men. References to God, to blessings and curses, and to ritual life permeate conversations among Jews and Muslims. But whereas Muslims invoke the Lord every few sentences, pious Jews never mention His name. In both religions, ritual purity requires ablutions after sexual relations, excretion, sleep, or eating. Before prayers, Jews pour water over their hands, while Muslims splash it over other parts of the body too.

Simple dietary regulations have vast social ramifications. Jews and Muslims are required to maintain stringent codes about eating meat and other foods. In order to supply themselves with proper food, they must band together and live in organized communities. Dietary laws have especially important consequences wherever Jews or Muslims are in a minority, setting them apart from the majority community.

What annoys me about jews is, they take out their anger against their own god against Christianity.

Even they are afraid of the tribe. Can't say i blame them. I am too.

What annoys me about jews is, they take out their anger against their own god against Christianity.

What annoys me is people who have no spirit of discernment and live by superstitions and feel that destruction is the way. God does not need humankind with no spiritual awareness and lack of understanding of how his spirit works to force their precepts onto other people.

What annoys me is people who have no spirit of discernment and live by superstitions and feel that destruction is the way. God does not need humankind with no spiritual awareness and lack of understanding of how his spirit works to force their precepts onto other people.
destructive personalities suck. That's why i don't get on with the far left. They equate death.

christianity is idolatry

Jewish law considers Christianity idolatry

christianity is idolatry

Guno you need to go inform all those Jews that believe in Jesus as their Savior and Redeemer who have a spirit to understand. Maybe they can help you where you seem to be lacking in the knowledge of that spirit.

christianity is idolatry

stop taking out your frustrations on us. you are the equivalent of a white national who's been deselected.

You are a great poster, but hells bells, you need to loosen up.one of life's losers.

christianity is idolatry

Guno you need to go inform all those Jews that believe in Jesus as their Savior and Redeemer who have a spirit to understand. Maybe they can help you where you seem to be lacking in the knowledge of that spirit.

jewish women deselected him.

Judaism and Christianity differ profoundly in religious terms; the real resemblance is between Judaism and Islam.

The Law

Most basically, Judaism and Islam emphasize correct action and Christianity stresses correct faith. Pious Jews and Muslims are more concerned with fulfilling God's commandments; their Christians counterparts concentrate on attitude and feeling.

Though it came six centuries after Christianity, Islam followed the Jewish approach to God by stressing works over faith. The Jewish and Muslim religious laws (known as the Halakha and the Shari'a, respectively) differ in many details, but they share much in outlook. Both are vast codes which touch on such diverse matters as family relations, social behavior, personal habits, and political attitudes. From cradle to grave, morning to night, few acts of an observant Jew or Muslim escape the demands of the law. But "law" is not an entirely apt term to describe the Halakha and Shari'a, for they contain many precepts outside the jurisdiction of law as understood in the West - how to wash, what to eat, where to pray. The codes contain provisions for every imaginable circumstance, including the most unlikely: who inherits what when a child dies leaving as survivors only his eight great-grandparents is a matter of some interest in the Shari'a.

For Jews, living in accordance with the Halakha is the primary means of reaffirming God's covenant with Abraham. For Muslims, fulfilling the Shari'a permits them to live as Muhammad and his companions did. For both, the letter of the law counts as much as its spirit.

Whereas theology presents the great intellectual challenge to Christians, Jews and Muslims have always been most preoccupied with the religious code of laws. Scholars of both communities have devoted enormous attention to elaborating a complete system of precepts out of the books of divine inspiration (the Bible, Qur'an), their oral commentaries (Talmud, Hadith), juridical treatises, and legal handbooks.

Parallel law codes led to many similarities in the way of life of traditional Jewish and Muslim communities. A sampling of similarities follows.

