The Last of the Lincolns: Delmer Berg Dies at age 100

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Presente Del Berg!!!

baa44844-3edd-45a3-b586-1a6a7d09ff9f.jpg

Delmer Berg (December 20, 1915 - February 28, 2016), the last known surviving veteran of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade, died peacefully in his California home today. He was 100 years old. Though hard of hearing in his old age, Del was voluble and forthcoming about his experiences in the Spanish Civil War and beyond, recently authoring a piece for the NY Times Magazine and interviewing with El Diario and El País.

Delmer Berg, Last Surviving Lincoln, Dies at 100

Last edited:
Yup, you go ahead and support the fascists, kiddo.

Todd, use some common sense. Or you are saying in a show down you would have fought with the Nazis. Stupid.

Todd, use some common sense. Or you are saying in a show down you would have fought with the Nazis. Stupid.

I can't cheer when stupid Commies die?
I'm gonna cheer when the rest of the Castros go to hell. What about you?

"The last of the Lincolns"? It was known as the XV International brigade. The guys who served probably never heard that they were called the Lincoln Brigade by the media.

Commies or Nazis. Cancer or AIDS. Drowning or Burning.

It wasn't like one was better than the other. We should have been wishing they both killed each other off. Instead we had useful idiots rushing to Spain to fight a war that was just a proxy between Hitler and Stalin.

Then you loons are saying we should not have sided with GB and the USSR against Germany.

You lack any common sense.

Then you loons are saying we should not have sided with GB and the USSR against Germany.

Who said that? Where?

I'm saying Americans who fought for the Commies were stupid.
Will you be sad when Fidel finally kicks?

Or as they were called during the witchhunts of the 1950's "Premature anti-fascists"

By the way- if anyone hasn't read it yet- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is a great Hemingway book about the Spanish Civil war- and pulls no punches

Who said that? Where?

Of course that is what you mean: you would have supported the Nazis. Shame on you.

No, but I wouldn't have been sad if a bunch more American Commies had gone over there and then been shot for insufficient ideological purity. Stupid fucking Commies.

Will you be throwing a happy party or a sad party when Fidel croaks?

Who said that? Where?

Of course that is what you mean: you would have supported the Nazis. Shame on you.

No, but I wouldn't have been sad if a bunch more American Commies had gone over there and then been shot for insufficient ideological purity. Stupid fucking Commies. Will you be throwing a happy party or a sad party when Fidel croaks?
You are the fascist who would have sided with the Germans. For shame.

Who said that? Where?

No, but I wouldn't have been sad if a bunch more American Commies had gone over there and then been shot for insufficient ideological purity. Stupid fucking Commies. Will you be throwing a happy party or a sad party when Fidel croaks?
You are the fascist who would have sided with the Germans. For shame.

Commie says what?

Do you have your sad party supplies yet?
Don't wait too long. Moron.

Commie says what? Do you have your sad party supplies yet?
Why do you apologize for the Nazis, then defend them?

Link?
From your post to the one above. Anyone can read them and see that you are secret Nazi. It is easy to infer that you would have loved serving in the Waffen SS.

Absolutely- if the Lincoln Brigade consisted of 'premature Anti-fascists'- then those who condemn them clearly are post facto pro-fascists.

Commie says what? Do you have your sad party supplies yet?
Why do you apologize for the Nazis, then defend them?

Link?
From your post to the one above. Anyone can read them and see that you are secret Nazi. It is easy to infer that you would have loved serving in the Waffen SS.

Absolutely- if the Lincoln Brigade consisted of 'premature Anti-fascists'- then those who condemn them clearly are post facto pro-fascists.
Indeed, Todd is a pro-fascist.

Forum List

Back