Synagogue and mosque services are both informal, with a great deal of coming and going; the absence of a priest in charge means that each person can pray on his own, adding an element of chaos to the proceedings. Women need not go to services; those who choose to are relegated to a separate section where they are less visible to men. References to God, to blessings and curses, and to ritual life permeate conversations among Jews and Muslims. But whereas Muslims invoke the Lord every few sentences, pious Jews never mention His name. In both religions, ritual purity requires ablutions after sexual relations, excretion, sleep, or eating. Before prayers, Jews pour water over their hands, while Muslims splash it over other parts of the body too.

Simple dietary regulations have vast social ramifications. Jews and Muslims are required to maintain stringent codes about eating meat and other foods. In order to supply themselves with proper food, they must band together and live in organized communities. Dietary laws have especially important consequences wherever Jews or Muslims are in a minority, setting them apart from the majority community.

Except of course that you are ignoring the MASSIVE reform movement among jews.

In Orthodox Judaism it is the men and boyz that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking like clowns.

In Orthodox Islam it is the women and girls that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking with witches on Halloween.

In Christianity it is the Vatican and Greek Orthodox cardinals and priests that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking like Christmas trees.

Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, it's a clown show everywhere you look.

christianity is idolatry

Yah and what about all those little Mogen Davids that Jews love to wear all day to flaunt their Judaism?

You should have learned in Kindergarten that whenever you point your finger then 3 of them automatically point back at you.

In Orthodox Judaism it is the men and boyz that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking like clowns.

In Orthodox Islam it is the women and girls that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking with witches on Halloween.

In Christianity it is the Vatican and Greek Orthodox cardinals and priests that wear the crazy outfits and walk around looking like Christmas trees.

Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, it's a clown show everywhere you look.
fanny's your c*nt?

guno, there's a position called public relations, which is to make a company or religion look good. You apparently have appointed yourself the opposite position, which is to make Judaism look bad. Your hatred of Christians bounces off of you and to all Jews, you are doing them a grave disservice every time you spread your hatred on this forum. Last time I checked, Jews don't need to make more enemies. So, for the sake of your people and your religion, please STFU.

guno, there's a position called public relations, which is to make a company or religion look good. You apparently have appointed yourself the opposite position, which is to make Judaism look bad. Your hatred of Christians bounces off of you and to all Jews, you are doing them a grave disservice every time you spread your hatred on this forum. Last time I checked, Jews don't need to make more enemies. So, for the sake of your people and your religion, please STFU.
guno is the jewish equivlenant of transwomen athletes. Threatening people causes backlash.

Do not argue with the followers of an earlier revelation otherwise than in the most kindly manner........We believe in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, as well as that which has been bestowed upon you: from our God and your God is one and the same, and it is to him that we surrender ourselves

Quran

Jews and Christians were allowed to pray at the mosque in Medina, Though most Jews rarely did. It was not forbidden.
Jews from Tiberias were consulted during the clean up on the mount and Pilgrims allowed to return. The al-aqsa mosque was build so they could face Mecca, not the site of the ancient temple, which was for the jews and christians, the city of the temple (madinat bayt a-maqdis). Muslims did not live in the city of Jerusalem itself, though some did camp in the arches of the then open mosque.

Do not argue with the followers of an earlier revelation otherwise than in the most kindly manner........We believe in that which has been bestowed from on high upon us, as well as that which has been bestowed upon you: from our God and your God is one and the same, and it is to him that we surrender ourselves

Quran

Jews and Christians were allowed to pray at the mosque in Medina, Though most Jews rarely did. It was not forbidden.
Jews from Tiberias were consulted during the clean up on the mount and Pilgrims allowed to return. The al-aqsa mosque was build so they could face Mecca, not the site of the ancient temple, which was for the jews and christians, the city of the temple (madinat bayt a-maqdis). Muslims did not live in the city of Jerusalem itself, though some did camp in the arches of the then open mosque.
Blah, blah, blah, "Religion of Peace." I'm sending you a burka. Wear it in good health. Sooner than you think, it won't be safe for you to leave home without it.

Forum List

Back